Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2022-2023 Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Man Shepherd bailed us out that game! Back to back star of the game. He certainly looks like number 3 right now. Goalie depth looks really good. Does make you wonder about Gibson and if he will actually sign with the Caps or go elsewhere after this season at Harvard.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
I hope he signs, especially since the caps probably let fucale go, especially if stevenson has a good showing at the echl level/ an ahl stint

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I hope he signs, especially since the caps probably let fucale go, especially if stevenson has a good showing at the echl level/ an ahl stint
Agree. I think the Fucale honeymoon is about over. Shepherd as number 3. Stevenson looks like he is ready for the AHL which means Gibson would likely be staring at ECHL which prompts me to think he might seek a better path to at least AHL. But hopefully we can sign him and keep that depth strong.

Reactions: Rayquaza64

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Shep named AHL goalie of the month for November.
FB_IMG_1669926234463.jpg

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
7-3 now

Fucale finally pulled. Shepard isn't dressed (call up?) so the backup is a PTO fresh from the ECHL just signed shortly before the game

Did I mention it's autograph night after the game?

Reactions: Rayquaza64

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I'm getting my jersey signed after the game. I've been waiting for an in person opportunity since I got it for Christmas last year. Now I'm just concerned about the moods of the players, lol. Haven't been to an autograph night in 15 years

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
Assuming Stevenson will be brought up in time for next game (is he healthy yet)?
I believe during the broadcast it was mentioned that Clay was on the way but would not have arrived in time for today's game. The reason I say "I believe" is because I had kind of tuned out by that point, given the score.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I remember a game my family went to in Oct 2005 where Maxime Ouellette (I think it was the only game he ever played for Hershey) was lit up by Hartford like a Christmas tree, put the Bears in a huge hole and wound up being pulled to the cheers of the fans. This game today kind of reminded me of that, except Hershey scored three quick goals late in that game and nearly tied it. Man, that 06 team was almost never truly out of a game.

Found the box score: not exactly like what happened today, but Max still gave up two quick goals in the first minute of the third and only stopped 14 of 19 shots. TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

Another from the same season, against WBS, no less, that I was also reminded of today. I think the Pens actually scored more goals in less time in that game than they did today. Didn't get to see this one since it was on the road but I remember being stunned by the box score.
Also check out the powerplays: 10 for Hershey, 14 for WBS. The post-lockout season was something else. TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad