Hearthstone #7 - Knights of the Frozen Throne

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Warrior is a tricky one, but two strats that worked really well for me are Dragon Warrior + Summoning Scepter and Enrage Warrior + Stealth. The first one outvalues most decks and the second one rushes opponents down quickly.

I finally did it! 248 bosses later, I did it! Then I played Warlock 1 time and won.

Dungeon runs man...

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Does anyone else think Spreading Plague is the most BS card ever? Even after the bump to 6 mana. I'm all for anti-aggro cards, but this card is straight up ridiculous.

Yes, there's a massive downside in control match-ups, but while playing arena, the text on this card basically says "Battlecry: Your opponent concedes shortly". It can easily be 20-30 health via taunt, and you can't even silence it because there's a whole bunch of them.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Dunno about arena, but Spreading Plague is the only thing keeping Druid afloat at the moment. Without that card, any aggressive/Mid-range deck will demolish Druid.

Especially with Aggro/Dude Paladin being extremely popular in the meta at the moment.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Next expansion has been teased along with 6 cards but no dates yet.

2 new keywords and the solo adventure is going to be another dungeon run but with 4 new unique classes.

I've been having a lot of success and fun lately with my DK hunter deck in wild. If you don't have this DK yet I highly recommend you to craft it, it's the one I have the most fun with. Even tho I hate playing against cancer Cubelock, I've beaten a great many of them. Here's the list :

### DK
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Alleycat
# 2x (1) Jeweled Macaw
# 1x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze
# 2x (2) Crackling Razormaw
# 2x (2) King's Elekk
# 2x (3) Animal Companion
# 2x (3) Bearshark
# 2x (3) Deadly Shot
# 2x (3) Ironbeak Owl
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 2x (4) Flanking Strike
# 2x (4) Houndmaster
# 1x (5) Knuckles
# 2x (5) Tundra Rhino
# 1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar
# 2x (6) Savannah Highmane
# 1x (10) Deathwing
#
AAEBAR8EwgaKB+a9AobTAg2iAqgCtQO7BesHxQjtCcsU6rsCicMCjsMC180C3dICAA==
#

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I got so sick of running into pretty much nothing but cubelocks that I made this deck:

### f*** Cubelocks
# Class: Mage
#
# 2x (1) Ice Lance
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Dirty Rat
# 2x (2) Frostbolt
# 2x (2) Primordial Glyph
# 2x (3) Ice Block
# 2x (3) Polymorph: Boar
# 2x (3) Potion of Polymorph
# 1x (3) Tinkmaster Overspark
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 2x (4) Polymorph
# 2x (4) Water Elemental
# 2x (6) Blizzard
# 1x (6) Skulking Geist
# 1x (7) Baron Geddon
# 1x (8) Anomalus
# 1x (8) Sindragosa
# 1x (9) Frost Lich Jaina
#
AAEBAf0ECNACugTtBYoHv6wCoM4Cm9MC8tMCC02sAcABuwKLA8kDlgXuE9m7ApjEAt/EAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I'm rank 10 and have 0 stars so figured I don't have anything to lose at this point. I just concede every game I don't play a warlock right away. Every demon my opponent plays, I just polymorph it and run potion of polymorphs later in the game. It's hilarious playing a counter to one particular deck that you keep seeing. They all make the same obvious play that you can counter it so easily. You don't even need a win condition because they all just concede once they realize their Guldan isn't going to summon anything. :laugh:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I got so sick of running into pretty much nothing but cubelocks that I made this deck:

### **** Cubelocks
# Class: Mage
#
# 2x (1) Ice Lance
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Dirty Rat
# 2x (2) Frostbolt
# 2x (2) Primordial Glyph
# 2x (3) Ice Block
# 2x (3) Polymorph: Boar
# 2x (3) Potion of Polymorph
# 1x (3) Tinkmaster Overspark
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 2x (4) Polymorph
# 2x (4) Water Elemental
# 2x (6) Blizzard
# 1x (6) Skulking Geist
# 1x (7) Baron Geddon
# 1x (8) Anomalus
# 1x (8) Sindragosa
# 1x (9) Frost Lich Jaina
#
AAEBAf0ECNACugTtBYoHv6wCoM4Cm9MC8tMCC02sAcABuwKLA8kDlgXuE9m7ApjEAt/EAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I'm rank 10 and have 0 stars so figured I don't have anything to lose at this point. I just concede every game I don't play a warlock right away. Every demon my opponent plays, I just polymorph it and run potion of polymorphs later in the game. It's hilarious playing a counter to one particular deck that you keep seeing. They all make the same obvious play that you can counter it so easily. You don't even need a win condition because they all just concede once they realize their Guldan isn't going to summon anything. :laugh:
This deck wrecks Cubelock and Controllock, you should give it a try. Basically you steal steal their Lords and Cubes and beat them with their own weapons.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Been having to a lot of fun with my version of Secret Mage.

1x Kabal Lackey
2x Mana Wyrm
2x Arcanologist
2x Frostbolt
2x Medivh's Valet
2x Primordial Glyph
1x Sorcerer's Apprentice
1x Arcane Intellect
2x Counter Spell
2x Explosive Runes
1x Ice Block
2x Kirin Tor Mage
1x Potion of Polymorph
2x Volcanic Potion
2x Fireball
1x Aluneth
2x Kabal Crystal Runner
1x King Togwaggle
1x Medivh, the Gaurdian

Its a little better against Aggro than the normal secret mage and Togwaggle + Medivh gives you an out when you hit fatigue. Its really nice when you have a counter spell up as well.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Been having to a lot of fun with my version of Secret Mage.

1x Kabal Lackey
2x Mana Wyrm
2x Arcanologist
2x Frostbolt
2x Medivh's Valet
2x Primordial Glyph
1x Sorcerer's Apprentice
1x Arcane Intellect
2x Counter Spell
2x Explosive Runes
1x Ice Block
2x Kirin Tor Mage
1x Potion of Polymorph
2x Volcanic Potion
2x Fireball
1x Aluneth
2x Kabal Crystal Runner
1x King Togwaggle
1x Medivh, the Gaurdian

Its a little better against Aggro than the normal secret mage and Togwaggle + Medivh gives you an out when you hit fatigue. Its really nice when you have a counter spell up as well.
Secret Mage is such a bummer to play against. I love the more control oriented deck types and nothing is worse than getting Counterspelled without the Coin on turns 4+. It's always such a devastating tempo loss you could and should concede right away. Honestly Counterspell is such a powerful card, right now more than ever (with Lackey and Kirin Tor letting the Mage play it without losing tempo), I mean you see a lot of critique for Ice Block but CS is much worse for the game right now IMO.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Eh, Lotheb was good because it gave a 5/5 body along with the effect. The effect is OK, but not nearly as strong without the body.

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
EEy, you never played loatheb unless you wanted to counter something the next turn like fostnova ,doomsayer. This is super cheap for 2 mana for the same effect. Aggro pally will love this. No hellfire or defile allowed. No swipe , spell hunter is just no, you don't get to play. And you get 2 of them. Talk about tempo!

Reactions: TheNeutrality

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
Eh, Lotheb was good because it gave a 5/5 body along with the effect. The effect is OK, but not nearly as strong without the body.
Aggro decks still love this. As soon as they run out of steam, they can lock out most Control decks for another turn with Rebuke, which very likely could be just enough time for them to finish off their opponent.

Turn 6 Call to Arms into Rebuke might be an absolute pain to handle for any control deck that does not have Defile ready in its hand.

It's nowhere close to being as good as Loatheb in Midrange decks, though.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
That new paladin spell.. It is pretty OP if used intelligently.
I like cards like these. They force you to think about when to play them. Unlike all the brainless tempo and aggro decks. Play on curve, succeed, repeat. Boring.

Unfortunately it's terribly hard to rank up with "makes you think" control-ish decks right now. I have switched to Murloc Paladin at rank 12, now I'm at rank 6 with a stupidly lopsided win rate of 80%+.

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
It is always a hard decision to decide when to drop cold light seer , to be greedy and get more murlocs or to boost the 1 or 2 on that are in play :)

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
It is always a hard decision to decide when to drop cold light seer , to be greedy and get more murlocs or to boost the 1 or 2 on that are in play :)
Well it's true that you have to decide on when to go "all in" and pressure for lethal or when to play safe and avoid a big board clear or other tempo swings in your opponent's favor like Spreading Plague. Same for when to trade and when to go face ("if I go face right now I might have lethal in two turns because of cards x and y in my hand and opponent already played counter card z once so he has a 1/20 chance to draw it again...").

Still that's not too hard compared to let's say OTK Quest Cube Combo Druid or Big Spell Kazakus Mage or even DMH Warrior or Kingsbane Rogue.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
clockwork-automaton.png

Cheaper neutral Velen. Because why not?

Although it does lead to some broken stuff. Ever want a 6 damage Hunter Hero Power? How about 16 from Quest Warrior? Or Guldan dealing 6 and healing 12?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Inspire is gone but yet they decide to push hero powers again? Wild is going to be interesting.

Warrior got an insane card IMO:

636579011789662320.png

And look at that card art :laugh: :

636578977260832691.png

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
That warrior card is meh. Like a Boogey Monster. Coffin Carsher is good in Big priest and I hate it. Obsidian statues after Obsidian statues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad