GDT: Hawks VS Blues @ 7:30PM CT on NBCSCH -- Sharpie's Last Game in Blackhawks Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I love Sharpie as well but I must disagree with your sentiment. Bring in the kids.

What about as a 13th forward? That is where I would want him at if he was back. Nothing more.

Think Sharp wants to coach going forward or do TV? He doesn't scream coach like other do (Hossa, who I think would be a great coach).

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I’m fine having Sharp as 13th forward. Rather see him as 13 than some Tootoo or some kid who could benefit playing in A.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
/\ I'm hoping Wingels returns in the role of a veteran bottom 6 guy. Hawks have a lot of youngsters who I'd like to see fill out the bottom 6 with Wingels.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
See above regarding his best seasons...

Your 4th line role players...will often take a lot more faceoffs. Especially if they play on the PK... You know, since there is a guaranteed faceoff for every PK? This is a thing. For example, John Madden had a ridiculous number of faceoffs in 09-10...

Taking ANY significant number of faceoffs in a season....tells me you were playing center at some time. Again, that's the point of the faceoff numbers. That he was, in fact...playing center. Sharp never had really high faceoff numbers, because Toews was the one taking draws on the PP...and they were together on the PP a lot. And he hardly ever took PK faceoffs under Quenneville...

In typical Hawkaholic fashion, you are missing the ****ing forest for the trees. Not surprising at all.
See above regarding his best season and seasons.

Kampf had 35 faceoffs on the PK, and 0 on the PP. His numbers aren't skewed by high PK faceoff totals.

And yeah, Sharp palyed some time at C, but 300 faceoffs is nothing, it tells me he rarely played C at all. And 500 tells me he was really only a C half of the time approximately. He never had high faceoff numbers because he never was a true centreman in those years.

In typical Pez fashion, he thinks he's right when he is really wrong. No surprise.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I love Sharpie as well but I must disagree with your sentiment. Bring in the kids.

Plenty of spots for kids on this team and the competition is good. If the option is Sharp or some 2018 version Mashinter/Bollig which we always have, then I prefer Sharp

Reactions: BobbyJet

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
This game is meaningless for the Blues playoff picture I believe. So there is no umpf anymore since the Avs lost to the sharks it's just now a play in with their last game matchup.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
See above regarding his best season and seasons.

Kampf had 35 faceoffs on the PK, and 0 on the PP. His numbers aren't skewed by high PK faceoff totals.

And yeah, Sharp palyed some time at C, but 300 faceoffs is nothing, it tells me he rarely played C at all. And 500 tells me he was really only a C half of the time approximately. He never had high faceoff numbers because he never was a true centreman in those years.

In typical Pez fashion, he thinks he's right when he is really wrong. No surprise.

So now Sharp was never a true center?

I would think a guy with almost 20,000 posts on a hockey forum would know more about....hockey.

Welcome to ignore. Your posts are now a total waste of my time.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
This game is meaningless for the Blues playoff picture I believe. So there is no umpf anymore since the Avs lost to the sharks it's just now a play in with their last game matchup.

Not entirely. If the Blues win tonight in Reg or OT then the Avs have to beat them in Reg. If the Blues win in a SO then the Avs have to win in Reg or OT. If we beat the Blues then it's a true play in game.

Crazy ass tiebreaker rules...

Reactions: ClydeLee

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Plenty of spots for kids on this team and the competition is good. If the option is Sharp or some 2018 version Mashinter/Bollig which we always have, then I prefer Sharp

I agree but that is not the type of player Hawks have in the org vying for those spots, unless you categorize a guy like Martinsen as such. The kids are better than current day Sharp and they are the future.

Now, if Wingels does not return then I expect Sharp could play another season in his role.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Damn didn't realize Sharks/Avs played last night and Sharks won

Still hopefully Hawks win in regulation to deny Blues pts and give Avs chance to eliminate them Saturday

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I'd bring him back, unless he plans on retiring. Who is he taking a roster spot from? Jurco? Highmore? Ejdsell? Big deal. You can't ice a roster of 75-80% kids. Some of these guys may better served in Rockford.

He's a good locker room guy, and I'm sure he's helped mentor Debrincat. I don't have a problem with bringing him back, as long as Q leaves him on the 4th and gives him off-days.

"Alex DeBrincat, in particular, has pointed to Sharp as sort of a big brother. Sharp clearly sees some of younger self in the sharp-shooting DeBrincat."

Saad-Toews-Debrincat
Sikura-Schmaltz-Kane
Hino-Anisimov-Duclair
Sharp-Kampf-Hayden
Jurco
Ejdsell

---

Toews isn’t the general manager, but he doesn’t believe Sharp is done. Or, at least, that he should be, saying he still has “a crazy amount of talent.”

Jonathan Toews:
“It’s a tough situation, because how do you tell a guy like that that he can’t play anymore, just because there are so many young guys coming up?” Toews said. “To me, that’s not a reason. He can still bring a ton on the ice — we all know that, we’ve all seen that. He’s done really well [considering] the opportunities he’s gotten, and the ice time he’s gotten, and the chances he’s gotten to be in offensive situations. But he also brings a ton off the ice. He brings experience, he brings energy, he brings a presence and leadership in the locker room that I think all the young guys really respond to. Once you lose that, you feel the void. I don’t know what’s going to happen, but I’d love to see him back in the locker room again next year.”

Blackhawks fans get rare second chance to give Patrick Sharp a fond farewell

I would like to see the same forwards as you for next season, just aligned differently:

Duclair-Schmaltz-Kane
Sikura-Anisimov-DeBrincat
Saad-Toews-Hinostroza
Hayden-Kampf-Wingles
Jurco/Sharp

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015

You seem to forget that Q will fall in love with him and sit a younger more skilled player over and over. THAT is why you do not provide Q with this option too often.....if ever.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
After weeks of having our GDTs struggle, I make two consecutive GDTs that are well into their third page before puck drop. I must be made out of magic or something.

Reactions: cgf and Krivo25

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
One thing for sure for me is that I look at Hawks with an entirely different perspective this season (due to early elimination from POs). Unfortunate that we didn't see Fortin for a few games but it's all about seeing what the young players can do.

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Sharp has stolen back his A for the game
And his parents flew down for this despite them living near Winnipeg, where Sharpie will be tomorrow. Not to mention he's on the top line tonight.

He's not letting on any, but this sure feels like it's the end for #10.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
tumblr_p6qszoRRhh1w8vvh3o1_1280.png

There's a youth movement happening in Chicago. Specifically at the United Center and more specifically then that, the Blackhawks.

Bowman, who's been guaranteed to not be going anywhere anytime soon, is looking at the future and that means letting go of older players who's better days are behind them.

That more than likely includes three time cup champ, former Alternate Captain, and fan favorite Patrick Sharp.

Now I know Sharp wasn't the player we necessarily wanted here this season. But he wasn't taking up much cap space and he did help in a mentor role to guys like Alex DeBrincat.

And doesn't it feel nice to know that we have such a great organization (or at least did until this season happened) and city that a guy like Sharp was so eager to re-sign here? To be playing in front of us? To wear our colors and our logos as a badge of honor?

Those are rhetorical questions. I know the answers already. It's a big resounding yes.

So for all those who will be in attendance for the final home game of the season, be loud. Show him that this city appreciates all that he's done here. We didn't get the chance to say goodbye to Hossa, but we have the chance to say goodbye to Sharp. Make it count and try to enjoy the night to the best of your abilities.

Now feel free to post as many Sharpie gifs and videos as this site will physically allow.

tumblr_n4sg59KiSm1rs8jbdo4_500.gif

1dafb3e720e8e3957e8733fce57169b7.jpg
This was great. Thinking about never seeing sharp play again makes me sad

Reactions: BobbyJet

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
This Schenn dude seems like a punk. Is he related to the ones that used play for the Yotes, Kings and or Flyers?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
This Schenn dude seems like a punk. Is he related to the ones that used play for the Yotes, Kings and or Flyers?
Yes. They used to be on the flyers together and he was traded last offseason from philly

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Blues playing very physical and seem to be targeting Kane especially.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
He was also playing LW a lot with Toews.

The view of he was 1 thing when he moved back b forth a lot has been weird. The talk like he was totally a 2C in the postseason was even broken up with several games at wing. Theres games Versteeg was the legit 2nd line center and even Kopecky was in the spot.

They don't seem to get he was taking draws because of guys getting kicked out the circle, or being a RH shot so Q and Savard at the time had him taking them in the d-zone. He's already stated himself he feels best at LW (but as a team player said he'll play wherever). He was at wing even back then. Makes me miss Lang as a center. Dude was a soldier for us. Great veteran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad