Hershey (AHL) and South Carolina (ECHL) 2014-15 Season

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78
Only part that worries me about the Cajkovsky signing is this:

Given Hershey's on-paper blue line depth, Cajkovsky will face stiff competition to make Hershey's season-opening roster and avoid a return to the ECHL.

By Sk8's numbers, this is the 18th defenseman in the system (Green, Niskanen, Orpik, Carlson, Alzner, Orlov, Erskine, Hillen, Schmidt, Carrick, Wey, Schilling, Oleksy, Kundratek, Landry, Moore & Haar before him). That's a lot of room to make up. I only hope a few of these kids get time in Hershey.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Only part that worries me about the Cajkovsky signing is this:

By Sk8's numbers, this is the 18th defenseman in the system (Green, Niskanen, Orpik, Carlson, Alzner, Orlov, Erskine, Hillen, Schmidt, Carrick, Wey, Schilling, Oleksy, Kundratek, Landry, Moore & Haar before him). That's a lot of room to make up. I only hope a few of these kids get time in Hershey.

Well, Orlov will be returning from an injury. We haven't heard any off-season updates about Pat Wey's health, hopefully, he's ok. Still possible, someone like Erskine isn't in the organization when the season starts. Haar is another one who will have an uphill battle. I'm waiting until closer to camp opening to see what D are ready and in camp, but this is consistent with the numbers in previous years.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Since nobody mentioned it yet, Stingrays renew affiliation with Bruins, meaning they will have dual affiliation this season.

Haven't started to think about the implications for specific Caps prospects yet, but one I'm most interested in is Cajkovsky.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Since nobody mentioned it yet, Stingrays renew affiliation with Bruins, meaning they will have dual affiliation this season.

Haven't started to think about the implications for specific Caps prospects yet, but one I'm most interested in is Cajkovsky.

Cajkovsky technically isn't a Caps prospect yet. ;)

I'm more concerned about Vanecek, but I don't really know the Bruins' goalie depth beyond Subban.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I thought Vanecek was assured to be returning to the Czech Republic?

Adam Morrison played a couple games in South Carolina last year as a Boston NHL signing and would appear to be fifth on their depth chart. Copley & Anderson have put up better numbers, though Copley only has the limited time late last year, and it looks like Morrison was loaned out to another ECHL team two years ago.

Lurch

Apr 11, 2011
Central PA / Central Florida
Looks like the Bears have their Recker replacement. Justin Johnson from Islanders/Bridgeport is coming to Hershey. Announcement soon. Just a rumor at this point, but I am pretty confident considering my source.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Looks like the Bears have their Recker replacement. Justin Johnson from Islanders/Bridgeport is coming to Hershey. Announcement soon. Just a rumor at this point, but I am pretty confident considering my source.

If so that's a good replacement for Recker. Johnson is a smaller guy with no fear and is the one who KO'd big John Scott last season.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
At the ECHL level, the only concern to me with a dual affiliation is the goalie plan and have to think that's planned out given the Reading Flyers dual affiliation fizzled late in the process and both Boston and Wash org's having a history with SC.

Also, take into account that from what we have heard, and it makes sense, Hershey may still place some players, especially on shorter term loans, in Reading.

Plus, Caps/Bears in recent years have sent more players to the ECHL than most teams. Sounds like Boston is one that doesn't send many and that sounds right from what I recall, too.

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/08/hershey_bears_head_coach_troy_1.html

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Burgdoerfer played for Mann last year in Bakersfield so likely just giving him a chance in camp and making him a recall option if need be.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Burgdoerfer played for Mann last year in Bakersfield so likely just giving him a chance in camp and making him a recall option if need be.

This, it’s a depth signing and yes, the Mann connection being the key, including why he was in Hershey’s camp last year. Expect him in South Carolina (or just possibly Reading) as a call-up option.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Mann mentioned during his Twitter thing that we should expect them to add some toughness in the next few days (my words). No idea how much they planned to add though.

Lurch

Apr 11, 2011
Central PA / Central Florida
Hershey signs 6 foot 6 forward Tim Spencer to an AHL contract for next season. Recker replacement or are they not done yet?

I am still waiting on Justin Johnson. As far as I know it is still happening; meeting up with someone who would know this weekend so I'll try to get an update. Haven't been around much this Summer so I haven't been tracking things too closely.

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78
In Stuccio's announcement on Facebook, he included this line:

With Philippe Cornet agreeing to terms yesterday, that's back-to-back 5th rounders of the 2008 draft joining the organization.

I'm still trying to figure out if this is a good thing. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad