OT: Healthy Living 3.0

Savoie92

Jul 5, 2012
Regina
Just bought a pair of skates! cant wait to get back on the ice its been 3 years since i hit the ice!

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Had a cheat day today. First one in what seems like forever. It was magic.

Tomorrow is back to grind :laugh:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I finally replaced the batteries in my scale the other day and found out that I've gained nearly ten pounds. :(

Which is kind of bizarre since I've been working out like crazy so I'm sure a lot of it is muscle, but I've been stupid hungry during that period as well, so...

Anyways, I hate counting cals but I think I may have to bite the bullet for a few weeks. Ughhhh

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Deebz the good news is if your hungry that means your metabolism is going fast. Honestly go by the mirror and adjust your habits accordingly.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Thanks for the link Kahvi, much appreciated! The doctors have suggested it could be an obstruction, since I'm not in a severe degree of pain I haven't been admitted to the hospital to have any x-rays/cat scans yet. (If this goes on for another day or so that may change though).

The pain I am in is similar to what you're describing, lower right abdominal pain. Mine is more of a soreness + very irritated digestive tract, no sharp pains though. I am on some digestive medication as well, it seems to have improved slightly today so we will see how it progresses.

So after getting admitted to the hospital for X-rays and a CT Scan it was determined I did indeed have appendicitis.

Had surgery late on Monday night. It's been a difficult recovery so far but it looks like I may be able to leave tonight.

If you ever experience pain in your lower right side, just go straight to the hospital. Even if your pain is mild. I had mild pain for 5 days with no other symptoms at all. Even right before going in for surgery.

The surgeon who performed the surgery told me that 'it (appendix) would have killed me' had I waited another day before getting admitted into the hospital.

Also, health care workers are total saints.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So after getting admitted to the hospital for X-rays and a CT Scan it was determined I did indeed have appendicitis.

Had surgery late on Monday night. It's been a difficult recovery so far but it looks like I may be able to leave tonight.

If you ever experience pain in your lower right side, just go straight to the hospital. Even if your pain is mild. I had mild pain for 5 days with no other symptoms at all. Even right before going in for surgery.

The surgeon who performed the surgery told me that 'it (appendix) would have killed me' had I waited another day before getting admitted into the hospital.

Mow I find out I'm not my sons emergency contact

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga

Good to hear you're ok. They didn't use medical ultrasound when you first went to the doctor? They did that in my case and it cleared it wasn't appendicitis.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
2 4:30 am get-ups in a row for me. Would normally get up at 5 am for work, but am getting up and going for jogs. Have to become The Rock Johnson before I die. I'm off to a good start. So far I look like Randy from Trailer Park Boys from my chest to the tighty-whities.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
2 4:30 am get-ups in a row for me. Would normally get up at 5 am for work, but am getting up and going for jogs. Have to become The Rock Johnson before I die. I'm off to a good start. So far I look like Randy from Trailer Park Boys from my chest to the tighty-whities.

You're the real MVP. Earliest I can stomach is 5:15. What time are you going to bed, like 7pm?

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Getting a proper sleep might be the most underrated aspect of training and wellbeing. Few years ago I was able to get myself a sleep rhythm were I fell asleep around 10pm and woke up around 5-6 pm without an alarm. I was never tired at work back then.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
You're the real MVP. Earliest I can stomach is 5:15. What time are you going to bed, like 7pm?

Between 10 and 11. If I go to bed earlier I wake up around 12:30 and toss and turn. It sucks.

And thanks lol.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Between 10 and 11. If I go to bed earlier I wake up around 12:30 and toss and turn. It sucks.

And thanks lol.

God damn that's like 6 hours of sleep. Although to be fair a good workout first thing is sometimes as good or better than a cup of coffee so if it works for you then keep it up :)

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
I've been trying to get fit like I was in high school. I was never muscular but at 5'11 185lbs I was in good shape. Just a few years later and I am 210 though.

Looking for some tips. With my job I do four on, four off. Two twelve hour days and then two twelve hour nights. Im finding it hard the last two years to get a proper sleep schedule because of that and also to get the energy to go for runs, let alone use the gym pass my work gives me.

What is a good way to regulate my sleeping with this work schedule? Sleep medications don't seem to work, and I wind up with somewhere around 3-4 hours of sleep tops any day/night of the week. Real hard to get into a groove like that.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Yesterday I did a double workout, then slept 9 glorious hours. I feel great today. :laugh:

Doubles are hard as **** though. It was a solid hour of weights, body weight, and cardio. It was kind of an in-the-moment decision but not something I should take lightly. Noted for next time lol

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Yesterday I did a double workout, then slept 9 glorious hours. I feel great today. :laugh:

Doubles are hard as **** though. It was a solid hour of weights, body weight, and cardio. It was kind of an in-the-moment decision but not something I should take lightly. Noted for next time lol

I stopped doing the double workout, and have moved to something fun but active as an alternative if I want to get back to the gym or need exercise. So, I do my workouts in the afternoon for about an hour. It's a mix of cardio and weightlifting; some of the time a lot of weight lifting :laugh:

In the evening if my girlfriend is working or has plans and I'm home on my own, I normally get bored (there's only so much Xbox or Netflix I play/watch) and end up just feeling like I need do something. When I have a project on the go with my personal business, that'll take up most of the time; but when I'm wrapping up or wrapped up and it moves away from my responsibilities, I just have little else to do.

I've been heading to the gym and playing some pick-up basketball or going and doing a bike ride (in the summer) or stationary bike for fun. I've also made some buddies at the gym, so it's nice hanging out while also doing something. My normal friend group is more into the partying/pub type hangouts, so, it's good to be able to do something else.

On one of my achievement lists, I can now dunk a tennis ball pretty easy. Still some fat to lose and legs to workout for the real thing, but I think in 2017 I'll be able to do that... and that'll be ecstasy for my 15 year old self :laugh:

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016

Doubles are rough man. Every once in a while I'll do strength training in the morning and sprinting in the evening and it kicks my ass every time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad