Pictures with the Queen Elizabeth Portrait: Thursday October 20
Alumni Game: Saturday October 22
Jets vs Oilers: Sunday October 23

image.jpg

Last edited:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
if anyone knows where other (un)official events are happening, please post.

i'm also pretty certain that there will be a good number of Jets alumni in Winnipeg that will not be participating in the game. I know of at least 1 that will be there, so i assume that more will be coming

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Tonight's win will make this weekend start off on a much bigger upbeat. Can hardly wait for the HC.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Sum 41 performing will be awesome! Reminds me of the early 2000s haha

But the Game will be awesome. McDavid vs Laine. :popcorn:

eepruls

Jan 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Will the bike valet be available for the weekend? I've not been to a Bombers game at IGF yet but I've heard of the bike valet option at the north-east corner. Sounds great for me cause I bike everywhere anyways. It's not mentioned in the fan guide though (only parking and buses).

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
A passing thought about the queen...

Couldn't help thinking to myself this morning...
Wouldn't it have been awesome if the painting of the queen could have been displayed prominently at the Heritage Classic this weekend. It's in Winnipeg and I think it would have been the icing on the cake.
She could have been placed under the scoreboard in the south end of the stadium and she would have looked awesome there.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Do they run a few hours before game and keep coming back?

Yes not sure when things get started.

There's also a free transit shuttle that loops along Pembina and the stadium. I now usually park at Barley Brothers ride the shuttle in and walk back

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I've yet to be at IGF, is there any particular entrance that players enter/exit that a fan can get near? I'm on a mission to meet Selanne and get him to sign my 90s era jersey (need him next to the Housley and Essensa signatures I got back in 1993). If not that, any word on player's signing signatures at booths at the fanfest? So far I've only heard Dave Babych will be signing at Royal Sports Saturday morning.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
if anyone knows where other (un)official events are happening, please post.

i'm also pretty certain that there will be a good number of Jets alumni in Winnipeg that will not be participating in the game. I know of at least 1 that will be there, so i assume that more will be coming
23 players are playing, 39 more alumni attending and 4 wives of deceased players.
So in total 66 plus three coaches including ex-player Serge Savard. Also Willy
Lindstrom and Dave Hunter are representing Edmonton instead of Winnipeg.

69 players as of now.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

from your first link:

"Stop by the unapologetic Reese Food Truck for a pre-game indulgence of a mouthwatering treat and take a shot with the sharp shooter game."

I was hoping for the apologetic Reese Food Truck. Far more humble truck IMO

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

damaaster

Dec 29, 2009
WINNIPEG
• Fans of legal drinking age looking for the ultimate hockey challenge can face off in the first-of-its-kind Molson Canadian Human Bubble Hockey three-on-three experience and enjoy an ice cold Molson Canadian, the official beer of the NHL.

Don't care so much about the bubble hockey - but I am assuming this means there will be a beer garden area or somewhere to have some drinks prior to entering the stadium?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad