Hershey (AHL) and South Carolina (ECHL) 2016-17 Season

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The Bears have won 5 straight and have points in 8 straight games. They quietly sit second in the division behind a red hot WBS team. The new guys are starting to gel with the guys from last year.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Glad to see Vanecek is playing well. Wonder if the Capitals will be comfortable promoting him straight to NHL back-up next year if Grubby is picked by Vegas, or if they'll find a stopgap and give him one more year in the AHL.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Anyone know where I can buy a Hershey Bears jersey in the Harrisburg, Hershey, Lebanon area?

I'm visiting from out of town, and would like to attend a game but might not have time. Wanted to get a jersey for the kids.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Bears playing the baby Pens tonight. Arena look packed, lots of Caps jerseys too. Walker moved up to a line with Boyd and Vrana cause Carey is in Washington. Boyd and Vrana hooked up on a beautiful Kuznetsov like pass from behind the net. Vrana was the goal scorer. As usual he looks better than everyone on the ice. Also really like the Djoos Lewington pairing. Shots are 9-1 Bears with 3 mins to go in the first.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Bears with a 4-3 win over Lehigh Valley this evening for their 4th straight. Boyd, Barber, and Thomas (2) with the goals. Thomas is tied for the league lead with 11 goals and Boyd and Thomas are 10th and 11th in points.

Last week Troy Mann said that Riley Barber is out until mid January or so. He didn't give a timetable on Galiev but it didn't sound great.

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Bears with a 4-3 win over Lehigh Valley this evening for their 4th straight. Boyd, Barber, and Thomas (2) with the goals. Thomas is tied for the league lead with 11 goals and Boyd and Thomas are 10th and 11th in points.

Last week Troy Mann said that Riley Barber is out until mid January or so. He didn't give a timetable on Galiev but it didn't sound great.

That was Bowey with the goal tonight. Glad he's back and clearly healthy! That sucks for Barber. :( Was really hoping to see him pick up a lot of points this year. Good to hear Boyd found the net again though! He was struggling to hit the twine for awhile there. Watched him pot two the other night and had a feeling they'd be coming in waves now. :) He's either going to be a surprising steal or a prolific AHL scorer. Man does he have a set of hands.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
That was Bowey with the goal tonight. Glad he's back and clearly healthy! That sucks for Barber. :( Was really hoping to see him pick up a lot of points this year. Good to hear Boyd found the net again though! He was struggling to hit the twine for awhile there. Watched him pot two the other night and had a feeling they'd be coming in waves now. :) He's either going to be a surprising steal or a prolific AHL scorer. Man does he have a set of hands.

:laugh:

Bowey is what I meant my bad. Boyd's goal is below. It was just a tap in but glad he's producing.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Goal is a goal ;) How did Sanford look? I didn't get a chance to watch the game. What line was he playing on?

I only caught the Saturday game this weekend but Sanford looked good. I noticed he uses his body well and makes smart plays. He's not very flashy but is a very smart player and has a pretty good shot.

Travis Boyd continues to stay hot. He as the assist on the GWG and had a goal on Saturday night. I'm sure he still is in the top 10 in the league in points, but I haven't looked

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Sanford gets his first goal in a 4-2 win

Excellent news! I think we could all see he has the ability and size to play at the next level and be a very valuable player. He just needs to find that scoring touch and nothing like finding it in the AHL to get you jump started. :handclap:

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I only caught the Saturday game this weekend but Sanford looked good. I noticed he uses his body well and makes smart plays. He's not very flashy but is a very smart player and has a pretty good shot.

Travis Boyd continues to stay hot. He as the assist on the GWG and had a goal on Saturday night. I'm sure he still is in the top 10 in the league in points, but I haven't looked

I really think the comment by Trotz about how he's able to make plays in small spaces is true. He's able to use his body and that long stick to somehow play inside of a phone booth at times. Even when facing vet defenders. Obviously lacked a little confidence in the NHL but definitely was not totally out of place. Boyd is awesome. I think him and Vrana were both top 10 last time I updated the stats spreadsheet. I'll try and get that updated again in the next day or so! Wold love to see Boyd get a little cup of coffee in the NHL this year too like they're doing with Vrana. Especially considering that before Sanford came out of nowhere Boyd was supposed to be the guy that had a great chance at making the NHL roster.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
For those not watching the Capitals game tonight, Eric Burgdoerfer is making his NHL debut for Buffalo against Washington.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hershey with a big 5-2 win over WBS tonight. Sanford with a goal and an assist, Walker with a goal and an assist, and Stephenson with a goal. Vanecek was the starter tonight. Seems to do really well against WBS dating back to the shutout last year

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Hershey with a big 5-2 win over WBS tonight. Sanford with a goal and an assist, Walker with a goal and an assist, and Stephenson with a goal. Vanecek was the starter tonight. Seems to do really well against WBS dating back to the shutout last year

:handclap: Sorry we took Vrana but hey Sanford is a decent trade off it seems. :) I need to catch a game to see Sanford soon! Also love that Walks is having a great year again. I think he plays one day in the big leagues as a low line energy guy. He's 110% on every shift.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Someone tweeted last night (Can't remember if it was Izzy or Tarik) about the Caps wanting to having both Vrana and Sanford for the playoffs if they make it

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Someone tweeted last night (Can't remember if it was Izzy or Tarik) about the Caps wanting to having both Vrana and Sanford for the playoffs if they make it

Anyone with finer knowledge of the CBA want to delve into the salary cap details of this a bit? I know the playoffs are uncapped and that "black aces" are a thing, but how would the paper transactions looks? When would Sanford have to be recalled by to be eligible? Typically when teams exploit the uncapped playoffs, its via LTIR (namely with the Blackhawks and Kane a couple years ago) rather than recalls.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad