Pre-Game Talk: Hawks vs Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
4k is probably going to be playing so if you’re going to have a guy sitting in the press box every night it’s probably best it’s McCoshen

Ha.. totally forgot Koekkoek is still around. I still would've called Boqvist up and let Koekkoek stay in the press box depending how long Keith is out.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
saw the game and couldn't post right away......

here is what i saw, 3 even maybe 4 d-man really had a horrible game , funny Seabs wasn't one of them.

CC did not have a good game..... esp those glove high corner shots.

the forwards as a whole, they must've eaten too much yesterday, b/c they had no step, no nothing today.

even shaw's fight really didn't do anything.

the Bhawks were outclass by the superior team today.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
A Black Friday indeed...oops ...cannot ise thecrm Black ..politically incorrect racial bias etc...ok...so how do we then Express the foul mood after this one?

HAWKS laya big turkey?But we do not want to hurt the feelings of any turkeys out there,do we? SO how about something like this 1 day after Thanksgiving (American)

"Thanks for what?This?"

"Thanks for nothing...cause weight nothing!"?

Still do not like the summation?"

How about..."the stats lied except on the scoreboard"...for a change Hawks won all the advanced stats but somehow fell back...did notcadvance.

Look ...they gotta big jump on thecHawksctovstart the gamesand just a few minutes in...Hawks down 2cznd chasing from behind and you just knew they would never manage to overcome it...you just
knew the game was over ...hard to watch when you know your team just can't...

Gotta havexstars...big guns that star....Hawks haveconlyvKanr..no ody else even honourable mention as a star.

Hope has left the building...rather than mudflecto some middle,Hawks shouldcjust tank it.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
He was a little off his game, but the result wasn't entirely his fault. He probably should have had 2 of the 5 goals against. Several skaters had real bad games defensively- Gus in particular.

Mistakes happen. In the NHL, a goalie needs to bail out his team every once in a while. Crow let in every single mistake. I can't recall a great save, to be honest. You give up 23 shots and you should win. Crow was crap. Even on some of the pucks he stopped, he was scrambling all over. He tracked the puck terribly. The second goal was a great example. After that shot hit him, he didn't even move. He had no idea where he had just put that rebound.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I also wonder with Highmore being sent down it means Strome is returning for tomorrow? Unless Colliton plans on dressing 7 D again...

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Crawford has been abysmal at battling through screens this season too. Too deep in his net, not aggressive at all. It's why he's been so bad on the PK.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Another bottom line:

Their 1C had 4 points.including a goal..our 1C had only 1 point and of course,no goals (as usual)....thatvain't good my friends...usually spells trouble if that mano a mano is lost so badly.

Again another offensive problem is that except for Lane there are horrible shooters among the rest of the forwards...huge "off years " for Toews D-Cat and Shaw = not beating g goalies frequently enough to help us win..

And of course ....goaltending is 70% of winning...so when theirvgoalie gives a .944 and ours gives a .783 ...well no chance ....you gonna lose.

Winning teams capitalize on mistakes by the opps...losers get punished by the opps when they make mistakes except if their goalies bail them out....no bailing out this game by Crawford..

It was not fun to watch the game basically over already 2 goals down just minutes into period 1
..and you knew Hawks just were stuffed turkey in this "show" for which hoodvpaying customers and invested viewers on t.v. expected better from their heroes who let them down so badly against an elite team who were missing 2 of their star forstvliners and it was the healthy 1C of their top line who renai ed and killed the Hawks with a 4 point night.

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
Dach needs to just shoot it there.
He'll figure it out, he doesn't want to be the guy that will not pass. We had too many opportunities to shoot but we continue to try the fancy pass and The Avs are off to the races.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Don't coach the creativity out of Dach. He could've shot on the rush where he almost walked the avs defender with a curl and drag but he lost the puck last second. He was 1 on 1 with goalie if he completed that move with a decent chance to score. If theres a guy I'm tired of seeing try to complete that kind of move its Saad because he doesn't have the skill to make it work ever...

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Mistakes happen. In the NHL, a goalie needs to bail out his team every once in a while. Crow let in every single mistake. I can't recall a great save, to be honest. You give up 23 shots and you should win. Crow was crap. Even on some of the pucks he stopped, he was scrambling all over. He tracked the puck terribly. The second goal was a great example. After that shot hit him, he didn't even move. He had no idea where he had just put that rebound.
The second goal it looked like it deflected off Toews skate or leg and didn't even reach Crawford from the limited look I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad