Rumor: Hawks Intersted in James van Riemsdyk & Gabriel Landeskog

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
This is the 3rd viewing so far, which has confirmed the poor form this season.
32 games - 15 pts
(-10)

He doesn't seem to be playing well.

Was a legit question so thank you for answering. Tough judge if based on one game, but three is a slightly bigger sample size. Numbers are definitely down but I'd take shot on him. Still a young player and a chance of scenery and better team could be a boost to him.

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
no prob.... i am just fishing here and speculating on this huge contract and yrs.

i am in the thinking that maybe, just maybe the idea was to expose seabs to expansion draft now or in several yrs from now with the new team, whether that is seattle or not. to insure that seabs is taken care of, meaning his future ..... knowing that he may not end it with chi.

the other thing is maybe, just maybe this was a guarantee for, again his livelihood if he gets concussed, he and his family will have a nice nest egg to look forward to.

i am not faulting him nor the hawks fo, if any of this was done. then again, we may never know. to me, this show class to the hawks org of taking care of their players.

you should see a movie on hockey and the fight for the nhl union and the league wide players contract with ted lindsey...... outstanding.

I honestly do not think Seabrook finishes his contract. I think it was set up to give him as much money up front as possible and then the term was extended out to lower the cap hit. I think he retires as a Hawk and I think it probably happens in about 5 years. I can't see him sticking around once he can't skate anymore and becomes a Scuderi type anchor.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I honestly do not think Seabrook finishes his contract. I think it was set up to give him as much money up front as possible and then the term was extended out to lower the cap hit. I think he retires as a Hawk and I think it probably happens in about 5 years. I can't see him sticking around once he can't skate anymore and becomes a Scuderi type anchor.

This is, by far, the most pleasant alternative. And it's actually plausible. Seabrook won't need the money, spends his entire career with one team (how many guys can say that?) and I think he's too proud to take a paycheck while being a boat anchor. Hope it happens.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
This is the 3rd viewing so far, which has confirmed the poor form this season.
32 games - 15 pts
(-10)

He doesn't seem to be playing well.

We're talking about a team that's lost ROR and Statsny over the past couple years and replaced them with? Idek tbh. Does Mac play centre or wing?

Give Landeskog a Toews to play with and I have little doubt he's a 30/30 player again, who's also a truck and plays consistently.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
We're talking about a team that's lost ROR and Statsny over the past couple years and replaced them with? Idek tbh. Does Mac play centre or wing?

Give Landeskog a Toews to play with and I have little doubt he's a 30/30 player again, who's also a truck and plays consistently.

Iginla and Soderberg :laugh:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

preaching to the choir, brother. :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad