Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2020-2021 Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Fucale was awesome tonight against Phantoms. Third straight shutout which i think is a Bears record.

Was surprised to see how bad the team as a whole looked. Johanson particularly looked bad. Power Play was not good.

Malenstyn looked pretty good. So did Protas and Veccicone Leason line.

Reactions: Corby78

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Screenshot_20220314-133306_Facebook.jpg

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Now that Stevenson has signed an ATO with Hershey, anyone know when/if he'll get a start in net?

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Now that Stevenson has signed an ATO with Hershey, anyone know when/if he'll get a start in net?
Bears play by play says not impossible but likely just getting used to the staff and helping ease the transition next season... To me it sounds like the plan is for him to be in Hershey next season. Bears new signee and #1 goal scorer in the NCAA Ethen Frank scored his first pro goal tonight. Awesome to see him contributing so quick. They also signed the #3 point producer in the NCAA yesterday, Julian Napravnik. Bears loading up.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
Bears play by play says not impossible but likely just getting used to the staff and helping ease the transition next season... To me it sounds like the plan is for him to be in Hershey next season. Bears new signee and #1 goal scorer in the NCAA Ethen Frank scored his first pro goal tonight. Awesome to see him contributing so quick. They also signed the #3 point producer in the NCAA yesterday, Julian Napravnik. Bears loading up.
Any change those NCAA signings had any Caps connection e.g. they are players the caps wanted to see in action at the pro level?

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Any change those NCAA signings had any Caps connection e.g. they are players the caps wanted to see in action at the pro level?
Caps have been very active with FA signings this year. I think they're realizing how thin the pipeline is from years of trying to go all in. It's very possible that's the case and they're just be cautious of their 50 max contracts(currently at 46 with drafted prospects still to sign). Both of these guys are a little undersized and in overage years but were definitely on other teams radars. I was a little surprised to see them take AHL deals. Perhaps these guys have been given some kind of handshake agreements on getting an NHL deal once some of the expiring contracts fall off after the season. Purely speculation on my part though.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Caps have 3 guys who's rights will expire if unsigned this summer (Garin Bjorklund and Bear Hughes on June 1, and Benton Maass on Aug 15). They probably want space within their 50 contract limit for at least 1 or 2 of those guys, and flexibility to do other things (draft day trades for example) before the expiring contracts officially end.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
We have a lot of hershey contracts up this year. Have to resign Leason and Malenstyn. I’d also like to see Gessier and LuJo resigned as well. Don’t really care about Gersich getting resigned. Same with Pinho especially with Pilon having a one way contract this year. But he is definitely a deep call-up option with right stick so I suspect they will give him another one year deal. Just not a one-way deal.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
The defense and goaltending (save for a month or two stretch where Fucale was awful) have been fine overall (they still can't defend and keep a lead to save their lives), but the offensive depth (or lack thereof) has killed them a lot this year. They've been without some combo of Snively, Axel (who I assume is never coming back), Sgarbossa, Vecchione, and Moulson (probably done, I'd assume). Such is life in the AHL. Hopefully it's addressed in the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad