GDT: Hawks @ Wild in outdoor game on 2/21/16 @ TCF Bank Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
You better hang to that because that's all we got. The scores look close but in at least 2 of the games now, they have kicked our arses in every aspect of the game. And you can't blame Darling this time around.

Yeah you better hang onto those playoff victories where we beat them 8 out of the last 10 games. It's really all you can do after being totally embarrassed in February :shakehead

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I think they beat us last year all the games during RS and then we sweep them in the PO. What we saw from the Wild yesterday is all they have. This was the biggest thing to ever happen to their franchise. It was just another game for the Hawks. Sometimes....they just play like they don't give a ****. Or are in a funk at the moment. Lets hope the last 20 games they get it figured out. Took them until the middle of the 1st round to right the ship last year.

sherwood sniper

Jan 25, 2010
Hawks are 1-3-1 in Outdoor games now...
Good. Keep putting them in and hope they continue to loose. Using my flawed logic, I like what happens when they loose the outdoor game.:naughty:

09 play Wings, lost, win cup next year
14 play Pens, win, no cup
15 play Caps, lost, win cup
16 play Mild, lost, ..............

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I think they beat us last year all the games during RS and then we sweep them in the PO. What we saw from the Wild yesterday is all they have. This was the biggest thing to ever happen to their franchise. It was just another game for the Hawks. Sometimes....they just play like they don't give a ****. Or are in a funk at the moment. Lets hope the last 20 games they get it figured out. Took them until the middle of the 1st round to right the ship last year.

I still attribute last playoffs as going through St. Louis and being beat up so much they didn't have their legs against the Hawks. You guys also have a whole other gear when playoffs start. Most of the season it almost looks as if your players don't even care :laugh: They know they can drop games like yesterday and not really lose any headway because they've won it as the #1 see and they've won it as the #3 seed have they not?

The only difference I could see this year over the other years is the depth for the Wild is better than it was before. Meaning they are not just relying on the Top 6 and Top-2 Dpairing to do all the scoring. The last 4 games, it has essentially been the Bottom 6 and the entire blue line potting the goals. I could see a 6 game series again between the two, but ya'll are the Yankees equivalent for the Twins...just can never beat them when the games on the line.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I don't think I can handle another postseason hearing about Minnesota's depth. Weren't they already deep enough last year!?

Gooner

Feb 21, 2016
Munich
I still attribute last playoffs as going through St. Louis and being beat up so much they didn't have their legs against the Hawks. You guys also have a whole other gear when playoffs start. Most of the season it almost looks as if your players don't even care :laugh: They know they can drop games like yesterday and not really lose any headway because they've won it as the #1 see and they've won it as the #3 seed have they not?

The only difference I could see this year over the other years is the depth for the Wild is better than it was before. Meaning they are not just relying on the Top 6 and Top-2 Dpairing to do all the scoring. The last 4 games, it has essentially been the Bottom 6 and the entire blue line potting the goals. I could see a 6 game series again between the two, but ya'll are the Yankees equivalent for the Twins...just can never beat them when the games on the line.
Our best guys are better than your best guys and they step it up in the playoffs too. Kane kills the Wild in the postseason. I'm confident that he would once again be the difference were we to meet you guys in the playoffs.
The only worry is our bottom 6, we badly need Kruger back and at his best, lines 3 and especially 4 will be key if we end up playing the Kings who can match our top line and have a second line that can produce similarly to ours.

You guys always seem like a bad matchup on paper though, and if you can contain our stars against all odds you might just break your losing streak against us, forgive me for not being overly worried though ;)

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You better hang to that because that's all we got. The scores look close but in at least 2 of the games now, they have kicked our arses in every aspect of the game. And you can't blame Darling this time around.

Actually it's not.
In the 1st game, the shots on net were 29-30 for MIN. Even in the advanced stats for attempted shots on goal were fairly close. The score was close, bascially everything about the game was pretty close, other than the goaltending.

In the second game, the shots on net were 31-36 for MIN. But the advanced stats for attempted shots on goal were in Chicagos favour, as MIN had 22 blocked shots, compared to Chicagos 13.

In both of those games, it was tied until the 3rd period.
So nothing suggest that in those 2 games that the Wild schooled us. So keep hanging your hat on your opinion of those games, because the facts don't back that up.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
February is our typical bad month and we are 5-3-1 with 2 games remaining. We are brutal.

FYI that extrapolates out to a 46-27-9 season (101 points).

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Our best guys are better than your best guys and they step it up in the playoffs too. Kane kills the Wild in the postseason. I'm confident that he would once again be the difference were we to meet you guys in the playoffs.
The only worry is our bottom 6, we badly need Kruger back and at his best, lines 3 and especially 4 will be key if we end up playing the Kings who can match our top line and have a second line that can produce similarly to ours.

You guys always seem like a bad matchup on paper though, and if you can contain our stars against all odds you might just break your losing streak against us, forgive me for not being overly worried though ;)

Hell if I were you, I wouldn't be worried either :laugh: here is hoping it is a better series if it were to happen. For both teams sakes.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
And..then NYI goes and disposes of Minn easily for Torchetti's first of many losses..The reason Minn torched us in the outdoor game was more about 1 team showing up and giving g A effort and the other team pulling an MIA ooop-fest.

ALSO
..Eric Haula emerges from his mediocre chamber whenever Minn plays tge Hawks ...against NYI he goes right back to "normal"...When tge Hawks stink they let bottom liners star against them...over the years it was always highlights for Stempniak and Fiddler whenever they played the Hawks ...now I guess tge designated bum who kills them is Haula.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
And..then NYI goes and disposes of Minn easily for Torchetti's first of many losses..The reason Minn torched us in the outdoor game was more about 1 team showing up and giving g A effort and the other team pulling an MIA ooop-fest.

ALSO
..Eric Haula emerges from his mediocre chamber whenever Minn plays tge Hawks ...against NYI he goes right back to "normal"...When tge Hawks stink they let bottom liners star against them...over the years it was always highlights for Stempniak and Fiddler whenever they played the Hawks ...now I guess tge designated bum who kills them is Haula.

Yes it really was a simple as that. The Hawks clearly were not interested in being there or the game.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Uh huh. They haven't beat Wild all season long and were badly outplayed in two of the games (even though the score in one of them didn't reflect what occurred on the ice).

The score didn't reflect it, the shots on goal didn't reflect it, the shot attempts didn't reflect it, basically nothing reflected that the wild badly outplayed the Hawks in the 1st game.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
No... but we don't see Hawks at their best very often. And before we hear it again ..... what has occurred with these teams in the past bares little relevance.

It has more relevance than you think it does. Think of the Hawks vs Detroit, it is a mental thing for the players. Yes they are professional but you better believe that the Hawks are in the Wild players heads.

What the hell is a Wild? My buddies don't even know.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
No... but we don't see Hawks at their best very often. And before we hear it again ..... what has occurred with these teams in the past bares little relevance.

Really? Only when the games matter the most. Not often though. You're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad