GDT: Hawks @ Wild in outdoor game on 2/21/16 @ TCF Bank Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiTownCode

Natural Perm
Aug 13, 2013
Chicago
Hate these games, didn't even watch I just went golfing instead. (family in town)

after the Blues game next year I hope we get a decade off of these outdoor games.

MadhouseOnMadison

Man crush on Amonte
Oct 15, 2010
Hate these games, didn't even watch I just went golfing instead. (family in town)

after the Blues game next year I hope we get a decade off of these outdoor games.

I hate golf and I wish I had been doing that instead of watching this game.

Can you imagine the Hawks fans who were suckers enough going to that? Overpay for tickets and concessions to have a horrible view of your team getting blown out?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
OF all the excuses I predicted they coukd use...I see that Toews has chosen the "we learned a lesson"(that no game is going to be easy) excuse..
AS IF they had not been taught such a lesson before and needed to be taught it...but really. ..have they not been lesson ed before this fiasco? Did they not learn any lessons from prior outdoor game losses? FROM prior losses to Minn this year even with Yeo beating Q? Did they not think a hot Minn team under a better coach in Torchetti would require even more compete from them to get a win? Nope...Apparently they could not figure that out and so needed to.be reminded in this "lesdon".

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I forwarded through most of the game, this is the luxury I have watching gamecenter live lol. Man I hate these outdoor games anyway, the game is just sloppy and annoying to watch. I am not even sure why Q was going mental trying to get these guys to play, you can just see when they dont want to be there and funny this with this team its like they all make a collective decision not to show up.

ChiTownCode

Natural Perm
Aug 13, 2013
Chicago
I hate golf and I wish I had been doing that instead of watching this game.

Can you imagine the Hawks fans who were suckers enough going to that? Overpay for tickets and concessions to have a horrible view of your team getting blown out?

And don't forget the ribbing from the Wild fans.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
And don't forget the ribbing from the Wild fans.

Eh. This was the Mild Cup. Look as Dumba celebreTe like
They had won the cup on their first goal. The Mild gave all they had and our D decided not to play today. They will flame out as usual in the first round again. Their fans have short memories.....like they are still out of the playoffsat the moment. I LOL that.

ChiTownCode

Natural Perm
Aug 13, 2013
Chicago
Eh. This was the Mild Cup. Look as Dumba celebreTe like
They had won the cup on their first goal.
The Mild gave all they had and our D decided not to play today. They will flame out as usual in the first round again. Their fans have short memories.....like they are still out of the playoffsat the moment. I LOL that.

Thought the same exact thing. he should've been wearing 55 again for that celly.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I guess I look at it this way. I am not happy with the performance but not surprised. It is one of 82 games and move on. A couple of mor win depth items:

1. Svedberg is total ****. Should not even be in the NHL. trade him, demote him, whatever. Just not meant for the game in NA. Rather Pokka be up to be honest. He can skate light years better than this plug.

2. Seabrook had a howler of a game. And those have become way too common for him in the second half of the season.

3. I think TVR was looked over as a culprit to a couple goals at least. Directly. He has been really meh recently at best. He needs to step it up.

4. Just a lot of complacency we often see in this team this time of year. That is why I am not alarmed per se. But not happy with some young D in roles that should not be in.

5, Top 6 LW please?!?! That is really all we need. Then move Shaw back where he belongs and the 3rd line is even better not having Desi in there.

Just my 2 cents. If the Hawks won I this game I would not be proclaiming great playoff implications (like the Wild fans are taking from it). Just another in 82 with an experienced, winning team. Just a little fine tuning needed.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
A friend of mine said that the Hawks had practiced a total of 15 actual minutes before North Stars game. They went DC after the Rangers game; visited the White House Thursday; got a travel / off day Friday; practiced for 15 minutes Saturday before skating with the veterans.

Yep ... 15 minutes of practice since the Rangers game. This is no excuse (it is), but I don't think the Hawks took the game too seriously vs. The Wild, which was their Stanley Cup. I get the feeling Q is starting to save the legs of the players before the stretch drive. It's what he does. There's no reason to act like Tom Thibodeau when the President's Trophy is not the goal.

That being said, I do believe the recent home tail spin against the Sharks, Stars, etc. was worrisome ... but thankfully, the Hawks proved they have an extra gear when needed. We still need a top 6 LW, but expect that to be resolved in the near future.

The Hawks will be uneven for the next month or so ... as they save their legs for the stretch drive. It's not ideal but that's the trade off to peak during the playoffs. Q and the Hawks figured out a good formula since 2013. Of course, this will enable Fiddy to be a ranting lunatic for a month too. :)

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Personally, I wish he had sat Keith, toews, and Kane to send a message to the league that their outdoor schtick is played out.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
A friend of mine said that the Hawks had practiced a total of 15 actual minutes before North Stars game. They went DC after the Rangers game; visited the White House Thursday; got a travel / off day Friday; practiced for 15 minutes Saturday before skating with the veterans.

Yep ... 15 minutes of practice since the Rangers game. This is no excuse (it is), but I don't think the Hawks took the game too seriously vs. The Wild, which was their Stanley Cup. I get the feeling Q is starting to save the legs of the players before the stretch drive. It's what he does. There's no reason to act like Tom Thibodeau when the President's Trophy is not the goal.

That being said, I do believe the recent home tail spin against the Sharks, Stars, etc. was worrisome ... but thankfully, the Hawks proved they have an extra gear when needed. We still need a top 6 LW, but expect that to be resolved in the near future.

The Hawks will be uneven for the next month or so ... as they save their legs for the stretch drive. It's not ideal but that's the trade off to peak during the playoffs. Q and the Hawks figured out a good formula since 2013. Of course, this will enable Fiddy to be a ranting lunatic for a month too. :)

No correlation between practice time and this team's preparedness. When we were on the winning streak the team barely practiced at all.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The list of excuses is longer than what HF50 posted prior to the game.

Fact is, Wild schooled the Blackhawks again. This time the score was a good indication of what took place on the ice.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Again? This was the first time this year that MIN badly outplayed CHI.

MIN played like it was the Stanley Cup playoffs, CHI played like it was game 62.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
No, lost by 1 goal in both of the other games.
Does it really matter though? Didn't they beat us in all our games in 2013 or 2014? How did that work out for them?

You better hang to that because that's all we got. The scores look close but in at least 2 of the games now, they have kicked our arses in every aspect of the game. And you can't blame Darling this time around.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The list of excuses is longer than what HF50 posted prior to the game.

Fact is, Wild schooled the Blackhawks again. This time the score was a good indication of what took place on the ice.

Yep we got beat and the team did not show up to play. It has happened 5-6 times a year since 2009.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I was drunk during the game but did Svedberg look as bad as I think he did?

I will rewatch it but I remember him looking brutal (along with Seabrook who might have been as drunk as me with how he was skating).

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I was drunk during the game but did Svedberg look as bad as I think he did?

I will rewatch it but I remember him looking brutal (along with Seabrook who might have been as drunk as me with how he was skating).

All of the dmen were terrible to varying degrees, but yes, Seabs had a rough outing as did TVR. Sved got beat badly on a later goal (I think it was the 4th or 5th).

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Seabrook needs to drop 20 lbs. he looks like he is skating with a boat anchor tied around his waist. His reactions around the net are slow, he just looks gassed. I am wondering what he is going to look like 5 years down the road if he is moving this slow now. Might end up doing like we did with Buff, eventually put him up front and plant his fat butt in front of the net. Its worrisome thinking about that contract and how he is moving now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad