GDT: Hawks @ Jets 7pm 1/11/24 nbc sports Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Korchinski is "surviving" because he's a 7th overall pick that the Hawks really want to develop, and yeah, pressures, diamonds. He also has the same number of assists as a bum like Tinordi with about 2 and a half more minutes of powerplay time per game. Hopefully he can improve.
Tinordi is having a lucky season. Are you seriously arguing that Korchinski is Tinordi's equal offensively?

Reactions: BHawks77 and Pez68

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Korchinski is "surviving" because he's a 7th overall pick that the Hawks really want to develop, and yeah, pressures, diamonds. He also has the same number of assists as a bum like Tinordi with about 2 and a half more minutes of powerplay time per game. Hopefully he can improve.
Korchinski likely shouldn't be here (in my opinion). But he also isn't going to learn how to be assertive in the WHL and that is what he needs most.

I wish he was in Rockford but it is what it is.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It's a poor faith argument.
How so? If the argument is Korchinski is here on merit and Tinordi is not, then why is it wrong to point out? Is Korchinski's stellar defensive play and penalty killing work the key separator? Obviously not.

It's also silly in the first place... Tinordi's been a scratch plenty of times, Korchinski never has. If Tinordi is blocking anyone it's Isaak Phillips, who was brutal as well.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I loved Maatta. I loved Kopecky. I loved Soderberg.

I was a third wheel winger. I played with an edge. I was a coaches pet. I get those guys playing too much. I was that guy.

It's not a good way to build a team.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I loved Maatta. I loved Kopecky. I loved Soderberg.

I was a third wheel winger. I played with an edge. I was a coaches pet. I get those guys playing too much. I was that guy.

It's not a good way to build a team.
Yes, and I hope the Hawks can find a way to tank 24-25 without ticking Bedard off, because there is still a major high-end talent devoid aside from Bedard.

Reactions: nmgrbhfn

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
How so? If the argument is Korchinski is here on merit and Tinordi is not, then why is it wrong to point out? Is Korchinski's stellar defensive play and penalty killing work the key separator? Obviously not.

It's also silly in the first place... Tinordi's been a scratch plenty of times, Korchinski never has. If Tinordi is blocking anyone it's Isaak Phillips, who was brutal as well.
Why point it out if you're agreeing it's a nonsensical argument? Korchinski hasn't been scratched because he's nineteen and shouldn't be scratched. Tinordi blows and when he's bad defensively there's zero upside offensively. Korchinski makes things happen. Tinordi is on a career high because he's playing too much. KK has been unlucky.

Reactions: Giovi

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'm not sure why anyone would choose to die on a hill for Tinordi.

He has smartest man in the room syndrome. He honestly believes we're all wrong about the coaching and roster decisions, and he's right. It's f***ing hilarious, honestly. Straight up Dunning-Krugering this forum.

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
I tried to watch a period and a half, why, I don't know.
Hawks were always just hanging on IMO.
Reichel just doesn't do anything. Kurashev was brutal on the goal given up.
Murphy and Tinordi positioning reminds of The Benny Hill Show, complete with music.
If I hear Ms. Chelios telling me one more time how hard these guys are working my head will explode.
Can someone please tell Voesters that it is called the blueline not the blue...line.
Structurally I am watching HS hockey with a HS announcing team. Absolutely unacceptable.

Again, why did I watch?

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Murphy and Tinordi positioning reminds of The Benny Hill Show, complete with music.
If I hear Ms. Chelios telling me one more time how hard these guys are working my head will explode.
Can someone please tell Voesters that it is called the blueline not the blue...line.
Structurally I am watching HS hockey with a HS announcing team. Absolutely unacceptable.

Again, why did I watch?

Beats me :huh:.

I haven't watched a lick of the games after Bedard was ruled out for 6-8 weeks. Hell, I shut the Devils game off after they announced that Bedard was finished for the night.

Yet some how, some way the team is 1-2 in the 3 games played since his injury and the games are all close in score. 4-3 win, 2-1 loss, 2-1 loss.

Now, these 1 goal losses... are they actually close games or are the Hawks being consistently outplayed and benefitting from good goaltending, lucky breaks, posts etc?

This current roster is hot garbage.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Again, why did I watch?

This is where I'm at.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
He has smartest man in the room syndrome. He honestly believes we're all wrong about the coaching and roster decisions, and he's right. It's f***ing hilarious, honestly. Straight up Dunning-Krugering this forum.
Enough with the constant insults.

Reactions: BobbyJet

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
As for the other 59 minutes of the game...

Instead of playing like 4 guy with one "star" on the ice (Jones, Bedard, Kane, etc) they've been playing like a 5 man unit. Less predictable and much tighter in all zones.
Yep. Obviously the talent is lacking but most of the guys were busting their asses and gave Jets all they could handle on their ice.

If a Hawks fan complains about last night's game then I think they probably shouldn't watch for a while as I reckon as long as Bedard is out that is the best we're going to get for this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig