Pre-Game Talk: Hawks vs Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Back to back games against the Avs. These are going to be huge. Not sure how they'll manage without Strome.

I'm thinking this team is still lacking top 6 wingers.

?-Toews-?
DeBrincat-Dach-Kane
Saad-Strome-Nylander
Kubalik-Carpenter-Shaw
Caggiula/Kampf/Smith

There are no proper 1st liners to play with Toews. You can put plugs like Caggiula with him but it goes to show that this roster is complete if we're looking to contend.

I'm thinking Gus will have to be moved for a top 6 winger, and Boqvist will have to be ready to take his place. I can't think of any other player we could move to help us acquire a top 6 winger. Maybe Gus for Ryan Strome...

Last edited:
Reactions: d rake

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Trade/don't re-sign Saad, Shaw, Crawford, Gustafsson, Smith, Murphy (if Seabrook can't be moved). Sign Hall.

Hall - Dach - Kane
Cat - Strome - Carpenter
Nylander - Toews - Kubalik
Caggiula - Highmore - Sikura

Keith - Boqvist
Maatta - Mitchell
de Haan - Seabrook
Gilbert

Lehner
Delia

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Bummed I'm most likely missing this game. Wanted to watch Makar. After 24 games he's on pace for 85 points still. :laugh:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Yrs...Toews =3rd liner pace (.5 ppg) NOT 1st liner pace(.85 ppg = absolute Minimum IF you do other things of value....for real Star players it is a standard of OVER 1point a game = 82+ points for 82 GP....or another standard is 30+ goals and about 40 assists because goals are most important than secondary assists pumping up point totals ...by any standard you can use Toews isn't just a 3rd liner pace ...not 1st or even 2nd liner pace).

You think Hall would help Toews get back to 1st liner pace?Probably Roews would drag him down.

Fact is Hawks do not have any 1st liner players now...Unless you designate any line with Kane that.Butvsince Toews iscablegend forvthe Cup era years,hecstilk getsctop linevdesignation.The reality is that in his re sound year last season he justifiedctge designation...but not for the 3 seasons prior to last season nor this season so far..

JLarucci23

May 22, 2015
Chicago, IL
Trade/don't re-sign Saad, Shaw, Crawford, Gustafsson, Smith, Murphy (if Seabrook can't be moved). Sign Hall.

Hall - Dach - Kane
Cat - Strome - Carpenter
Nylander - Toews - Kubalik
Caggiula - Highmore - Sikura

Keith - Boqvist
Maatta - Mitchell
de Haan - Seabrook
Gilbert

Lehner
Delia
This post isn’t getting enough love.
I’d love for the Hawks to sign Hall. I’ve been a big fan of his for a while now and that first line you out together would be absolutely disgusting.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Crow has official switched to full Bauer gear (helmet, glove, blocker, and pads). Look for him to be a tad quicker along the ice as the Bauer 2X pads are crazy fast.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I still love you guys for scoring that last second goal against the Blues two years ago and helping us get that game 82 win for the last playoff spot.

Happy holidays gents.

Reactions: Lemonlimey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad