Pre-Game Talk: Heritage Classic weekend all-purpose thread

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Tickets are not exactly flying off the shelf. Unlikely to be sold out I would say.

We just got another pair right by the pair we already had off stubhub for like 119 each. Considering it is 200 level I was pretty happy with that.

Side question: never used stubhub until now. It says to pick them up at a banquet room at Holiday Inn? Is that how it normally is done? :help:

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
We just got another pair right by the pair we already had off stubhub for like 119 each. Considering it is 200 level I was pretty happy with that.

Side question: never used stubhub until now. It says to pick them up at a banquet room at Holiday Inn? Is that how it normally is done? :help:

They are usually just emailed to you for direct entry

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Just checked the TM app it now says 456 tickets available (getting close to sellout now) I can vouch for the great view from the 200 level.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Wish the Fan zone outside the stadium opened earlier.

Got there at 1230 and spent most time on line for the life size table hockey. Couldn't even get in line for other things.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011

Got there at 1230 and spent most time on line for the life size table hockey. Couldn't even get in line for other things.

The park and ride buses started moving at 12 so that's why it was a gong show come 12:30-1. Fan zone is open at 10 tomorrow so if you want to avoid the lines get there at that time.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014

It was open at 11 AM I believe.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan

StubHub is just a marketplace for ticket holders to sell. For physical tickets if your a seller they provide you a ups label to ship the tickets. Since it's too late for that not sure how that works. The seller has to bring the tickets to that location i guess

In terms of selling out, for today's game there were a few rows in the upper deck corner that were completely empty.

lighthouses

Jan 12, 2014
In case someone knows the answer ...

Are Merchandise purchases at the stadium tied to our Jets account / season ticket holder discount?

I was hoping to get Jets points somehow. Can I buy today and then return to store and re-buy.

Can you even return?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
In case someone knows the answer ...

Are Merchandise purchases at the stadium tied to our Jets account / season ticket holder discount?

I was hoping to get Jets points somehow. Can I buy today and then return to store and re-buy.

Can you even return?

There is a mobile jets gear store there outside the stadium.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
image.jpg

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
What an awesome time. View from 200's is fantastic and my seats are virtually in the same location as MTSC - Jets attack zone for 2 periods right in the Laine zone.:) Only difference is upper deck rather than lower bowl.

Got a nice photo with Chevy and had a short chat with Elliot and Kypreos outside the media centre.

What a freakin parking nightmare. Our vehicle did not even move 1cm from our parking spot for 40 minutes after the game. If that is what the $25.00 parking looks like I would hate to see the $10 parking.:shakehead

A good reminder of why I don't go to Bomber games anymore. I know many posters had vouched that the parking issues were solved but they appear not to be.

Can't wait to do it all again today without the parking issues.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
What an awesome time. View from 200's is fantastic and my seats are virtually in the same location as MTSC - Jets attack zone for 2 periods right in the Laine zone.:) Only difference is upper deck rather than lower bowl.

Got a nice photo with Chevy and had a short chat with Elliot and Kypreos outside the media centre.

What a freakin parking nightmare. Our vehicle did not even move 1cm from our parking spot for 40 minutes after the game. If that is what the $25.00 parking looks like I would hate to see the $10 parking.:shakehead

A good reminder of why I don't go to Bomber games anymore. I know many posters had vouched that the parking issues were solved but they appear not to be.

Can't wait to do it all again today without the parking issues.

I had a similar experience at Paul McCartney and now never park on the university grounds. I either park at Barley brothers (if I want to embibe prior to event) or do the park and ride shuttle ($5)

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I had a similar experience at Paul McCartney and now never park on the university grounds. I either park at Barley brothers (if I want to embibe prior to event) or do the park and ride shuttle ($5)

I was a sucker and went for the $25 + $3 fee for $28.00 parking. My buddy does not drink so that wasn't an issue for us making driving an appealing way to get to the game.

It was a well planned exit of vehicles by the events staff. They "load" the parking lot via multiple entries/exits prior to the game. We parked right beside an entry/exit. After the game they blocked all entries/exits with pilons and "drained" the massive parking lot through one single exit. Those trapped in the back of the lot were stuck forever. Had they opened the entry/exit beside where we had parked we would have been out in 5 minutes.

Hopefully the problem will be solved today by taking a limo to the game. I had also taken a limo to Paul McCartney after my 1st two bad parking experiences at Bomber games.

I'll be back to IGF at the next Heritage Classic.:laugh:

The event was really too good to let the atrocious parking situation at IGF put a damper on my day. It really just serves a reminder of why I wouldn't attend a Bomber game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00