Ukraine: HC Donbas

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
interview with nazarov
http://hcdonbass.com/news/khl/andrey_nazarov_s_eremenko_i_anisinym_ukraina_budet_v_elite/?lang=en

dont know how plausible it is, but snagging some canadians would be cool. getting eremenko? hmm...well they've got to sign him first, right? or is he implying that since donbass is in the khl, he's playing games in ukraine, and therefore is eligible to be naturalized? im assuming nazarov has the inside track on how this may work

Eremenko has played for Russia in IIHF competitions, it would take him four years and to play IN Ukraine for him to play for the Ukrainian national team. http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/championships/iihf-eligibility.html

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
He has participated for at least four consecutive years in the national competitions of his new country, during which period he has neither transferred to another country nor played ice hockey within any other country and has not played for his previous country in an IIHF competition during this four year period.

it's ambiguous wording. the "national competition" of ukraine is the KHL, he plays games in Ukraine even if it's for a Russian-based team.

maybe there' a loophole to be had here.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Nazarov is an idiot in this matter. That's all.

In other news, Gvardiya is destroying their MHL-B opponents in tournament taking place in Belgorod. The official website has all the coverage you can imagine. Donbass is an perfect example for other teams in league stride for, as far as team websites are concerned.

Last edited:

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
really appreciate the multi lingualness of the site

but seriously, legally that's ambiguous as hell. playing 4 years in the "national competition" of the new country? cant play in another country? what if he played in the nhl, would he not be allowed to transfer nationality? how did nabokov do it?

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
White Leopard (Donbass-2) is shaping up with a great coaching staff, hopefully it helps the kids

simchuk as goaltending coach, kulikov as head, hunk as another asst coach

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
nagrazdenie.jpg

Donbas wins their cup

but....apparently Piganovich is the captain now?

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Ukrainians on Donbass as of today's roster
http://hcdonbass.com/komanda/donbass/?lang=en&ELEMENT_CODE=donbass

D:
Razin
Petrukhno
Silnitsky

FW:
Fedotenko
Varlamov
Belukhin
Blahoi
Zakharov
Kvitchenko
Shalimov

what was the rule, 5 ukies had to be on the roster per league rules? who makes the cut outside of razin and feds?

Razin, Fedotenko, Varlamov, Belukhin and Kvitchenko will all make it. Some of the others will likely see a few games here or there, but those guys will be the 5 to watch out for. There are likely going to be 2 or 3 Ukrainians playing on other KHL teams this year as well, which is pretty good for the NT.

Any word yet on where Kasyanchuk is going to end up?

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
- At the press-conference in May, you mentioned that closer to the start of the season you would be able to determine the approximate budget of “Donbass†for the season. Can you announce the figure now?
- I am afraid that the concrete budgetary figure is non-public information. I won’t tell it to you now just because later it will wear me out to comment on it to others. I may say that the figure is significantly higher than last year (in the season 2012/2013 the budget was approximately 25 million dollars). Talking about salaries, this information was published by the KHL and it is 21,6 million dollars.

- Could you at least say which position “Donbass†may occupy in the KHL Club’s “budget race�
- I think “Donbass†will occupy the fifth or sixth position among the clubs of the Western Conference with regard to budget. Some of your colleagues even put us up to fourth position.

salary stuff

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
while i was on the site they seemed to update it, but berezin disappeared from the roster and looks like Mykhailo Shevchuk has been called up

maybe berezin was sent down to the Leopards?

Shevy hasnt been too hot in the MHL, I guess they want to give one of the other kids a shot for a few games and having him up might count towards the locals requirement? (since i guess the converts don't count officially yet to the khl rules)

http://gvardia.hcdonbass.com/komanda/mg/player-shevchuk/?lang=en&ELEMENT_CODE=shevchuk

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
looks like all the offense is going to robataille, kaspar, dadonov, and yakutsenia

and of course piganovich setting em up, who rules

good to see leighton get the SO

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
donbass wins

goals by wilson (wirtanen, podhrasky), fedotenko (wirtanen), toryanik (blahoi, varlamov), and robataille (kaspar)

good to see toryanik get a goal in his second game. also, morozov was on the robataille/kaspar line, good to see them give him a shot and not bury him on the 4th

(the robataille/kaspar line was 4 on 4, though, breakaway, morozov wasn't involved)

toryanik's goal: http://video.khl.ru/quotes/122945

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
donbass wins

goals by wilson (wirtanen, podhrasky), fedotenko (wirtanen), toryanik (blahoi, varlamov), and robataille (kaspar)

good to see toryanik get a goal in his second game. also, morozov was on the robataille/kaspar line, good to see them give him a shot and not bury him on the 4th

(the robataille/kaspar line was 4 on 4, though, breakaway, morozov wasn't involved)

toryanik's goal: http://video.khl.ru/quotes/122945

Very nice goal by Toryanik. Really liked what I saw out of Blagoy on that shift as well. He looks like a good bottom 6 player. Good night for Ukrainians. 3 points for them in the Donbass game.

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
http://text.khl.ru/en/37988.html

tory got 8:12 in ice time, morozov 7:48

robataille/kaspar on the other hand got 19 mins each, so i'd like to fix my previous statement about morozov getting time with them (they were listed together on the post-game box)

toryanik also won his only faceoff and had 3 shots on goal, which was second most on the team (considering his TOI, hopefully that shows he's working his ass off out there)

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
there was a rumor that babchuk got cut

if he does, and tverdovsky wants to come here....i admit i'd be pretty giddy if we got both

i guess donbas could send silnitsky down and bench kolarzh?

biggest issue though right now i think is the ukrainian forwards - talk about dead weight. kvitchenko, shalimov, belukhin, and varlamov have all been total ass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad