Pre-Game Talk: Heritage Classic weekend all-purpose thread

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm not sure where it was discussed (probably this thread?) but did anyone like the 'retro' jerseys worn in the heritage game? I like it better than the 'Jets 2.0' jerseys (what should I call them?). I always thought those jerseys were better.

I think I read here or another section of the Jets forum, that the ownership didn't want to have much to do with the 'old Jets / Jets 1.0.' They made it a specific purpose to not talk about them too much (i.e. the past) and wanted the new franchise to be unique or 'their own.' They didn't even want to call the franchise, 'Jets' but the fans wanted it to such an extent they had to. You know what I mean?

At least, the Oilers and Flames (sometimes) wear their 'classic' jerseys. Now, someone has to convince the 'Nucks to go back to the 'skate' ones. :)

I loved the retro Heritage Classic jerseys!

Just add our current logo, make a blue home version and make them our permanent uniforms.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

Woo-hoo! I made the gigapan. I was worried I might have been off on one of my pee breaks when they took this. But no, I am now a part of history, never to be erased. When the cockroaches evolve into the next sentient life form on this planet, and learn how to access the mythical Internet left behind by the large, plodding dinosaurs that came before them, they will know that I walked the Earth, and stepped on their ancestors. :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad