Rumor: Hawks Interested in Simon Hjalmarsson

Nothingman*

From todays game:
bowman.jpg

Should mean it's somewhat serious.

Stan looks like he is asking him out on a date.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
They dumped off brother Jimmy to FLA..maybe Kevin wants to play with him? Or maybe he figures to be in thevtop 2 lines in CGY with current lineage at BC..Gaudreau.? He plays RW. .with incumbents HOSSA and Kane there in CHI maybe Hayes thanks the best he could advance in CHI is only to 3rd line at best..so better opportunities for top 2 lines elsewhere and then that eventually means bigger money if he maintains in a top six forward group. So not signing in CHI is understandable just on that basis alone..

SIMON HJALMARSSON I believe plays LW..perhaps his agent knows that Versteeg's contract goes only 1 more year after this..So even if he has to play a year in Rockford to get used to the smaller ice..there could be opportunity for him to replace a more expensive Versteeg the following year. OR if his talent exceeds Versteeg next year the Hawks would dump Versteeg off somewhere else..but at least there is some opportunity if he can grab it.

Versteeg has 2 more years on contract after this season

SLarmer28*

SIMON HJALMARSSON I believe plays LW..perhaps his agent knows that Versteeg's contract goes only 1 more year after this..So even if he has to play a year in Rockford to get used to the smaller ice..there could be opportunity for him to replace a more expensive Versteeg the following year. OR if his talent exceeds Versteeg next year the Hawks would dump Versteeg off somewhere else..but at least there is some opportunity if he can grab it.
Kris Versteeg is probably not the target of Chicago Blackhawks management's disappointment. Kris Versteeg has two years left on his contract with a salary cap hit of $2.2 million.

The Chicago Blackhawks re-signed left winger Brandon Mashinter to a two year contract extension. The Chicago Blackhawks look to sign left winger Simon Hjalmarrson to a contract for the 2014-15 NHL Season.

Ever think Chicago Blackhawks management are sick and tired of one left winger on the roster who is a no show act in the regular season? An overpaid left winger who does not participate on the power play nor the penalty kill?

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Whats this none sense about the Hawks not signing Hayes? Man I hate rumors that come out of no where. Just a month back there was an article praising Hayes... People come up with the stupidest things just for the sake of a little attention.

It was "started" by Hawks beat writer Tracey Myers and it makes complete sense. We'll see what happen. Myers didn't put anything in stone, just relayed what she's heard to this point.

massivegoonery

Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
Maybe I'm an idiot or maybe I'm drunk, or both, but I don't understand what that picture means. Is he asking Bowman to marry him?

massivegoonery

Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
Simon was such an HF50 love child that I would love to get him, for better or for worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Late to the party, but wanted to say that Hjalmarsson is as legit as they come in terms of having skill and the willingness to play a style of hockey that will make him successful in North America. He was actually in consideration for Team Sweden for the Olympics after wearing a letter for them in the World Championships and winning Gold. Pretty high praise for a guy from the SHL to garner consideration for the team considering the plethora of talented NHL players to choose from.

I wouldn't be surprised if this were a one way deal when it is completed either. He's a pretty hot commodity right now with reports that he has also garnered heavy interest from the KHL and perhaps other NHL teams. More sandpaper to his game than is perhaps anticipated for what seems to be an undersized scorer. He just took some time to come into his own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad