Status
Not open for further replies.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Dear Kuli: I like you.

Dear Buff: Keep fishing!

Absolute bull**** non call in the last few seconds on Ehlers, nice to see him get the EN anyway.

I'm still not used to the fact that we have a number 5 Jersey that can skate, pass, shoot, and has some semblance of positional awareness. It's like stepping into the Twilight Zone.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well that wasn't a particularly great victory but they all count.

I didn't like how we sat back in the third and let them get back into it.

I also thought our players tried to be too fancy, get more pucks on net.

Helle excellent game. Back to back terrific games. If he's arrived thatvi huge for this team.

JoMo was the best skater on the ice. Sublime defending and really asserted himself offensively.

Trouba had a bit of an off game but was still solid.

JoMo and Trouba have all the elements of an elite top pair. Great skating, very smart and highly skilled.

ESW they had a quiteish night. Scheifele was strong but Ehlers was a bit off. Wheeler had an awful game. I think maybe they are being overplayed.

PPL they had a nice game. Won puck battled and generated some chances. Laine is so much stronger on the puck and it helps him hold the play up and make some dandy passes.

TLM I really don't u understand what this line brings. They work hard and are ok defensivelt but they generate zero offense. They are a liability out there and they are overplayed.

DPC I thought they where having a decent night but got ibderplayed in favor of the third line.

We desperately need some offense from the third. Either someone step up or Connor needs to be back up.

Kulikov and Myers had a solid night as did Poolman and Tony.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
I just checked, Laine got less ice time than the entire 3rd line lmao.

Now that's probably due to pking time, but still goes to show how little he played tonight.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
That game felt like a team without much skill in their game, choking and grinding up all of the speed and skill in the game. Glad they got the win, but that was a putrid game to watch as a fan.

Yep, that was ugly. And what was up with Jets players falling everywhere?

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Muarice with some of the worst icetime management I have ever seen. Wheeler playing gassed while the most talented forward only gets 13 minutes of ice time. Jets won despite some horrible coaching.
OR perhaps some players were playing like shit.
I dunno, game I was watching, some players were not fully engaged.
I will take the win, but the team played 65%.

I give props to Mo for going with those that were working their arse off.

Poolman stood out for me playing another quiet game for the most part (eye test)

Reactions: Johnny HFBOARDS

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
This was far from a masterpiece, but getting bailed out by Helle is so rare for Jets goalies you have to like that.

In a dead arena they did grind out a decent road win. Vancouver does work hard.

Maurice back on the hot seat for his idiotic bench management.

Wins over Edmonton and Vancouver are always really good, no matter how ugly...

Reactions: roccerfeller

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Helly looks way more focused in net

Laine looks slower this season, sorry guys just my opinion

Poolman for the Calder!

Buff stay away, we don't need your selfish ways, I don't want to see your defensive lapses no more.....

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Helle was beautiful tonight. Major props

Really liked Morrissey and Trouba
Kulikov is winning me over. 5 looks so much better on him than the previous owner ;)
Myers with his best game yet
Poolman <3

Laine with a goal! He is such a smart player. Love watching the little things he does. Enjoyed Little as well.

Canucks look better than last year, their structure seems to have improved. Makes our win tonight more satisfying. Hopefully Aavco enjoyed the game!

That said, Wheeler with too many penalties and poor play, he was not too good tonight. Tanev with a few comedy of errors. Maurice with many questionable decisions - I really hope that those kinds of choices don't bite us in games which could end up being the difference between a playoff spot or not

Let's keep winning k?

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Hellebuyck awesome again. Morrissey and Trouba really good again. Scheifs as well. Kulikov had another strong game. Little line was ok.

The bad:

Lowry/Tanev/Matthias, especially on the PK. It makes perfect sense that teams are getting 5-7 shots per powerplay against us as Lowry's line spends their entire shift in our zone with no pressure and no puck skills. It's a shooting gallery every time.

Myers - nice shorty and a couple decent plays but overall very bad. He gave up four 2 on 1s himself. Very lucky that Hellebuyck saved his ass.

Wheeler - looked like his first two games. Not moving his feet, hands were off. Two bad penalties.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Hang in there copp hendricks and armia or tanev will be joining you soon.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I’m still irked at that lazy interence penalty Dano took (which resulted in a Canuck PP goal). Garbage like that is going to keep him in the dog house.

Reactions: 204hockey

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'm not saying right or wrong, but maybe the usage was due to the clogging style the Canucks play and being on the road (matchups). I would have liked to see Laine play more but we got the W so I am happy

Reactions: 204hockey

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
zVO7No4.png

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Well that wasn't a particularly great victory but they all count.

I didn't like how we sat back in the third and let them get back into it.

I also thought our players tried to be too fancy, get more pucks on net.

Helle excellent game. Back to back terrific games. If he's arrived thatvi huge for this team.

JoMo was the best skater on the ice. Sublime defending and really asserted himself offensively.

Trouba had a bit of an off game but was still solid.

JoMo and Trouba have all the elements of an elite top pair. Great skating, very smart and highly skilled.

ESW they had a quiteish night. Scheifele was strong but Ehlers was a bit off. Wheeler had an awful game. I think maybe they are being overplayed.

PPL they had a nice game. Won puck battled and generated some chances. Laine is so much stronger on the puck and it helps him hold the play up and make some dandy passes.

TLM I really don't u understand what this line brings. They work hard and are ok defensivelt but they generate zero offense. They are a liability out there and they are overplayed.

DPC I thought they where having a decent night but got ibderplayed in favor of the third line.

We desperately need some offense from the third. Either someone step up or Connor needs to be back up.

Kulikov and Myers had a solid night as did Poolman and Tony.

I would agree with that for the most part.
I thought some players lines were just not clicking this evening, and that may have contributed along with game flow of why lines seem mismanaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia