Post-Game Talk: Hellebuyck has arrived: Jets win 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Helle was awesome overall. Liking his game this year.
Wheeler is a tire fire, even before Mo overplayed the 1st line. Just off.
Poolman still looking good.
Mo needs to change his strategy. Gassed line 1 completely.
Time for some shifting, line change, something. Maybe see ESL next time?
Also we need Helle's offseason goalie coach.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Another game where penalties could've made this a completely different game. Helle stole this one.

Reactions: McCree

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
We got great defense and even better goaltending this time around. That sure made up for deliberately icing a one-line offense.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
First two periods were a great example of how to play a game on the road. The 3rd... not so much.

Hellebuyck played incredible. He saved everything he could and gave no easy rebounds. Wheeler's play was overly criticized. He was okay. Had some great passes but some defensive brain farts. Kulikov's recent play is giving me hope that he's actually a pretty good player.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Yeeesh I feel alive boys. Can someone text Maurice and tell him that our first line doesn't necessarily have our best faceoff man?

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Ah...Da Winz.

Life is good.

Rollercoaster going up.

...and the forums were quiet.

*Grumble Grumble* Something to complain about...think...THINK DAMMIT...um...."Paul Maurice SUCKS MORE THAN PAVY!" Yeah ....that's it

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Laine is being held back to make him more hungry. Solid game by our forcheckers, nice passing plays. They seem faster this year. Helly looks #1 goalie

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Wheelers with a bad start to his season, good get it out of the way, Helle seeked out help during the off season good on him and the results so far, another start on Saturday

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
Laine DIDNT get icetime to score the EASY EMPTY NET GOAL. HE COACH GAVE IT TO EHLERS!!! this is getting ridiculous. first line playing bad whole game. sheifele loosing pucks all the time, same as Wheeler, Ehlers at least skating hard but playing bad. change coming to line? no.
**** give laine proper playmates dude!!! and the all icetime at empty net and play him nonstop at PP. THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS!!!

FIRST LINE NOT SCORING...SO CHANGE SHOULD COME NOW! NO CHANCHES FOR THEM EITHER. BUT COACH GAVE ONE LEG PART OF LINE THE EMPTY NET GOAL. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? LAINE WAS AT THE ICE AT START OF EMPTY NET PERIOD THEN SUDDENLY AFTER 2 AND HALF SEC OF PLAY HE CHANGES LINE TO ICE!!!

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
- ESW weren't very good but also not too bad. Just meh

- Laine and Little looking better together

- The bottom 6 just doesn't threaten to score at all. I fear this isn't a good line combination going forward...You need to at least "look" dangerous during a game. They did nothing.

- The defence was very good and Hellebuyck was great

Canucks are the definition of mediocre. They will finish with 72 points and lots of tears

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Dear Kuli: I like you.

Dear Buff: Keep fishing!

Absolute bullshit non call in the last few seconds on Ehlers, nice to see him get the EN anyway.

Reactions: ocdaddy and Kgame

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Very solid game by Helle, and by the team overall
Not sure why Laine didn't get more ice time (less than Tanev!), but that doesn't mean he can't score
I thought Trouba had a very strong game as well
I thought trouba was terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad