Hershey (AHL) and South Carolina (ECHL) 2014-15 Season

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Hershey Bears

Coaches: Troy Mann and Bryan Helmer

AHL Contracts:

F: Joel Broda, Dane Byers, Philippe Cornet, Joey Diamond, Dustin Gazley, Braden Pimm, Tim Spencer
D: Erik Burgdoerfer, Michal Cajkovsky, Wade Epp, Garrett Haar

AHL vets: Byers, Conner (NHL contract), Kennedy (NHL contract), Moore (NHL contract), Newbury (NHL contract)
tweener vet: Wellman (NHL contract)

South Carolina Stingrays

Coach: Spencer Carbery

F: Anthony Collins, Jack Downing, Branden Gracel, Patrick Gaul, Andrew Rowe, Wayne Simpson, Cody Sylvester
D: Drew MacKenzie, Lee Moffie, Marcus Perrier

Last edited by a moderator:

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
hey guys, some news on Čajkovský? will he get a contract with caps or bears?

As of right now he's behind a ton of people. He has a chance to move up a bit potentially with a strong prospect camp, but don't see him jumping enough people to get into the Bears this season barring trades.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
As of right now he's behind a ton of people. He has a chance to move up a bit potentially with a strong prospect camp, but don't see him jumping enough people to get into the Bears this season barring trades.

If the question is does he have a contract with Hershey, don't know. Nothing has been announced to date.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
hey guys, some news on Čajkovský? will he get a contract with caps or bears?

If he remains in the org, it will probably be the AHL deal. I think he'll get in some games with Hershey, but will be mostly in South Carolina.

The depth chart right now:

Washington
Green, Niskanen, Orpik, Carlson, Alzner, Orlov, Erskine, Hillen

Hershey
Schmidt, Carrick, Wey, Schilling, Oleksy, Kundratek, Landry, Moore

Cajkovsky and Haar appear to be primary re-call candidates from South Carolina to Hershey.

Chockey Hockey

Jul 4, 2014
Bears should be solid on the back end and in net. The big question is, who is going to do the scoring?

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78
I don't think they're finished yet, or at least I hope not. There's one particular top scoring forward out there we could target - still waiting to see if it happens.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
I don't think they're finished yet, or at least I hope not. There's one particular top scoring forward out there we could target - still waiting to see if it happens.

Typically, I know who is signed or not, but I also use this as a reference (note, sometimes a few signed may not be updated yet, but a great AHL-level FA signing resource)

Agree, they are not done signing players for Hershey, in particular, expect AHL contracts, including possibly one for a top-line or at minimum a top-six forward. Some listed below may make the NHL roster, for example, Latta or someone else may make NHL roster, but I included for a look at the forwards and yes, I listed Wilson. Some may want to throw Volpatti's name into the discussion of what happens, but looking at this for now from the AHL perspective and what one expects. Too early, from an AHL perspective to be having that part of the debate, not knowing what other moves will be made before opening night, as well as health of players, etc.

In the context that they are not finished signing players, difficult to have this discussion:

Also, of note, they have the vet (5) and tweeners (1) signed, in terms of players expected to be in Hershey, but that does not mean they won't sign another vet or tweener.

Brown
Burakovsky (A/O?)
Byers (A)
Conner
Galiev
Gazley (A)
Herbert
Kennedy
Latta
Mitchell
Newbury
Stephenson
Wellman
Wilson (I)

(A)= AHL contract
(A/O) = eligible for AHL or OHL
(I) = health status questionable to start season

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78
Thanks for the link, sk8 - didn't know about this one. Wish there was a way they could note veterans on there.

The guy I was looking to get has apparently been snatched up. Also, they'll likely add this after the weekend, but Vandevelde re-upped with Philly.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the link, sk8 - didn't know about this one. Wish there was a way they could note veterans on there.

The guy I was looking to get has apparently been snatched up. Also, they'll likely add this after the weekend, but Vandevelde re-upped with Philly.

Curious, who were you looking at?

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004

Yeah, Bombulie has maintained a list for several years now, sometimes in conjunction with another AHL beat writer, and the list has had a few different looks as noted in the intro., but it is a good resource. With the holiday weekend, it is not up to date, for example, for HBH D Patrick McNeill signed with Arizona/Portland, along with G Mike McKenna, but it is still another reference list to use. I know there are others on there not updated yet, too, but I expect it will be updated soon.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Andy Miele from Portland (signed with Detroit). Coming off a very good season, and a non-veteran. I'd heard his name earlier when someone was discussing free agents, and I had my hopes up.

I remember when a couple people here were upset the Caps didn't nab him coming out of college. Oh how things change.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Andy Miele from Portland (signed with Detroit). Coming off a very good season, and a non-veteran. I'd heard his name earlier when someone was discussing free agents, and I had my hopes up.

I forgot all about him. I remember chirping him on Twitter his rookie season and he responded back lol.

I'm surprised he signed with Detroit. Maybe they offered the best money?

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
I forgot all about him. I remember chirping him on Twitter his rookie season and he responded back lol.

I'm surprised he signed with Detroit. Maybe they offered the best money?

He's from Michigan. Given his production at the AHL level and his non-vet status, I'm sure he had options, plus he has played NHL game(s) in each of his three seasons of pro experience.

As to 2010-11: He played well as a camp invite with the Caps in 2010 heading into his senior season at Miami, so some people were interested in where he would sign. He was an NCAA free agent offered contracts by a few teams after winning the Hobey Baker his senior season and he chose to sign with Phoenix/Portland in spring 2011.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Article on Cajkovsky by Tim Leone includes this update:

"Cajkovsky, who played for the ECHL's Reading Royals in 2013-14 under an AHL contract with Hershey, said he has re-signed with Hershey for next season."

source

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Who are the projected goalies in South Carolina this year? Vanecek just signed a ELC.

The projected goalies were Anderson and Copley, so we are in wait and see mode as to what they do. Vanecek is only 18yo so there are options.

Liberati0n*

First they trade up like that and now they sign him like two weeks after the draft....

If Prior were still around helping to scout goalies, I might give them a little more benefit of the doubt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad