OT: Healthy Living 3.0

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I finally reached 3000km on the year on my bike this morning.

feelsgoodman.jpeg

Savoie92

Jul 5, 2012
Regina
update on my progress

im now down to 182 lbs goal of 180 before January 30th. I think i got this for sure might even be able to get to 175lbs by than but thats wishful thinking

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
update on my progress

im now down to 182 lbs goal of 180 before January 30th. I think i got this for sure might even be able to get to 175lbs by than but thats wishful thinking
mfw I realize I'm litterally more than twice the man you are :sarcasm:

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
So while at work on Sunday, I cashed out a rather attractive woman, and we got to talking while I was checking her out(both ways :naughty: ) about work, and she mentions she works for a gym chain called "5 Star" and wouldn't ya know it? she offers me a full 1 year FREE subscription to the gym. :yo:

but I've never gone to a gym to work out before so my anxiety is pretty high about it.

Savoie92

Jul 5, 2012
Regina
So while at work on Sunday, I cashed out a rather attractive woman, and we got to talking while I was checking her out(both ways :naughty: ) about work, and she mentions she works for a gym chain called "5 Star" and wouldn't ya know it? she offers me a full 1 year FREE subscription to the gym. :yo:

but I've never gone to a gym to work out before so my anxiety is pretty high about it.

Now's your time to shine bud! the things i'd do to get a free year of gym given to me from an attractive woman. sounds like a fantasy really

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Now's your time to shine bud! the things i'd do to get a free year of gym given to me from an attractive woman. sounds like a fantasy really

best part is(hopefully), she works at the gym that's closest to me, and even recommended i go to that specific one. :)

for those casual to regular gym goers, what would you guys recommend me starting on?
I was thinking some treadmill and then a bit of weights?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
because I have exactly 0 experience with women.... :help::help::cry:
Here is what I would do.

Be honest.
Listen.
Don't ogle other women around her.

Points 2 & 3 always have me hearing how I can make a woman feel special or like she's the only woman in the room.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
best part is(hopefully), she works at the gym that's closest to me, and even recommended i go to that specific one. :)

for those casual to regular gym goers, what would you guys recommend me starting on?

The gym might have an orientation, which I would ask about. They basically give you a tour of the gym and all their equipment. They might try and sign you up for personal training, which is a good idea but if it's out of your budget, just say you're planning on training with a friend.

New gym goers are often intimidated because they do not know what to do or know they way around a gym. There's some good weight trainers to follow on FB who give great tips and also YouTube has some good tutorials on some starting routines to get you going.

The biggest thing about lifting is your technique. Most exercises require you to lift a certain way, angle and even tempo, it takes years to learn. When I am lifting on a certain set, I'll constantly adjust my angle just by feel until I find the sweet spot which maximizes your burn. Always start light, master the technique first and once you build up a base, increase your weight accordingly.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Also nice work guys! I started taking this new supplement, Tongkat Ali. It comes from a plant usually found in Indonesia, helps with strength, energy and is all natural.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
The gym might have an orientation, which I would ask about. They basically give you a tour of the gym and all their equipment. They might try and sign you up for personal training, which is a good idea but if it's out of your budget, just say you're planning on training with a friend.

New gym goers are often intimidated because they do not know what to do or know they way around a gym. There's some good weight trainers to follow on FB who give great tips and also YouTube has some good tutorials on some starting routines to get you going.

The biggest thing about lifting is your technique. Most exercises require you to lift a certain way, angle and even tempo, it takes years to learn. When I am lifting on a certain set, I'll constantly adjust my angle just by feel until I find the sweet spot which maximizes your burn. Always start light, master the technique first and once you build up a base, increase your weight accordingly.

thanks a bunch for the tips Hox!! I'll definitely have to look into it more.
but yeah it will be intimidating going alone, especially with my social anxiety haha but im gonna force myself.

but i am definitely excited to start! been wanting to for a while now, but it was always 'its costs money, so nah'.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Here is what I would do.

Be honest.
Listen.
Don't ogle other women around her.

Points 2 & 3 always have me hearing how I can make a woman feel special or like she's the only woman in the room.

points 1+2 are no problem for me
point #3 i always have a bit of an issue with even if im not doing it on purpose, ya know? gotta keep my eyes literally under control haha.

but the BIG problem with me is I'm almost always immediately 'friendzoned' or I don't realize the girl likes me and miss my shot(because my girl-radar doesn't work haha)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
but yeah it will be intimidating going alone, especially with my social anxiety haha but im gonna force myself.

but i am definitely excited to start! been wanting to for a while now, but it was always 'its costs money, so nah'.

The thinking is, you spend money on your health, which is an investment in yourself, which will actually save you money longterm on your overall wellbeing.

No problem man, go and just get moving. You'll probably get addicted before you know it and become a gym rat. It'll increase your self confidence, boost your endorphins and you'll feel so much better in general. I wish I could get out of my rut, I need to get back myself.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary

A good website to go to is bodybuilding.com it asks your goal and provides plans for how you can get there, and most of the plans include video tutorials of how to do each workout. :)

Savoie92

Jul 5, 2012
Regina

Thats the beautiful thing about the gym, for me that's where i lost my social anxiety. After going at it enough you will gain more confidence like Hox was saying and it is highly addictive once you start seeing gains!

I always look at the gym with this mentality,
I'm not here to be better than anyone else, I am here to be better than i was yesterday.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
thanks guys. for real. i've always had a bad mental image of myself. and i intend to change that.
tomorrow i go to the gym for my 1st time.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
So, just got back from my 1st go at the gym, and it went pretty well.
Granted, I was terrified lol out of my comfort zone kinda thing.

but i feel good. i used a bunch of the machines. I didn't go hardcore for my 1st go at it lmao but i did do enough that my muscles feel....not super sore, but used lmao.

I have a consultation/mini training sesh on monday to kinda get me more familiar with the gym + equipment.

SO glad I went.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Congrats Gamo! Go for it man. Take your time, everyone starts somewhere.

I remember starting back last spring and feeling ****** about where I was. Weak, overweight, and lacking confidence. A few months really does magic.

Today I changed up my leg workout; and it was magic. Struggling today already. Can't imagine tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00