Pre-Game Talk: Hawks vs Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Even though it would potentially suck that the Hawks wouldn't be in the playoff race, it's best long-term for the Hawks to be bad right now. Keep building for the future.
Guys I'd shop this winter:
Gustafsson
Saad
Shaw

and hopefully they can find a taker for Smith.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Even though it would potentially suck that the Hawks wouldn't be in the playoff race, it's best long-term for the Hawks to be bad right now. Keep building for the future.
Gustafsson
Saad
Shaw

Stan isn't going to bail so early. That would deflate the locker room. Last season the team actually made a push in the latter half of the year. It could totally happen again.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Stan isn't going to bail so early. That would deflate the locker room. Last season the team actually made a push in the latter half of the year. It could totally happen again.
I wouldn't shop them until around the ASB, if the Hawks are still hovering around the bottom 5-7 teams in the NHL. Obviously you don't want to deflate the room.

As an aside, I absolutely hate that Nylander is only averaging 12 minutes. You traded Jokiharju for him. He's on the first line. Quit double shifting Kane on a lost season and develop your best forward prospect outside of Dach. If they're rolling out 19 and 20, 92 should be out with them.

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I wouldn't shop them until around the ASB, if the Hawks are still hovering around the bottom 5-7 teams in the NHL. Obviously you don't want to deflate the room.

As an aside, I absolutely hate that Nylander is only averaging 12 minutes. You traded Jokiharju for him. He's on the first line. Quit double shifting Kane on a lost season and develop your best forward prospect outside of Dach. If they're rolling out 19 and 20, 92 should be out with them.
until Nylander starts producing point of some sort, he will stay there.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Gustafsson
Saad
Shaw
Kane
Toews
Keith
Seabs (buyout or whatever)

With cap tied up in core this team will not improve much if at all.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
With cap tied up in core this team will not improve much if at all.
That's the point, and why it's better that they just let themselves go for a couple years until Keith/Seabs retire and Toews is actually paid what he's worth now. They have too much cap tied up in older players. It's the price of success.

Reactions: BrianE

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
That's the point, and why it's better that they just let themselves go for a couple years until Keith/Seabs retire and Toews is actually paid what he's worth now. They have too much cap tied up in older players. It's the price of success.

Yeah do agree.

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Pretty pumped up going to the game tonight! Just saw it looks like Ian Mitchell and DU have a lil break, gotta think the hawks are getting him to the game right? Unless he’s back home for Thanksgiving I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad