Hawks Prospects at WJC

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Amd Sweden beats USA 4-2 despite the best efforts of Tim Soderlund to blow it for the Swedes...Soderlund who played so well in the other games for Sedin was horrible today..just did not have his usual jump or pursuit of the puck ...I wonder if he was a boy under the weather because Sweden did not pkay him all game with Steen and Lundestrom abd theirv line with Soderlund was Seeden best then last 2 games. But forcso me reason they took Soderlund off the line to start this game amd never put him back with them ..so in effect he got put back on to the 4th line from the 3rd line ..Anyway ,either not feeling 109% or maybe pouting cause he got sent down a line for seemingly no good reason of prior pkay. ..whatever he just did not pkay that we'll today and like I said almost blew the 4-0 lead for Sedin because he wax on for both USA goals and was a primary causebofvthose both..a Country Club attempt to check Bellows in the left corner so Bellows able to pass puck out to team-mate to the right of the goal then Soderlund does not stay on Bellows ..allowing him to getbto the crease forcavreturn pass ...so cruising instead of hustling to check Bellows in the corner and a half -hearted check when he got there then not staying in Bellows to ensure he never got to the crease
.all those flaws on Soderlund on that score by USA on their 1st goal ..Then he makes anotherblatecandvfeebke checking attempt on thevshoiternofvyhe 2nd USA goal which was when Soderlund was on pk..Then after USA back to 4-2 down and only 2 minutes and change left in the game,Soderlundctalescacstupudctripping penalty again attempting a stumbling por check on his guy up the niddle atvtgecstartbofvthisvseason Sedish blue line..Giving USA A chance to pull theirv goalie forcacre-set 6 on 4 ..somehow Seeden survived that ..but still 3 hortodvshiftsvmearvthe end of the 3 Rd period cost Sedin 2 goals and almost led to getting bit back down to a 1 goal deficit. .all involving bad pkay by Soderlund...it was surprising because he had played so well in the other games ..but this crucial game and he stunk..worstvSedebon then I've. .I give him a mulligan if he was not feeling well..but otherwise he woukd be benched for such horrid jo hustle ..and stupidbpjay ..His worst game of the tournament ..and stupidbpjay disappointing to see ..not so fast that he will help us if henpjaysblije that ..Sick?Nerves in a key game? DO NOT KNOW ...but he was honestly very very poor performing in this game and cost his team ..Not 9f ten you can singlenout 1 guy..but in this case he realyvwasxa culprit on 2 USA goals and almost causing disaster with that penalty with just 2 monutes remaining ...Sorry I had to report thus for those not viewing the game ...again shocking because he had played extremely well in the bother games..

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Soderlund scored on the shorthand in the gold medal game. They're about to head into 2nd intermission

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Soderlund named player of the game for Sweden. Ray Ferrero made a comment like "he's goingto be an NHLer if all he does is kill penalties." Loved what I saw from him tonight.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Credit to Soderlund for a rebound game..He was terrible in their Seni-final game almost costing them the game ....on for 2 goals against ...one 100% his fault and the other at leastc50% his fault on weak support checking ..Then he takes a tripping penalty out at this with 2 monutes remaining and Sweden up by just a goal. ..This meant a 6 on 4 for the Swedish pk as the net was empty for the extra attacker on the PP ..Sweden survived but still Soderlund had a terrible game on that day. .Otherwise he was great all prior games to that and of course got the only Sweden goal o the Gold Medal loss for them and played very well throughout that game .....If a player has 1 off game every 5 or 6 aganes but plays well in the other games of each 5 orc6 game set of games then I will take that ...of only our Blackhawks coukd all play well every 5/6 games with only 1 stinker among them!

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Credit to Soderlund for a rebound game..He was terrible in their Seni-final game almost costing them the game ....on for 2 goals against ...one 100% his fault and the other at leastc50% his fault on weak support checking ..Then he takes a tripping penalty out at this with 2 monutes remaining and Sweden up by just a goal. ..This meant a 6 on 4 for the Swedish pk as the net was empty for the extra attacker on the PP ..Sweden survived but still Soderlund had a terrible game on that day. .Otherwise he was great all prior games to that and of course got the only Sweden goal o the Gold Medal loss for them and played very well throughout that game .....If a player has 1 off game every 5 or 6 aganes but plays well in the other games of each 5 orc6 game set of games then I will take that ...of only our Blackhawks coukd all play well every 5/6 games with only 1 stinker among them!
many thanks for this great update..... very simple and to the point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad