Hearthstone #7 - Knights of the Frozen Throne

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Well, they killed Creeper. The rest might still see play.

Of course, Cubelock is now the undisputed dominant deck, so good luck everybody.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I like all of those changes. Bonemare is stupid OP for 7 mana (it's still OP for 8 mana, but less so). Corridor Creeper down to 2 is an overcorrect, but nice because it'll be a welcome nail in zoo paladin. Patches is so crucial for pirate warrior, which is by far my most hated deck, so it makes me profoundly happy. Raza is a good move as well, provide some much needed breathing room.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
You're still facing Pirate Warrior?

I'd say it's a bigger hit to Tempo Rogue. A Patches with no Charge makes it so that drawing him is SO much worse, and even if it's pulled from the deck, it's not making an immediate impact.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Warlock DK is broken as eff, most broken card in the game imo. They will need to nerf it at some point.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
I get the feeling that a large part of this patch was mainly for Wild.

Patches is almost a non-factor in Standard these days and the Raza nerf comes hella late.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Patches was meta-defining from day one and this is long overdue.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Yeah, as much as I enjoyed playing (but not against) Raza Priest these are probably all for the better. That is a huge stat decline for CC. Crazy. What cards should be nerfed from Warlock as someone who generally knows the Cubelock deck but not fully? I saw someone say the DK and someone say the "recruit a demon" deathrattle.

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
I hate the nerf to creepers and bonemare. Bonemare is just for Arena. Creepers is what made my mid-range hunter deck work. Razza was a good change and Patches change was about 1.5 years over due. They could have just waited for him to go to wild but this way we get a dust refund which is sweet.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I hate the nerf to creepers and bonemare. Bonemare is just for Arena. Creepers is what made my mid-range hunter deck work. Razza was a good change and Patches change was about 1.5 years over due. They could have just waited for him to go to wild but this way we get a dust refund which is sweet.

Bonemare isn't just for Arena. It still sees play in Tempo Rogue and Burn/Aggro priest. Increasing its cost to 8, but I'm not sure if it'll kill it completely.

I'll never understand why they decided to print Creeper in the first place. Everyone complained about Thing From Below, so they decided to make an better version of it?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Bonemare isn't just for Arena. It still sees play in Tempo Rogue and Burn/Aggro priest. Increasing its cost to 8, but I'm not sure if it'll kill it completely.

I'll never understand why they decided to print Creeper in the first place. Everyone complained about Thing From Below, so they decided to make an better version of it?
I played an arena run at the beginning of this expansion and drafting a Creeper, and I remember thinking, "this is an amazing arena card" after a few games, and ended up going 12 wins. That was before it really took off in the constructed meta (at least from my understanding). It is indeed way too powerful of a card in it's current state.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
Yeah, as much as I enjoyed playing (but not against) Raza Priest these are probably all for the better. That is a huge stat decline for CC. Crazy. What cards should be nerfed from Warlock as someone who generally knows the Cubelock deck but not fully? I saw someone say the DK and someone say the "recruit a demon" deathrattle.
May sound stupid, but Dark Pact is probably the biggest problem card in the deck, as it both provides a way to cheat out massive value early and also provides healing.

All of Cube, Void Lord, Lackey and Doomguard are either really slow or have a massive downside attached to them.

Dark Pact really speeds those cards up.

As a Warlock main I think making Pact cost 2-3 mana with increased healing would slow Cubelock down a fair bit, probably enough for people to have an easier time with them.

They still have Skull, but it's a singleton and you can tech against it.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So go ahead and complete any daily quests you get every day. With their new contest, each daily you complete puts one entry into a chance of winning 3000 packs.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The Bonemare nerf makes Anduin stronger, and you can no longer coin out Bonemare on 6 or get a guaranteed attack if you play on 7 and they already used coin. Even with the Raza nerf and rotation to wild, Anduin is still going to be a very strong card.

I wish the Patches change was "Battlecry: Gain Charge." That was it's just a 1/1 when pulled form your deck, but is still vaguely useful if drawn.

Creeper is getting nerfed into oblivion. Damn. Maaaaaaybe still playable in some future Hunter deck (free/cheap beast synergy).

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
So go ahead and complete any daily quests you get every day. With their new contest, each daily you complete puts one entry into a chance of winning 3000 packs.
But then you would apparently pay $1500+ in taxes? Though that part isn't entirely clear to most people right now.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
Still doing Dungeon Runs, still stumbling over ridiculous decks

A44DBmf.jpg

0qIkNbL.jpg

Reactions: PK Cronin

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
I'm still stuck on warrior...nearly 200 bosses in.
Warrior is a tricky one, but two strats that worked really well for me are Dragon Warrior + Summoning Scepter and Enrage Warrior + Stealth. The first one outvalues most decks and the second one rushes opponents down quickly.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
So the HoF cards for this year were revealed. Ice Block (finally), Molten Giant (being unnerfed as it moves to Wild), and Coldlight Oracle. The latter is really the only surprising one here, but I kinda like it. Obviously a huge hit to all Mill decks, but I never played those anyway.

What I am surprised on is how few cards were moved. I thought we would see at least a few more.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Lunara is an odd pick for new Druid portrait. I didn't even know dryads could shapeshift? There should be an awesome tauren druid like Hamuul Runetotem in the lore that would've been a better fit.

/nerd

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I disagree, but I've always found decks that run contrary to the basic logic of Hearthstone (i.e. put units on the board faster than your opponent can remove them) to be more fun. Ice block opens up the potential for so many decks: freeze, exodia, echo giants, maly otk, etc. It's part of why mage is by far the most versatile class.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad