Confirmed with Link: Hertl signs 2 years 6 million ($3m AAV)

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
This seems like a very good deal. Lots of contracts are coming up over the next 2-3 years, I have a feeling this team is going to look drastically different around the time Hertl needs to be extended again.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Why? Just means he's going to get a monster deal. Its smart to keep the carrot dangling in front of young players. It pushes them to keep working.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
If history repeats itself. Hertl will get a 4+ year contract next at 5mil or more (depending on how much better he gets).

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Why? Just means he's going to get a monster deal. Its smart to keep the carrot dangling in front of young players. It pushes them to keep working.

why what?
basically this was a pretty low-ball prove-it deal to a player who has already proved it. 3.5m would have still been a great deal.

i mean good for the team in general but at the expense of tomas.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
why what?
basically this was a pretty low-ball prove-it deal to a player who has already proved it. 3.5m would have still been a great deal.

i mean good for the team in general but at the expense of tomas.

Its a bridge contract. Just like Couture got. I guess he got ripped off too? If he produces huge numbers then guess what? He'll cash in.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Its a bridge contract. Just like Couture got. I guess he got ripped off too? If he produces huge numbers then guess what? He'll cash in.

Except logan signed his deal after about 1.3 seasons, and hertl is signing his after 3 full seasons. Logan looked great but it was still after relatively little nhl action; hertl is already an established nhl player.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Its fair and keeps it in line with Couture's deal. Couture got a 2 year deal for 2.875M per after coming off 56 and 65 point seasons.

Hertl is coming off 31 and 46 point seasons.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I mean it's within the realm of fair but IMO Hertl has proven more than Logan did at the point of the signing, and I include the lengthy injury rehab in that. It was a legitimate question how logan would do matched up against tougher competition as he moved up the depth chart. Hertl is at the top of the depth chart and has proven he can take on the toughs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad