Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2023-24 Seasons | Hershey 12x (and Defending) Champions Edition

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
What is the game day experience like in Hershey?
Game day is awesome. I have more fun at bears games than caps games most of the time. We have a partial plan and do all the playoff games. We've become friends with the season ticket holders next to us and around us. Most of them aren't bad but there's a few bad seeds in every bunch...and it seems they all gather on the FB group page. Witnessed a few really shitty things done to opposing teams fans over the years but as a whole it's a terrific experience.

As for Sgarbossa most of the complaints I hear is he's snotty/stuck up and that he's not a leader. But in reality he's probably just a private guy and doesn't like the limelight. He's a lead by example guy, not a talker. I met him once and he was very polite and shook my hand, kicked the shit for about 30 seconds and moved on. It was in the wild too so he had no obligation to be nice. Maybe he doesn't like signing autographs and hurt some overbearing fans feelings.

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
Is nearly all travel in AHL by bus?
Yes, at least in the east. Hershey play at Iowa in a couple of weeks, not sure if that is a drive or fly. Other than this year, going to Iowa for the first time ever, Charlotte is the longest trip.

Reactions: pman25

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Hershey to Charlotte, NC. That's a 489 mile trip aka 8 to 9 hours on the bus. Welcome to the AHL Kuzy.
Little AHL stint should humble him a bit. But i don’t think he’ll travel this week. NHL still has to clear him to play and He hasn’t skated much. Would be healthiest to let him get settled in Hershey this weekend.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
If/when Capitals pick up Phillips back, is the Hershey Bears going to ice the greatest team in AHL history with him and Kuznetsov there too?

Even taking out Kuznetsov (who might never play a game there)... Matthew Phillips at the AHL-level is like adding AHL-Nikita Kucherov to your team for the Playoffs. So much talent down there in Hershey for the Playoffs.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
If/when Capitals pick up Phillips back, is the Hershey Bears going to ice the greatest team in AHL history with him and Kuznetsov there too?

Even taking out Kuznetsov (who might never play a game there)... Matthew Phillips at the AHL-level is like adding AHL-Nikita Kucherov to your team for the Playoffs. So much talent down there in Hershey for the Playoffs.

Hopefully nobody else put a claim in and he can go straight to Hershey!

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
For Kuzys sake, I hope he finds joy in hershey. Get off the blow, have fun in a low stress environment, and get mentally healthy. Then he can go to the KHL, another NHL team or whatever.

I just have too many good memories and he is such a part of the greatest caps team ever, I don't want this to be a bad ending story.

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
Guess he's cleared to travel. Is he still smiling 10 hours from now is the real question.
Screenshot_20240306_102426_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240306_102426_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240306_102426_Chrome.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad