GDT: Hawks VS Blues @ 7:30PM CT on NBCSCH -- Sharpie's Last Game in Blackhawks Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I 100% see both of your stances. Duclair seems like a feast or famine type prospect.
yea, and I still get why you can bring up Sharp with Duclair, not pound for pound on the player but hopeful for the same situation to happen where he takes off here if given that shot...I just don't think Q is a fan which likely buries that option.

the guy has skill, it is obvious every time he skates, but the tool box upstairs seems very lacking to me. I am not going to complain if we tender him, just hopefully nothing around $2mil as I think we can find much better options with that available money. he is still young so we can always hope!

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
yea, and I still get why you can bring up Sharp with Duclair, not pound for pound on the player but hopeful for the same situation to happen where he takes off here if given that shot...I just don't think Q is a fan which likely buries that option.

the guy has skill, it is obvious every time he skates, but the tool box upstairs seems very lacking to me. I am not going to complain if we tender him, just hopefully nothing around $2mil as I think we can find much better options with that available money. he is still young so we can always hope!

I think he should get 1.5-1.75.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think he should get 1.5-1.75.
I wouldn't cry over $1.75, would rather see him at $1.5mil....he has barely outperformed Wingels this year and he is at what, $1mil?? Duclair is younger and has more skill, but you have to produce so hopefully this is his range..

either way, this year sucks as I have spent 2 hours discussing Duclair lol!!!

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I wouldn't cry over $1.75, would rather see him at $1.5mil....he has barely outperformed Wingels this year and he is at what, $1mil?? Duclair is younger and has more skill, but you have to produce so hopefully this is his range..

either way, this year sucks as I have spent 2 hours discussing Duclair lol!!!

Talking hockey at all makes it worth it.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
:huh:

Sharp's best string of seasons was 07-08 to 10-11, with one outlier season in 13/14 where he put up 78 points. The rest of his best production as an NHL'er came in the years that I mentioned, of which I'm pretty sure he played center much of the time.

Facts do suck.

05-06 - 702 FOs
06-07 - 1008 FOs
07-08 - 594 FOs
08-09 - 566 FOs
09-10 - 466 FOs
10-11 - 508FOs

He played center pretty regularly from 05-11. You don't take 500+ FOs if you're not playing center a large chunk of the time.
"outlier" LOL.

His best season came when he wasn't a C. His 11-12 Season was just as good as his best season as a C, the season after he got hurt, and then had his best season as a LW after that.

his best season came as a LW, facts suck.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
"outlier" LOL.

His best season came when he wasn't a C. His 11-12 Season was just as good as his best season as a C, the season after he got hurt, and then had his best season as a LW after that.

his best season came as a LW, facts suck.

:laugh:

No one ever argued that his best season wasn't as a wing... So not sure what point you're trying to make. The point was that his best seasons, with the exception of one season(making it an outlier), all came when he played center regularly. That was the statement that was made. The argument that is being made is that he could have been left at center and it would have been just fine. He was moved to wing, where he had a couple good seasons. That's fine. No argument from me on that.

The point was that he should have just been left as a C.

I honestly think you argue just to f***ing argue most the time.

He played center here for 6 years. He played hockey here for 9 years before being traded the first time. All but the one career best season he had, were playing center regularly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pez68

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
:laugh:

No one ever argued that his best season wasn't as a wing... So not sure what point you're trying to make. The point was that his best seasons, with the exception of one season(making it an outlier), all came when he played center regularly. That was the statement that was made.
His best seasons were when he was at wing.

LW = 11-12 + 13-14 = 147pts in 156GP = 0.94pts/gm
C = 09-10 + 10-11 = 137pts in 156GP = 0.87pts/gm

And I could argue his 11-12 season was an outlier to the rest of his time at C.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
His best seasons were when he was at wing.

LW = 11-12 + 13-14 = 147pts in 156GP = 0.94pts/gm
C = 09-10 + 10-11 = 137pts in 156GP = 0.87pts/gm

And I could argue his 11-12 season was an outlier to the rest of his time at C.

He played center regularly from 05-06 - 10-11...

Way to try and cherry pick stats to prove your point, though. :shakehead

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He played center from 05-06 - 10-11...

Way to try and cherry pick stats to prove your point, though. :shakehead
What does that have to do with anything? We are talking about his best seasons. I took his 2 best seasons from when he was a C, and his 2 best seasons as a LW.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Any excuse to post this video is okay in my book:

As for what Sharp's going to do, I'm fully expecting that he'll become a full-time analyst in the very near future. Local or national, no clue. But can't change the channel when the dreamboat's on.

And as for this game, we either ruin the Blues' day or help our lotto odds. Win-win.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
What does that have to do with anything? We are talking about his best seasons. I took his 2 best seasons from when he was a C, and his 2 best seasons as a LW.

You're using a season for your argument that he played center in pretty regularly in 11-12, for one. He took 300 draws in 11-12. That's a pretty good chunk of time at C.

Your argument is flawed. His best season as a pro was as a LW, that is it. One single, career best season. He shouldn't have ever been moved from C. There was no reason to, except Q gonna Q, which was the original point being argued, I believe.

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I personally consider 2009-2010 to be Sharp's best season. Because he was a f***ing PPG player in the playoffs, and the playoffs are quite a bit more important than the regular season. He carried that playoff performance on through the entire 2010-2011 season, AND playoffs, as a center, as almost a PPG player(.94PPG)....

From 2009-2011, regular season and playoffs, Sharp was a .89 PPG player.

I love how your stats are just looking at the regular season. For a fan of the Blackhawks, one would think the playoffs were a pretty important part of the season.

The point, is that there was no f***ing reason to move him to wing. Because he was playing great as a center...and the Hawks had a huge hole at center... Moving him to wing did not make any difference in his production.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You're using a season for your argument that he played center in pretty regularly as well, in 11-12. He took 300 draws in 11-12. That's a pretty good chunk of time at C.

Your argument is flawed. His best season as a pro was as a LW, that is it. One single, career best season. He shouldn't have ever been moved from C. There was no reason to, except Q gonna Q, which was the original point being argued, I believe.
300 draws is not a lot.
And I seem to remember him taking draws because we needed a guy to take draws, not because he was playing C.
For instance, Kampf took over 500 draws this year, yet played a 4th line role, for only half the season.

So even in those seasons Sharp did take 500 draws, he basically played half of the season or more as a winger.

From 07-08 to 10-11, he took as many faceoffs as a guy who played half of the season as a 4th liner.

I'm not sure I argued anything other than his best season, and seasons came as a Winger.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
How I miss prime Sharp. The speed, grit, defense and his ability to bury the puck. Unfortunately, nostalgia doesn't win games or Cup's.

Hoping he has a big game tonight, may be his last at the UC. Wouldn't be opposed (or surprised) if he signed for less than he did this past year. Dude loves Chicago.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I wonder when Sharp will get his jersey retirement night....next season or will they wait a year or two.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
300 draws is not a lot.
And I seem to remember him taking draws because we needed a guy to take draws, not because he was playing C.
For instance, Kampf took over 500 draws this year, yet played a 4th line role, for only half the season.

So even in those seasons Sharp did take 500 draws, he basically played half of the season or more as a winger.

From 07-08 to 10-11, he took as many faceoffs as a guy who played half of the season as a 4th liner.

I'm not sure I argued anything other than his best season, and seasons came as a Winger.

See above regarding his best seasons...

Your 4th line role players...will often take a lot more faceoffs. Especially if they play on the PK... You know, since there is a guaranteed faceoff for every PK? This is a thing. For example, John Madden had a ridiculous number of faceoffs in 09-10...

Taking ANY significant number of faceoffs in a season....tells me you were playing center at some time. Again, that's the point of the faceoff numbers. That he was, in fact...playing center. Sharp never had really high faceoff numbers, because Toews was the one taking draws on the PP...and they were together on the PP a lot. And he hardly ever took PK faceoffs under Quenneville...

In typical Hawkaholic fashion, you are missing the f***ing forest for the trees. Not surprising at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiHawks10

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
I wonder when Sharp will get his jersey retirement night....next season or will they wait a year or two.
As long as Toews, Keith, Seabrook and Kane are in that locker room, regardless if it's retired or not, nobody is wearing #10.

My guess is a year or two.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
See above regarding his best seasons...

Your 4th line role players...will often take a lot more faceoffs. Especially if they play on the PK... You know, since there is a guaranteed faceoff for every PK? This is a thing. For example, John Madden had a ridiculous number of faceoffs in 09-10...

Taking ANY significant number of faceoffs in a season....tells me you were playing center at some time. Again, that's the point of the faceoff numbers. That he was, in fact...playing center. Sharp never had really high faceoff numbers, because Toews was the one taking draws on the PP...and they were together on the PP a lot. And he hardly ever took PK faceoffs under Quenneville...

In typical Hawkaholic fashion, you are missing the ****ing forest for the trees. Not surprising at all.
He was also playing LW a lot with Toews.

The view of he was 1 thing when he moved back b forth a lot has been weird. The talk like he was totally a 2C in the postseason was even broken up with several games at wing. Theres games Versteeg was the legit 2nd line center and even Kopecky was in the spot.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
He was also playing LW a lot with Toews.

The view of he was 1 thing when he moved back b forth a lot has been weird. The talk like he was totally a 2C in the postseason was even broken up with several games at wing. Theres games Versteeg was the legit 2nd line center and even Kopecky was in the spot.

You're right.

Which, again, to the point...doesn't make any sense... He was a center all his life. He was drafted as a center. He was a center with Philly. It's a big reason they moved him. They were stacked at center and had no room for him. He played center with great success, for several seasons. And then, one day, he just wasn't a center anymore.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
the same day they do Tony Amonte who was explosive here and worked with turds his last few seasons here. not going to start another debate, but Amonte should get it before Sharp - but RINGS matter so forget it Tony!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad