Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2023-24 Seasons | Hershey 12x (and Defending) Champions Edition

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
tough loss for Bears last night. Clearly missed Frank. That first line of Vecchione-Roe-Rybinski is first line in name only because their second and third lines have great chemistry. 4th line has had a lot of migration of folks with Sutter being the cornerstone. I would like to try Trineyev on first line and put Rybinski at 4RW.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
FWIW, a poster in the Bears FB group claims that Phillips is going to clear waivers. I’m guessing he’s already been spotted with the team?

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
FWIW, a poster in the Bears FB group claims that Phillips is going to clear waivers. I’m guessing he’s already been spotted with the team?
Bears FB group for the win again...

They should probably just stick to arguing over promotional items and why only full season ticket holders are "real" fans.

Last edited:

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
The hockey jockey passed thru like the tiny kidney stone that he is.

Good work, Philips! Light it up down there, as you’ll be the biggest little big man going!

I think he’s going to score a lot down there. A real lot.

My hot take: point per game for HJMP down in ChocoTown
Well, this aged very well.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Bears FB group for the win again...

They should probably just stick to arguing over promotional items and why only full season ticket holders are "real" fans.

That group is borderline unreadable anymore. Lmao the guy who posted that is going to have A LOT of explaining to do. He was even having people send him private messages to explain himself

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
That group is borderline unreadable anymore. Lmao the guy who posted that is going to have A LOT of explaining to do. He was even having people send him private messages to explain himself
Proudly kicked out of both of the FB groups I was part of for reasons unknown.

Guess it depends on the definition of "cleared." Phillips is no longer on waivers, so that much is true...

😉

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
The Facebook group bitch fest d'jour is that the fan experience and in-game presentation is woefully inadequate. Does anyone actually go to these games for the games or the team? (Though Giant Center really does need a new sound system- the current one blows.)

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
The Facebook group bitch fest d'jour is that the fan experience and in-game presentation is woefully inadequate. Does anyone actually go to these games for the games or the team? (Though Giant Center really does need a new sound system- the current one blows.)
I dunno, for an ahl and experience it's pretty solid. I've been to some other AHL barns that looked like a NAHL rink.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I’ll have to find that post lol. That’s a new one. What else do they expect? Most of the people don’t even pay attention to what’s going on in between periods, they have their nose in their phone. The sound system is really bad. It’s really loud and distorted and it gets worse every year (or am I just getting older lol)

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I’ll have to find that post lol. That’s a new one. What else do they expect? Most of the people don’t even pay attention to what’s going on in between periods, they have their nose in their phone. The sound system is really bad. It’s really loud and distorted and it gets worse every year (or am I just getting older lol)
This started it a couple days ago:
Screenshot_20240223-125334_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240223-125352_Facebook.jpg

Then there was this post today featuring a comment by the OP of the post a couple days ago.
Screenshot_20240223-125256_Facebook.jpg

20240223_125437.jpg

I dunno, for an ahl and experience it's pretty solid. I've been to some other AHL barns that looked like a NAHL rink.
I really don't think a lot of Hershey fans realize how lucky they are to be able to go to a modern arena that's packed every night and never have to worry about relocation.

Is it an absolutely perfect experience? Of course not, but I've never attended a game and thought "I need more beyond the on-ice product." So many outsiders I've seen seem to agree that the GC is one of the best minor league rinks and atmospheres out there.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
This started it a couple days ago:
View attachment 824269
View attachment 824267

Then there was this post today featuring a comment by the OP of the post a couple days ago.
View attachment 824268
View attachment 824266

I really don't think a lot of Hershey fans realize how lucky they are to be able to go to a modern arena that's packed every night and never have to worry about relocation.

Is it an absolutely perfect experience? Of course not, but I've never attended a game and thought "I need more beyond the on-ice product." So many outsiders I've seen seem to agree that the GC is one of the best minor league rinks and atmospheres out there.
I really could care less about what other teams are doing. I thought the Coachella Valley in arena experience was over the top and annoying to be completely honest. I thought their fans seemed entitled and rude based on the interactions in person and online.

Hershey is a town that is literally built on tradition. It’s a traditional HOCKEY experience. If you want a crazy fan oriented experience drive the extra hour or whatever up to Lehigh and sit in their arena. The only gripes the Hershey fans have is that the sound system needs to be updated and that the food options aren’t the greatest. But what arena serves “great food” anyway. Eat somewhere before you go to the game and have a good meal instead of shitty chicken fingers.

The Bears win the cup for the first time in a decade and now the casual fans want everything changed. Not surprised.

My only other gripe was the lack of knowing where the Calder Cup would be during the offseason. I know someone who works behind the scenes with the team and that cup was in Hersheys office for a long time. They should have let more fans interact with it IMO.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I really could care less about what other teams are doing. I thought the Coachella Valley in arena experience was over the top and annoying to be completely honest. I thought their fans seemed entitled and rude based on the interactions in person and online.

Hershey is a town that is literally built on tradition. It’s a traditional HOCKEY experience. If you want a crazy fan oriented experience drive the extra hour or whatever up to Lehigh and sit in their arena. The only gripes the Hershey fans have is that the sound system needs to be updated and that the food options aren’t the greatest. But what arena serves “great food” anyway. Eat somewhere before you go to the game and have a good meal instead of shitty chicken fingers.

The Bears win the cup for the first time in a decade and now the casual fans want everything changed. Not surprised.

My only other gripe was the lack of knowing where the Calder Cup would be during the offseason. I know someone who works behind the scenes with the team and that cup was in Hersheys office for a long time. They should have let more fans interact with it IMO.
Even so, “do without” shouldn’t be the answer either….it’s good business to reinvest into a successful product isn’t it? Offer better food, it will create more revenue…have a sound system that people can understand, you get more in arena ads/promotions revenue maybe…I’ve been to many minor league games, and Hershey‘s concessions felt lesser than some college arenas I’ve been to, but my last game was over a season ago also….so guessing no changes based on some comments…

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Even so, “do without” shouldn’t be the answer either….it’s good business to reinvest into a successful product isn’t it? Offer better food, it will create more revenue…have a sound system that people can understand, you get more in arena ads/promotions revenue maybe…I’ve been to many minor league games, and Hershey‘s concessions felt lesser than some college arenas I’ve been to, but my last game was over a season ago also….so guessing no changes based on some comments…
Really? I'm curious if you've been to any other AHL arenas? Hershey is by far above average and exceeds any other AHL barn I've ever been to. From the actual arena itself to the production quality of the pre-game, the in game hype man and announcer are top notch. The between period events and the selection of food are perfectly fine. Not to mention the ease of access to individual concessions in the concourse so you don't have to wait in line for an hour to grab a beer, pretzel, popcorn or soda if you're in a hurry. There's even self checkout beer lines! They have a full on team store albeit a little small and the wait can take awhile. There's tons of historical items spread throughout the arena to visit and check out. I'd say Hershey is right up there battling for the top AHL arena experience from my experience following the Bears around. A lot of other AHL teams don't have the money that Hershey does and it shows when you get to visit their operations.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Really? I'm curious if you've been to any other AHL arenas? Hershey is by far above average and exceeds any other AHL barn I've ever been to. From the actual arena itself to the production quality of the pre-game, the in game hype man and announcer are top notch. The between period events and the selection of food are perfectly fine. Not to mention the ease of access to individual concessions in the concourse so you don't have to wait in line for an hour to grab a beer, pretzel, popcorn or soda if you're in a hurry. There's even self checkout beer lines! They have a full on team store albeit a little small and the wait can take awhile. There's tons of historical items spread throughout the arena to visit and check out. I'd say Hershey is right up there battling for the top AHL arena experience from my experience following the Bears around. A lot of other AHL teams don't have the money that Hershey does and it shows when you get to visit their operations.
Well then I’d hate to see a poor AHL operation..

Reactions: usiel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad