GDT: Hawks @ Jets 7pm 1/11/24 nbc sports Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I have no idea how you can defend the play of Tinordi. He's a mess defensively. It's not even like he's slow and can't keep up he's got zero hockey IQ in his own zone. He's underrated offensively and he's a legit heavyweight but you can't have those on defense if they can't play.

I said it the other day but I mean it when I say you play Tinordi on the wing. Chase guys all you want and throw your weight around.
I'm not defending anyone. I'm laying the blame where it belongs.... on 23 who should be ashamed on a fly by at that point in a game.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
It's easy to get a bunch of guys fighting to stay in the NHL to work hard.
I don't like to pick on Hawks but the prior holder of mr. softee/ragdoll from the last few years took the title back from this year's designated holder at crunch time and cost the Hawks. If PK doesn't score some now he was being buoyed up by CB.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Back to back games where the combo Kurashev’s either indifference or lack of understanding to man marking and Tinordi’s general “this is why he got demoted out of the NHL” suckiness cost the Hawks game. Kinda funny it happened back to back games in such a way.

I just saw the standing ovation. Did the Jets win the Cup? Maybe those Stanley cups that people are fighting over at Target?
Think it’s related to their win streak. Maybe a franchise record or something.

Reactions: DisgruntledHawkFan

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I don't like to pick on Hawks but the prior holder of mr. softee/ragdoll from the last few years took the title back from this year's designated holder at crunch time and cost the Hawks. If PK doesn't score some now he was being buoyed up by CB.
He's a third line winger. He was absolutely being carried by Bedard.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
raddysh and enswhistle both useless
The question that raises is who takes a seat when the injured come back. If KD thinks he's going get a call about those guys at the trade deadline he won't. I'd say Mrazek, Foligno, Dickinson and possibly Blackwell will draw attention so those doing worse than the others can take a seat down the stretch.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The question that raises is who takes a seat when the injured come back. If KD thinks he's going get a call about those guys at the trade deadline he won't. I'd say Mrazek, Foligno, Dickinson and possibly Blackwell will draw attention so those doing worse than the others can take a seat down the stretch.
Who takes a seat? Katchouk, Sanford, Johnson and Seney. Who should take a seat is the real question.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Back to back games where the combo Kurashev’s either indifference or lack of understanding to man marking and Tinordi’s general “this is why he got demoted out of the NHL” suckiness cost the Hawks game. Kinda funny it happened back to back games in such a way.

Think it’s related to their win streak. Maybe a franchise record or something.
Jets are having a franchise year. This is their 31st straight game allowing three goals or less. Only four times in NHL history have there been longer streaks.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
The question that raises is who takes a seat when the injured come back.
Katchouk, Sanford, Entwistle, Blackwell, Pitlick… it’s not like the hawks don’t have a shortage of bums to scratch.

Jets are having a franchise year. This is their 31st straight game allowing three goals or less. Only four times in NHL history have there been longer streaks.
Good for them given their dire financial situation.

• Haha
Reactions: MarkWheeler

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Who takes a seat? Katchouk, Sanford, Johnson and Seney. Who should take a seat is the real question.
I'm hoping the Hawks sign Nazar and Slaggert and burn a year of their elcs this season so they can be lined up with the guy I don't want to jinx by talking about him too much. Musto was right about the last guy I overestimated and too many prospects haven't panned out so I try to stay quietly optimistic now.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Katchouk is an idiot but he's got lots of tools.
His tools are he's a 4th line grinder body that plays like he wants to be a skilled 1st line forward. Dude should just go collect his 1 way contract money playing a 1st line AHL role, he seems like he'd be happier that way. After this contract he should probably just go to the KHL to do the same (KHL can pay competitive salaries with NHL minimums).

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
His tools are he's a 4th line grinder body that plays like he wants to be a skilled 1st line forward. Dude should just go collect his 1 way contract money playing a 1st line AHL role, he seems like he'd be happier that way.
He's got hands, size, and a shot. He's got a bit of psycho in him to boot. Entwistle and Reese are more consistent but they suck eggs. Katchouk should be playing more.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
He's got hands, size, and a shot. He's got a bit of psycho in him to boot. Entwistle and Reese are more consistent but they suck eggs. Katchouk should be playing more.
Honestly think the chances we're looking at the situation in the 2026 offseason and viewing a 28 year old Boris Katchouk as someone in the mix in any capacity are close to nill, so I don't view his ice time as particularly imperative. Just a guy that never managed to become the type of player he needed to be given his toolkit.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Honestly think the chances we're looking at the situation in the 2026 offseason and viewing a 28 year old Boris Katchouk as someone in the mix in any capacity are close to nill, so I don't view his ice time as particularly imperative. Just a guy that never managed to become the type of player he needed to be given his toolkit.
It's not imperative but good lord him hitting waivers over Reese or Mackenzie is a joke.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The next time you criticize Tinordi will be the first. I've been a Reichel fan boy since I saw him with Rockford. When he makes mistakes I say it.
Bedard is hurt. What does he have to do with it?

With Seth out, Tinordi (and Murphy) are thrust into a position they have no business being in but neither were bad tonight. No matter, some folks will always find a way to blame shit on Tinordi.

And Reichel in this game: a flash here and there, otherwise pretty much invisible as per usual. I reckon he will in RFD when the team is healthy again.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Bedard is hurt. What does he have to do with it?

With Seth out, Tinordi (and Murphy) are thrust into a position they have no business being in but neither were bad tonight. No matter, some folks will always find a way to blame shit on Tinordi.

And Reichel in this game: a flash here and there, otherwise pretty much invisible as per usual. I reckon he will in RFD when the team is healthy again.
No idea why you're mentioning Bedard. I didn't in what you quoted me on.

Tinordi got blamed by people for being bad. Which he was. Again.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
No idea why you're mentioning Bedard. I didn't in what you quoted me on.

Tinordi got blamed by people for being bad. Which he was. Again.
Yeah... sorry I misread and thought you mentioned Bedard.

I know Tinordi has had his struggles playing so much but he had a pretty good game tonight as did most of the team. He and Murph could have played that better but if Kurashev did his (simple) job it would have been academic.
If Tinordi had happened to be on the ice for the game winner, I'm sure some would have laid the blame on him again. Such is the life of a whipping boy.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

I know Tinordi has had his struggles playing so much but he had a pretty good game tonight as did most of the team. He and Murph could have played that better but if Kurashev did his (simple) job it would have been academic.
If Tinordi had happened to be on the ice for the game winner, I'm sure some would have laid the blame on him again. Such is the life of a whipping boy.
Boxcar levels at this point. Tinordi is legit terrible.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Tinodi is a 7th DMan being asked to do something he isn't capable of given the situation. Now that Jones is out, the fans need a new older guy to blame everything on so that the young guys can be shielded from honest criticism.

Reactions: BobbyJet

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Tinodi is a 7th DMan being asked to do something he isn't capable of given the situation. Now that Jones is out, the fans need a new older guy to blame everything on so that the young guys can be shielded from honest criticism.
He's an AHLer.

He isn't shielding anyone from criticism he just earns his own because he is legit not an NHL player.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

I've been posting here for nineteen years. I've always posted my honest thoughts whether or not they were popular. Tinordi is lost defensively. No idea where to be in his own zone. Dude sucks. I've got a history of loving depth guys. No idea how you aren't seeing it.

Reactions: Pez68

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Who have I shielded from criticism? LuRich is playing Tinordi too much. Has nothing to do with age. It's poor coaching.

Tinordi sucks all on his own.

Reactions: Pez68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad