Confirmed with Link: Henrik Lundqvist is a Hall of Famer!

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
That is a darn good list. Could make a case for around 10 of them. I doubt Reggie Leach gets in but as a Flyer that guy was some goal scorer.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
IMO hes a lock not only because hes far and away the best first ballot candidate but also the most marketable for the event/class.

He'll be the headlining first ballot recipient.

Mogilny should get in as well

I agree with Daneyko that Elias should get the nod as well. He was a tremendous player. When he and Brendan Morrison were holding out for contracts one season, they both practiced with my college team in NJ for about 2 weeks. I skated on a line with him in about 8 scrimmages. It was an incredible experience.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If Hank doesn't get in first ballot something is very wrong. If Luongo did, he should too.

If K.Tkachuk isn't in, I don't really see the case for Elias. He was very good and the one Devil in that era who I never really had a problem with, but a HOF'er he is not (at least in my opinion.)

Reactions: TheDirtyH

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
You have to look at the guys that have already been inducted unless you are changing the requirements.

I could make a case for Henrik, Barrasso, and Cujo over Gerry Cheevers.

I could make a case for Elias, Mogilny, Roenick, Theo, Tkachuk, and maybe Zetterberg over guys like Clarke Gilles and Guy Carbonneau.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I dont know. I feel like only Hank should get in from that list of males. And Mickhailov but he is russian, so politics. Also Trotz for coaches.

My golden rule is, if u have to think or make a case for a player being in the hall of fame. he probably shouldn’t be in the hall of fame.

But i have very high standards. Only the best of the best should get in. And those should all be no doubters.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I dont know. I feel like only Hank should get in from that list of males. And Mickhailov but he is russian, so politics. Also Trotz for coaches.

My golden rule is, if u have to think or make a case for a player being in the hall of fame. he probably shouldn’t be in the hall of fame.

But i have very high standards. Only the best of the best should get in. And those should all be no doubters.
Unfortunately we crossed that line already, there’s about 2x the number of players in the HOF than there would be if you or I was in charge I have to imagine.

Reactions: Ruggs225

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I would also like to see the best pugilists make the hall of fame. Like the super fighters who were the best of the best. Like Probert or Grimson etc.

They were the absolute best at what they did and should be recognized. It shouldnt be all about points.

Reactions: will1066

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Also i would change the rules for hall of fame eligibility.

An unlimited number of players can get in on any year. However, u get one chance to make it.

Either you are in, or u are out. The end.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Mogilny should absolutely be in. 76 goal season, point per game player through much of the dead puck era, Triple Gold Club member, and basically paved the way for Russian players to legally play in the NHL at enormous personal risk to his own safety and that of his family. Not to mention had he avoided injury, he would've put up many, many more points.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
IMO hes a lock not only because hes far and away the best first ballot candidate but also the most marketable for the event/class.

He'll be the headlining first ballot recipient.

Mogilny should get in as well

I agree with Daneyko that Elias should get the nod as well. He was a tremendous player. When he and Brendan Morrison were holding out for contracts one season, they both practiced with my college team in NJ for about 2 weeks. I skated on a line with him in about 8 scrimmages. It was an incredible experience.
that's wild and fantastic.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

alkurtz

Nov 26, 2006
Charlotte, NC
When you think about it, my entire time as a Ranger fan, over 60 years, has been defined by eras of great goaltending: Gumper, Eddie, JD (before he hurt his back), Beezer, Mike, Henrik, and now Shesty. Of them all, Henrik is the best. Seems like just yesterday that he was a rookie and I was watching him win gold for Sweden. Still find it hard to believe that he's retired.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
When you think about it, my entire time as a Ranger fan, over 60 years, has been defined by eras of great goaltending: Gumper, Eddie, JD (before he hurt his back), Beezer, Mike, Henrik, and now Shesty. Of them all, Henrik is the best. Seems like just yesterday that he was a rookie and I was watching him win gold for Sweden. Still find it hard to believe that he's retired.

It's always been the team's identity. Great goaltending is a feature, not a bug, for the organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad