Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2020-2021 Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
I was mildly surprised to see they had signed Trineyev. His numbers in Russia were pretty weak this season. But I suspect that with the lack of formal relations right now between the NHL and KHL that if they didn't sign him now he'd have signed a multi year extension over there and the team would have to wait. But I guess having him developing further I'm North America wont hurt too much.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
trineyev being the AHL is better than him rotting in the MHL or KHL and if we didnt sign him now we probably dont get to sign him at all so yeah thats probably why he signed

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I was mildly surprised to see they had signed Trineyev. His numbers in Russia were pretty weak this season. But I suspect that with the lack of formal relations right now between the NHL and KHL that if they didn't sign him now he'd have signed a multi year extension over there and the team would have to wait. But I guess having him developing further I'm North America wont hurt too much.
Not surprised at all here. His numbers weren't bad at all? He was about a point a game in the MHL and then got some learning experience as a 19 year old in the KHL with limited minutes. He's also a power forward type of player so to play his style at 19 against grown men in the second best hockey league in the world...going to be some growing pains there. Definitely not surprised by the lack of point production in the K. Hershey will be great for him if he stays for next season.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Dylan McIlrath listed as first star for the game. Fitting it's the same day that Rich Strike 80 to 1 wins the Kentucky Derby. Who could of predicted this.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Went to the game last night fully expecting it to be the end of the season. Not expecting a W tonight tbh but regardless, happy that they gave a *mostly* complete effort last night and didn't roll over, especially given how awful game 1 was and how depleted they still are

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I thought about driving up yesterday but Mothers Day and all. And a hangover from drinking from 6pm to 1am on Saturday after the win. Haha.

Man that Hershey roster is going to look a LOT different next year. Some fresh bodies coming in. Hopefully 1 or 2 moving up to Caps. But i counted 16 players as injured or scratched. Wow!

Also, I have a man brush on Beck Malenstyn. Big body who can PK, PP, hit, get nasty. Great fit on the fourth line in place of Larsson (whom i like but only short term) and Hags. Looking more and more likely that Hags will be back next year though so that may change things. But I’d prefer Malenstyn over AJF.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Assuming both Clark and Snively are out again, Hershey would be without those two, Moulson, Sutter, Pinho, and Gersich to injuries. Unsure about Napravnik and Frank but I believe Frank was injured as well. Add in the AJF call up and that’s 3/4 of the forward lines. Pretty crazy.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Anyone watching the bears got any thoughts on how Trineyev looked? Starting on the top line sounds promising, but not sure there's anything to read into there.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
1-1 after one, Bears with some good chances but Pens tied it on a crummy fluke goal that went in off Beck's skate.

Assuming both Clark and Snively are out again, Hershey would be without those two, Moulson, Sutter, Pinho, and Gersich to injuries. Unsure about Napravnik and Frank but I believe Frank was injured as well. Add in the AJF call up and that’s 3/4 of the forward lines. Pretty crazy.
Per Allen's post game presser after the Syracuse game, Frank and Napravnik were injured in the Friday and Saturday games (respectively) against the Phantoms that weekend. Napravnik must have been concussed because he said the college player who got hurt that Saturday was "on goofy street" and didn't know where he was after the game- he didn't outright name the player but it had to be Napravnik since he was the only one of the two who played that game. Not sure what Frank's injury is.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Anyone watching the bears got any thoughts on how Trineyev looked? Starting on the top line sounds promising, but not sure there's anything to read into there.
He didn’t look out of place that’s for sure. He was bumped to the third line for tonight’s game but I think he complemented Sgarbossa and Pilon pretty well. I’m looking forward to seeing him next season when he has a full training camp and not 5 or so days to prepare.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Against all odds these guys scored two goals in the last two minutes to tie the game at 3 and force overtime. These guys that have been shut out in four of their last seven games. These bastards sucked me back in and now I'm gonna be crushed when they inevitably lose in ot, lol.

Both Pens goals were uncharacteristically awful on Copley's part.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Against all odds these guys scored two goals in the last two minutes to tie the game at 3 and force overtime. These guys that have been shut out in four of their last seven games. These bastards sucked me back in and now I'm gonna be crushed when they inevitably lose in ot, lol.

Both Pens goals were uncharacteristically awful on Copley's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad