GDT: Hawks @ Vegas 9pm ESPN + 4-16-24

Hakoon

Oct 11, 2018
Athanasiou, Donato, Anderson, Raddysh, Tinordi, Blackwell, Entwhistle, Both Johnsons, Megna, Zaitsev Soderblum..... almost half the roster are "nuthin" players

Reactions: Pez68

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
They blew the goal horn, so I kind of get it. They don't have a view like we do.
You could immediately hear the obvious clunk of the crossbar. They're looking at screens close up, and probably wearing headphones. That's why I said a blind man knew it wasn't in. :laugh:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
You could immediately hear the obvious clunk of the crossbar. They're looking at screens close up, and probably wearing headphones. That's why I said a blind man knew it wasn't in. :laugh:
They're probably watching the live game on the ice from the press box, not the video screen.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
They're probably watching the live game on the ice from the press box, not the video screen.
Don't most broadcasters and play-by-play folks watch the games on screens right in front of them on the desk? Hard to call play-by-play from one angle looking at the ice live, way up in the booth. Could swear that's how I've always seen Hawks broadcasters doing it.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Don't most broadcasters and play-by-play folks watch the games on screens right in front of them on the desk? Hard to call play-by-play from one angle looking at the ice live, way up in the booth. Could swear that's how I've always seen Hawks broadcasters doing it.

No, not really. They have monitors, but they're watching the game on the ice. I've sat right next to them at the United Center. Press box almost always has great sight lines, too.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Geoist

May 1, 2015
shutouts are insanely frustrating. hopefully we see a lot fewer of them next season (on the losing end).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad