Helene Elliott "ripped" by Vancouver AM1040 Radio

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
NotHelen has very few fans and her stuffy tagline/username is emblematic of her 'personality,' but it's still goofy to trash her on the air. Media-on-media crime is...yeah. Especially with the recent Van-La shenanigans anyway. It's like everyone connected to the organization has verbal diarrhea and they're all chest-thumping like crazy over that game. I guess why not take the rivalry to another level or outlet :P

Next up: LA Food Truck vendors slam Vancouver concessions.

Captain Mittens*

LOL, I went to 1040 to look for a podcast. Look at this loser

bro-jake-show-img.jpg

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
NotHelen has very few fans and her stuffy tagline/username is emblematic of her 'personality,' but it's still goofy to trash her on the air. Media-on-media crime is...yeah. Especially with the recent Van-La shenanigans anyway. It's like everyone connected to the organization has verbal diarrhea and they're all chest-thumping like crazy over that game. I guess why not take the rivalry to another level or outlet :P

Anaheim fans retort: "Those food truck drivers are gangbangers! They had tattoos and spoke Spanish!"

LOL, I went to 1040 to look for a podcast. Look at this loser

bro-jake-show-img.jpg

His bio...

Bro Jake Edwards, also known as the Bro, has been a Canadian radio icon over a span of four decades. He began proving his radio chops in the Maritimes back in the 70’s and has called Vancouver home since the mid-90’s where he remains a staple in morning radio entertainment. Bro Jake is renowned for his bombastic and humorous takes on entertainment, every-day life, current-events and of course sports. He is celebrated for the fictional character “The Champ,†a retired boxer going through life misunderstanding comments directed his way or towards his wife as being personal affronts, forcing the Champ to lose it and unleash thunderous boxing combos on unsuspecting commentators.

Emphasis added.

MollerManor

Feb 18, 2009

Exactly. As a radio host for a small time station, the idea is that a successful interview with a public figure will turn into positive social media exposure with their fan bases. Not doing the exact opposite which now gets them, well, negative exposure...

Captain Mittens*

His bio...

Bro Jake Edwards, also known as the Bro, has been a Canadian radio icon over a span of four decades. He began proving his radio chops in the Maritimes back in the 70’s and has called Vancouver home since the mid-90’s where he remains a staple in morning radio entertainment. Bro Jake is renowned for his bombastic and humorous takes on entertainment, every-day life, current-events and of course sports. He is celebrated for the fictional character “The Champ,” a retired boxer going through life misunderstanding comments directed his way or towards his wife as being personal affronts, forcing the Champ to lose it and unleash thunderous boxing combos on unsuspecting commentators

Emphasis added.

LOL, "The bro" Is it obvious to anyone else that he is trying to steal "the Dude's" mojo?

TheDude_WhiteRussian.jpg

I am sure he also gave himself that nickname.

Keep living up the stereotypes Vancouver..... This just gets easier and easier

gardenparty

Oct 21, 2011
I am hardly a Brother Jake Edwards apologist (the guy's got a golden set of pipes that most radio jocks would kill for but knows NOTHING about sports), but Helene came across like a **beotch** on wheels (sorry, just being honest - maybe she was having a bad day).

While the lengthy joking banter after she hung up was not professional, she was so overtly rude it certainly begged a comment.

Captain Mittens*

I am hardly a Brother Jake Edwards apologist (the guy's got a golden set of pipes that most radio jocks would kill for but knows NOTHING about sports), but Helene came across like a **beotch** on wheels (sorry, just being honest - maybe she was having a bad day).

While the lengthy joking banter after she hung up was not professional, she was so overtly rude it certainly begged a comment.

Wait, "brother" or "bro"? Because if he is calling himself a "brother" then we need to have an entirely different discussion

p.s. How many arson fires do you credit yourself with having started?

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Oh, so she was genuine then :sarcasm:

Just sounds like an unstoppable force of suck met an immoveable object of crap.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Before you guys bring up all the vancouver rampage. Everybody and I mean everybody in vancouver hates bro jake and pratt.

We also hate blake price and jake patterson.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Before you guys bring up all the vancouver rampage. Everybody and I mean everybody in vancouver hates bro jake and pratt.

Oh, I think we're just having fun with it. As you can see most here don't particularly care for NotHelen either. In the battle of wannabe shock jock vs. ice queen "don't you know who i am", there are no winners, only casualties.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Before you think less of us, understand that many of us have little use for NotHelen.

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
Sounds like Sean Avery vs. Brian Hayward re-deux...

EDIT: Just saw this, LOL:

Originally Posted by Julius Caesar Milan
someone needs to buy her a hooded robe so she can for feel her destiny as the Emperor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad