Confirmed with Link: Head Coach Vacancy Pt IV — Rangers get permission to speak to Ruff

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterUnspoken

Vintage
Nov 10, 2002
New York
Hoping for Boucher now. Wanted Eakins as the head coach.

We'll probably hire AV.... oh well. Hopefully he turns things around on the powerplay and offensive side of the puck and lets Lundqvist be Lundqvist.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Cody Hodgson is a very good player. He was very good under Vigneault too. They just happened to have two pretty good centers in front of him.

Kassian currently does suck, though.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Very disapointed I wanted Dallas as the next coach of this team. My guess is Sather see's how the Bylsma thing plays out. I still think Babcock is a wild card in this race as well.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
A Boston hockey writer is speculating on Sather's future

But while sources have mentioned the same names to MurphysHockeyLaw.com that are being reported by many outlets, such as former Sabres bench boss Lindy Ruff and former Canucks head coach Alain Vigneault as possible hires for the Rangers coaching job there could be a bigger change coming for the Blue Shirts. Don’t be surprised if Sather, 69, decides to step down from his GM post and places another in charge of running the player personnel decisions. An NHL source as well as a Rangers team source have told MurphysHockeyLaw.com that Sather is considering such a move as he prepares to meet with his hockey operations staff in La Quinta, California this week to discuss the coaching situation, the roster going forward and prepare for the 2013 NHL Entry Draft in Newark on June 30.

http://murphyshockeylaw.com/?p=1527

This guy mentions Schoenfeld or Risebrough as possible replacements.

Jeff Gorton. Two years ago when Sather was looking for an assistant GM. He promoted Gorton who is heavily involved with personnel,salary cap issues and the CBA. Negotiates contracts. Sather didn't give the other two guys more responsibility. Or Messier more responsibility. Gorton moved his family to NY two years ago. When Slats had surgery,Gorton handled the team.

Sather said he was keeping his GM title two weeks ago. Sather could still keep the GM title and promote Gorton to President of Hockey Operations.

SupersonicMonkey*

I hope Boucher gets the job, but I highly doubt it.

If Sather stepped away, Gorton would be named GM. Gorton has as much a hand in the Bruins success as anyone else. Rangers would be in good hands.

If its going to happen, now is the time. Let Gorton hire his coach.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana

If Sather stepped away, Gorton would be named GM. Gorton has as much a hand in the Bruins success as anyone else. Rangers would be in good hands.

He'd hire Torts back. :sarcasm:

I'd feel more confident going forward with Gorton at the helm than either of Risebrough or Schoenfeld.

RangersFan

Feb 27, 2002
NY, NY

Jeff Gorton. Two years ago when Sather was looking for an assistant GM. He promoted Gorton who is heavily involved with personnel,salary cap issues and the CBA. Negotiates contracts. Sather didn't give the other two guys more responsibility. Or Messier more responsibility. Gorton moved his family to NY two years ago. When Slats had surgery,Gorton handled the team.

Sather said he was keeping his GM title two weeks ago. Sather could still keep the GM title and promote Gorton to President of Hockey Operations.
There really is no better time for him to step down.

TUQ

Mar 24, 2004

That would be like Christmas in the summer ... until Messier gets the job.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

Let's hope and pray. How faith-filled is the rumor?

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
Anyone wonder if Sully will be interviewing for the job? Calgary wanted him last year as their head coach and he is still under contract.

I doubt it. The players tuned Torts out. They probably tuned out Sully as well.

And like someone above mentioned. If Slats is going to step down now is the time. Let Gorton take over and hire the coach.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Sullivan coached the Bruins when Gorton was AGM with Mike O'Connell as GM. If anyone other than Gorton is the next GM or whatever title they give him,F.U.B.A.R. Slats will be 70 later this year. Time for new blood. Young blood. Not old dudes. Boston should give Gorton another ring for the Rask trade if they win their 2nd Cup in 3 years.

*Bob Richards*

Richards potentially getting bought out. Torts getting canned. Sather potentially stepping down.

Too much is happening.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
John Tortorella Pacing Around Penn Station Screaming At Total Strangers To Clear Puck Into Neutral Zone

700.jpg

NEW YORK—According to confused onlookers inside Penn Station, recently fired New York Rangers head coach John Tortorella is currently wandering around the major rail terminal yelling at complete strangers to clear the puck into the neutral zone. “C’mon! Cover the ******* high slot and clear the zone!” said a disheveled and slightly off-balance Tortorella, who was reportedly screaming at an elderly couple about to board an Amtrak train to Boston. “Wake up and get the forecheck going right now! I don’t want to hear any excuses—just get out there and either crash the net or move the puck out to point and put some ****ing shots on net!” At press time, eyewitnesses confirmed that Tortorella was shouting at travelers in the Grand Concourse to gather around him to talk about the team’s “pathetic penalty kill.”

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Sullivan coached the Bruins when Gorton was AGM with Mike O'Connell as GM. If anyone other than Gorton is the next GM or whatever title they give him,F.U.B.A.R. Slats will be 70 later this year. Time for new blood. Young blood. Not old dudes. Boston should give Gorton another ring for the Rask trade if they win their 2nd Cup in 3 years.

The only trade he is really credited for because he only lasted a few months in that position, might also be the biggest trade they've made in a while minus the Kessel trade obviously. Could arguably be the most important.

Richards potentially getting bought out. Torts getting canned. Sather potentially stepping down.

Too much is happening.

Can you ever have too much of a good thing?

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I can't believe the nutless laziness on the part of Oilers management for firing Kruger over Skype. It's cheap, cowardly, and careless. Shame on what was once a proud organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad