Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2023-24 Seasons | Hershey 12x (and Defending) Champions Edition

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
There's always the chance that the stint in the program provided with some baseline support/treatment to go forward with a major change in his life. That's what that stuff is supposed to do - success rate is hard because the issues being dealt with are really hard to shake, like harder than almost anything. But there are successes

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
GMBM left the door open for him. Maybe he finds what he's looking for in Hershey and comes back to Washington with a new attitude for the game and fixes whatever is bothering him.
I was thinking this too. If his attitude is good and he shows himself to be the man they thought he was, when they gave him the big contract, then I could easily see him finishing his contract on the Caps. It wouldn’t surprise me at all.

However, the cynic in me wonders if this is all just a good “act” that he’s putting on, to make other teams think “he’s back!” And make a deal more attainable

We will see

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
GMBM left the door open for him. Maybe he finds what he's looking for in Hershey and comes back to Washington with a new attitude for the game and fixes whatever is bothering him.
:rolleyes:

I wish Kuzy luck in Hershey, and wherever he plays next year. He's made it perfectly clear that he doesn't want to be here.

Let's just move on from the shitty relationship.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
I'm also curious as to whether it is an act, but if it gets him out of here this summer, then act away Kuzy. Let's see how he looks & acts after the bus ride & a weekend staying in AHL level hotels.

Kuzy tonight (probably): "Hi Delta? Yeah, I need to charter a 757, Sunday, let's say 11 am, leaving from Charlotte... you can send the bill to Brian McLellan, he'll be paying... it is a sports team, yes..."

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
having been around a few people that experienced rehab (and having done a short stint myself), I will say that there is a certain newfound happiness that comes post release.

Things just seemed….brighter, IMO. There is a palpable sense of freedom, and weights being lifted off of shoulders.

So this may all be very real. I hope for his sakes, that it is.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
having been around a few people that experienced rehab (and having done a short stint myself), I will say that there is a certain newfound happiness that comes post release.

Things just seemed….brighter, IMO. There is a palpable sense of freedom, and weights being lifted off of shoulders.

So this may all be very real. I hope for his sakes, that it is.
While true the issue is usually when the first adversity happens. Unfortunately I’ve had a family member deal with this and it’s good for a bit, and then the real struggle happens. Support structures around him will be important.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Lujo and Frank ready to return?
Screenshot_20240306-153940_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240306-153958_Instagram.jpg

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I was thinking this too. If his attitude is good and he shows himself to be the man they thought he was, when they gave him the big contract, then I could easily see him finishing his contract on the Caps. It wouldn’t surprise me at all.

However, the cynic in me wonders if this is all just a good “act” that he’s putting on, to make other teams think “he’s back!” And make a deal more attainable

We will see
I can’t see him ever in a Caps sweater in the NHL ever again….unless this was just a “shock him” move from GMBM. I think they’re done with him myself.

Would make a killer story if he turned it around and found his way back here though….and I would root for him if he did (I just don’t believe that’s about to happen)…

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I suspect Kuzy is truly happier and weight off his shoulders. That is good. He has also probably been told he has to sell himself to teams both on and off the ice. It will have to be a sustained effort on his part (with support).

I also don’t think he’ll ever wear a Caps jersey again. It’s very public so both sides will stick to that narrative. And frankly it is probably best for all to end it. Would love to see him go out holding a Calder for the bears though! :)

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hopefully Washington and Hershey are working together to facilitate an AHL move. Another true center would be ideal after Sgarbossa wasn’t waived and Kuzy was traded. There’s wingers who can slot into the center ice position if need be, but I’d rather they get another guy up the middle if they truly want to go on another long playoff run. They are one injury away from being in trouble at that position IMO.

Quick glance at a few targets on teams not currently in a playoff positon:

Phil Maillet (Laval)
Cole Cassels (San Jose)
Rocco Grimaldi (Chicago)
Ryan Schmelzer (Utica)

Last edited:

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Hopefully Washington and Hershey are working together to facilitate an AHL move. Another true center would be ideal after Sgarbossa wasn’t waived and Kuzy was traded. There’s wingers who can slot into the center ice position if need be, but I’d rather they get another guy up the middle if they truly want to go on another long playoff run. They are one injury away from being in trouble at that position IMO.

Quick glance at a few targets on teams not currently in a playoff positon:

Phil Maillet (Laval)
Cole Cassels (San Jose)
Rocco Grimaldi (Chicago)
Ryan Schmelzer (Utica)
I agree with this. Huntington, Roe, Rybinski doesn’t scream Calder material. Glad to see Sutter back as probably the best 4C in AHL.

What are the rules/deadlines around AHL moves for playoffs? Is there a deadline? We have a lot of RW’s. Maybe I am reading too much into this but Phillips was “not available - Travel” yesterday, but he was claimed early in the week and certainly could have been available. Never played for Bears. That seems like a great trade chip to bring back a top 6 center. Value for value.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I agree with this. Huntington, Roe, Rybinski doesn’t scream Calder material. Glad to see Sutter back as probably the best 4C in AHL.

What are the rules/deadlines around AHL moves for playoffs? Is there a deadline? We have a lot of RW’s. Maybe I am reading too much into this but Phillips was “not available - Travel” yesterday, but he was claimed early in the week and certainly could have been available. Never played for Bears. That seems like a great trade chip to bring back a top 6 center. Value for value.
Phillips is one of the guys who can slot into the center position. I think he stays, but I’d rather see him play wing. The AHL deadline is usually a week after the NHL deadline so it should be next Friday.

Chicago is an independent franchise now so they might be easier to do business with. Send them an ECHL player on an AHL contract and maybe some cash? Not sure if that’s allowed in the AHL or not. As for the MHL contract guys, they can still be dealt for “future considerations” and Hershey could send a AHL contracted player to their AHL team to complete the deal.

Reactions: DWGie26

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Phillips is one of the guys who can slot into the center position. I think he stays, but I’d rather see him play wing. The AHL deadline is usually a week after the NHL deadline so it should be next Friday.

Chicago is an independent franchise now so they might be easier to do business with. Send them an ECHL player on an AHL contract and maybe some cash? Not sure if that’s allowed in the AHL or not. As for the MHL contract guys, they can still be dealt for “future considerations” and Hershey could send a AHL contracted player to their AHL team to complete the deal.
Interesting on Phillips at center. There is no doubt he is an elite AHL talent so it’s not like I just want to move him. I just think we are light at center and left handed shots. I certainly wouldn’t move Frank as I’d still like to get an NHL look. At minimum he knows the system for a cup run.

What is the deal with LuJo? We could probably use another LD as well as we go deep.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Interesting on Phillips at center. There is no doubt he is an elite AHL talent so it’s not like I just want to move him. I just think we are light at center and left handed shots. I certainly wouldn’t move Frank as I’d still like to get an NHL look. At minimum he knows the system for a cup run.

What is the deal with LuJo? We could probably use another LD as well as we go deep.
Week to week with an upper body injury I believe. Looked like an arm or wrist injury. He traveled with the team though this weekend so could be back soon

Reactions: DWGie26

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Probably not the right place but this is the PA crew. About to leave NOVA and drive to Pittsburg to see Zach Bryan with my 17 year old daughter. Pumped!

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad