InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Have I got the routine for you!

e3ca1c2b265545c8f408ede011d12886.jpg

Now that is a regimen I can stick to! :laugh:

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I manned up and did the exercises, just adjusted. I kept the weight the same and just did half squats, to get the blood flowing (and that I tried a full squat at the weight and failed lol) The deadlifts also helped I think. They didn't feel tight, just sore and weak(ish).

Going to foam roll the quads tonight to help with the pain.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
What are some healthy snacks to bring to work? I already bring fruit and unsalted almonds, wondering if there are some other things you guys bring to work if you do?

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I usually mix salted peanuts with unsalted almonds just because its easy to transport. Beyond that some type of cereal bar, although you really have look at the labels when choosing one.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
What are some healthy snacks to bring to work? I already bring fruit and unsalted almonds, wondering if there are some other things you guys bring to work if you do?

Some things I bring:
- Planters Trail Mix (snack size bags)
- Armstrong Cheese Sticks
- Apple/orange
- Protein bar (half in the morning, half in the afternoon, or all at once if i'm starving)
- Tuna SnacKit (tuna & crackers)
- Campbell's chicken noodle soup (whole can of soup is about 160 calories and a billion sodiums)

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
How many bench set warm ups do you guys do? I've usually done two but am thinking more may be beneficial.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
So I have been attempting to bulk for the past couple of weeks and its really taking a toll on me. Taking in significantly more calories than I am used to is causing my body to act quite strange. I'll be extremely bloated one day, and the next feel very trim and fit the next. Any advice on this? Most of my extra calories are just from pasta and protein supplement.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
So I have been attempting to bulk for the past couple of weeks and its really taking a toll on me. Taking in significantly more calories than I am used to is causing my body to act quite strange. I'll be extremely bloated one day, and the next feel very trim and fit the next. Any advice on this? Most of my extra calories are just from pasta and protein supplement.

I'm no expert but I think you'd want to go over your calories with more protein/fats and less carbs. I would imagine that's why you're feeling bloated.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
How many bench set warm ups do you guys do? I've usually done two but am thinking more may be beneficial.
One warm-up set should be plenty.

How much salt are you taking in? A higher than normal salt intake could be leading to your bloated feeling. (could also theoretically be dehydration)

I also echo the sentiment above - carbs are great for energy but if you want muscle bulk, you'll want a significant protein intake. Fats are important as well.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site

Basically any bloating caused by your diet would come from consuming a high carbohydrate load (likely from the previous day, solid food takes about 22 hours to fully digest) or all-you-can-eat Ribs... If you looking to add extra calories, I would suggest foods higher in protein/fat than those high in carbohydrates.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I'm no expert but I think you'd want to go over your calories with more protein/fats and less carbs. I would imagine that's why you're feeling bloated.

I would argue the opposite.

I would increase your lean proteins (chicken breast, egg whites, fish) and increase your complex carbohydrates (brown rice, sweet potato, potato, etc).. I would be careful with your fats... Though, you want to make sure your taking in some too! (Avocado, mushrooms, nuts, natural peanut butter)

InfinityIggy, you probably already know this, but make your bulk clean. Measure your intake, increase your protein and carbs with good foods, and supplement when necessary.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome

Fiber. Try swapping pasta with rice or potatoes. Pasta contains a lot of fiber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad