GDT: Hawks @ Vegas 9pm ESPN + 4-16-24

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Vlasic has such a Hammer-esque stick and positioning. So good.

Him hitting is a big deal for this team moving forward.

Not me man, it’s been painful. I just hope there’s some improvement next year in all facets.
There will be. Full season of Nazar more likely than not. KK with an offseason to strengthen up, and polish his game a bit. Bedard adding some more strength, and probably having some more talent to work with. Couple other guys probably making the jump. It'll be more fun for sure.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
But don't you think it's a bit early to have a strong opinion on a 19 yr old defenseman who has been anchored with linemates like Megna and an all-around bad team?
I value him. I think he’s obviously an NHLer. Even just stuff agnostic from his partner. Like I just don’t think the instincts are high end. I don’t see like a dynamic top pair guy, mind wise.

I’m not saying he’s bad, or that I want to ditch him. Just that my expectations for him have shifted, and I think it’s certainly harder playing with Megna, but he also hasn’t done himself any favors.

Reactions: Geoist

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I value him. I think he’s obviously an NHLer. Even just stuff agnostic from his partner. Like I just don’t think the instincts are high end. I don’t see like a dynamic top pair guy, mind wise.

I’m not saying he’s bad, or that I want to ditch him. Just that my expectations for him have shifted, and I think it’s certainly harder playing with Megna, but he also hasn’t done himself any favors.
I think we see a completely different player right now if he's playing with Murphy all season, and not Megna or Tinordi. That was likely the plan. SJ - Vlasic, and Murphy - KK as the top 4.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Not watching but I see in the box score that Bedard has no sog through 2 periods. How does he look? He’s really hit a wall these last half dozen games or so

I enjoy every second. Love chatting in here. Love the season. Love the shitty games even. The ones we get blown out. We’ll get better.
It’s hockey. I can watch any hockey game. Im
that dork that want to go early and stay late to drink beers and watch random bronze squirt games before and after my kids’ games

Reactions: ChiHawks10 and TLEH

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Vlasic has such a Hammer-esque stick and positioning. So good.

Him hitting is a big deal for this team moving forward.

There will be. Full season of Nazar more likely than not. KK with an offseason to strengthen up, and polish his game a bit. Bedard adding some more strength, and probably having some more talent to work with. Couple other guys probably making the jump. It'll be more fun for sure.
Agreed, and it looks to me like Vlassic is going to be a super solid D for many years, he is on a great trajectory

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
I'm gonna pick up a bottle of bourbon for Thursday, and pour a nice glass when Tinordi skates his last shift for this team. I can't think of a player I have ever disliked more.
Brandon Manning was only here for like 20 games, but he was actually hampering a team that still had playoff potential. I think Tinordi wins out as my most hated Hawk.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
1) Nazar will learn to be harder there.
2) jones should support that better, he took an awkward angle.
3) need a save
Those are the types of things that have hampered Mrazek from being an above-average NHL starter throughout his career. He plays fantastic, then randomly gives up goals that an NHL goalie really shouldn't ever give up.

Happer grand slam baby
Take that Cubby love to the right thread bruh. :thumbu:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
The woman working this game has to be the most monotone, robotic person I have ever heard on a hockey broadcast.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The broadcaster saying "Wins the battle on the wall." there against Nazar is kinda braindead. It wasn't a battle... it was a simple stick lift.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad