OT: Healthy Living Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2012
Earth
3 months has taken a toll. Putting on a few pines didn't help either.

Was able to do for squats:

185x6x2
205x6
225x4

Legs are done. I regressed a lot. Well it should be fun getting back to where I was.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
3 months has taken a toll. Putting on a few pines didn't help either.

Was able to do for squats:

185x6x2
205x6
225x4

Legs are done. I regressed a lot. Well it should be fun getting back to where I was.

Think of the gainz tho. :naughty:

I'm so tired this week. I've been getting up at 5am to workout (like usual) but this frickin playoff race is cutting into my sleep :laugh:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I seriously haven't been able to do anything other than going for 20 minute jogs. My headaches/migraines have been severe the last 20 days, I've been missing time at work, social functions, it's been a real treat. I'm going to my Dr's again tomorrow though so hopefully I can get on a daily medication to resolve this issue for me.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Think of the gainz tho. :naughty:

I'm so tired this week. I've been getting up at 5am to workout (like usual) but this frickin playoff race is cutting into my sleep :laugh:

Gains I shouldn't have lost. :laugh:

Back in Septemeber I was able to 17 push-ups in a row at 254bs. I fluctuate between 258-262 now and can barely do 4-5 push-ups. I suppose 6lbs gained in 7 months could be worse.If I keep it up I can convert it all back to muscle :D

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I seriously haven't been able to do anything other than going for 20 minute jogs. My headaches/migraines have been severe the last 20 days, I've been missing time at work, social functions, it's been a real treat. I'm going to my Dr's again tomorrow though so hopefully I can get on a daily medication to resolve this issue for me.
Question from left field but have you been tested for sleep apnea? If not, may want to look into it. It can be a major cause of persistent headaches.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Question from left field but have you been tested for sleep apnea? If not, may want to look into it. It can be a major cause of persistent headaches.

I haven't, I'll mention it to my Dr. tomorrow though. I'm starting to also think stress may be an issue.

Apparently I do have a cyst in my head, but neither my Dr. nor neurologist feel that's what would be causing my issues. The last couple weeks have been hell for me, I keep a journal and literally I've had one day where I'm not suffering.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I'm going to take another week off from lifting, my upper chest right around the tip of the armpit and bicep still feel uncomfortable when bench or shoulder pressing.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Wow. Just did one set of dumbbell bench presses and both dumbells were different weight. One was 45lbs and the other was 50. Felt do embarrassed but I don't think anyone noticed, :laugh:

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Was the 50 pounder in your right hand? :sarcasm:

Don't skip left day.

Wo95cl4.jpg

aunDMZY.gif

May 27, 2012
Earth
Lmao! I could understand if it was bicep curls. It was Bench Press. Anyways some goof put the weights as "45,50,45,50" instead of being "45,45,50,50" and not beside each other. I didn't even notice...until I noticed one side giving out sooner.

:laugh:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Lmao! I could understand if it was bicep curls. It was Bench Press. Anyways some goof put the weights as "45,50,45,50" instead of being "45,45,50,50" and not beside each other. I didn't even notice...until I noticed one side giving out sooner.

:laugh:

I've done that a couple times for the same reason :laugh:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Alright, so I'm taking two full weeks off of any upper body workouts, my shoulder/bicep/chest is still too uncomfortable. I am looking to do a brand new workout split, and here's what i got:

Mon: Chest and Shoulders (aka Push)
Tues: Cardio/Plyo/Rest Day
Weds: Back (aka Pull)
Thurs: Legs and Core
Fri: Arms
Sat: Rest
Sun: Rest

My arms are severely lacking behind all other body parts, so I'd like to increase the size and strength of my arms. Do you think this is a good split to gain that?

I've always done whole body workouts OR lower body/upper body splits for athletic purposes, so I'm not familiar with body-part splits AT ALL. Need help!
Thanks

TFG

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Weighed in at 207 today, my lowest since... I don't even know when. It feels nice but it's mildly annoying because it means 200 is attainable... but I'd have to crank down on my diet for the next few weeks and deep down I really don't want to. :laugh:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Another note:

What do people think of a Two On-one off type of split:

So:

Day One: Chest Shoulders and Triceps
Day Two: Back and Biceps
Day Three: Rest
Day Four: Legs and Core

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Have you seen a doctor about your injury? Would be a shame if you had dislocated something.

If your goal is to increase size and strength of your arms, why not up them to more than once per week? Could probably add triceps to your push day, add biceps to your pull day, and combine legs/core/arms on Fridays. This gives you another day of cardio or rest on Thursday.

Edit: just saw the above. I'm a fan of having a full day of rest from lifting. Letting your muscles heal is a good thing, and even though you'll not be using the same muscles on 2nd day for lifting, you'll still need them for good form / stability.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Have you seen a doctor about your injury? Would be a shame if you had dislocated something.

If your goal is to increase size and strength of your arms, why not up them to more than once per week? Could probably add triceps to your push day, add biceps to your pull day, and combine legs/core/arms on Fridays. This gives you another day of cardio or rest on Thursday.

Edit: just saw the above. I'm a fan of having a full day of rest from lifting. Letting your muscles heal is a good thing, and even though you'll not be using the same muscles on 2nd day for lifting, you'll still need them for good form / stability.

Thanks for the advice Stewie, I think I'll go with a Push-Pull-Legs/Arms with some tris on the push and bi's on the pull. You're right, I don't think I'd overtrain on the 2nd workout but CNS would be a factor.

And no, I haven't seen doctor. It's only uncomfortable when I lift, so if it continues after I take a full two weeks off, then I'll go to the doctors,

May 27, 2012
Earth
TFG, try this:

Day 1: Legs/Core
Day 2: Chest/Triceps
Rest
Day 4: Shoulders/Traps
Day 5: Back/Biceps
Rest
Rest

I do cardio after weightlifting, just the bike for 20-30 mins after each workout. Only when you are ready to go though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad