GDT: Hawks @ Canucks 9pm 1/22/24 NBC Sports Chicago +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I see lots of comments about Reichel and his ‘confidence’. How can has average fans watching on tv know that the issue is ‘confidence’? To me he just doesn’t look like an NHL player. A complete non-factor in pretty much every game he’s been in this season.

Has Chrevier played d before ? He looks out of position on every shift.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
Reichel wasn't a non-factor - he was doing better defensively and was playing decent minutes in the Hawks recent defensively stronger games. He also looked better than others on the pp. But he wasn't converting his opportunities into points so he's sitting. As EO used to say they don't care how they go in for a player like Reichel as long as they're going in. Same goes for Guttman who has a little o skill.

Reichel has been a non-factor all season. I don't recall his defensive play last game, but he didn't record a single shot attempt (not just shots on goal, but SHOT ATTEMPTS) in a game where the Hawks were a big offensive presence. I believe that was also the game where Reichel had numbers and should've pushed towards the net but instead pulled back. Even the announcer gave an audible 'NO!' when he did that.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
I see lots of comments about Reichel and his ‘confidence’. How can has average fans watching on tv know that the issue is ‘confidence’? To me he just doesn’t look like an NHL player. A complete non-factor in pretty much every game he’s been in this season.

Because the skill is clearly there, he just isn't doing anything with it.

Reactions: Geoist

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois

When he was up last year he would actually try to make plays. That hasn't been the case outside of a couple games this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geoist

Geoist

May 1, 2015

He certainly looked like an NHL player last season.

Everything he's doing wrong is a sign of a player with zero confidence in himself.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Reichel wasn't a non-factor - he was doing better defensively and was playing decent minutes in the Hawks recent defensively stronger games. He also looked better than others on the pp. But he wasn't converting his opportunities into points so he's sitting. As EO used to say they don't care how they go in for a player like Reichel as long as they're going in. Same goes for Guttman who has a little o skill.
Reichel's play on a PP is not his issue. His 5-on-5 play is.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I’ll trade one “Reichel sucks” for one “Vlasic Rules”. And come out ahead on the season.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I guess the Canucks decided to protest Luke Richardson's horrible mistreatment of Lukas Reichel and wore their Team Germany jerseys and are giving us an arse whooping

Geoist

May 1, 2015
Demko's net has an invisible force field

Demko wanted icing? LMAO, that was nowhere close to icing.

Reactions: Section88

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Reichel has been a non-factor all season. I don't recall his defensive play last game, but he didn't record a single shot attempt (not just shots on goal, but SHOT ATTEMPTS) in a game where the Hawks were a big offensive presence. I believe that was also the game where Reichel had numbers and should've pushed towards the net but instead pulled back. Even the announcer gave an audible 'NO!' when he did that.
Hey, the Hawks lack of scoring touch is a TEAM EFFORT. The european guy with skill is being punished for it. I wish LR would sit Entwistle when his number one goal isn't to get the puck to Reichel.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
Hey, the Hawks lack of scoring touch is a TEAM EFFORT. The european guy with skill is being punished for it. I wish LR would sit Entwistle when his number one goal isn't to get the puck to Reichel.

I think LR has mishandled the Reichel situation and I even made a thread about it. But I agree with benching Reichel for this game. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Reactions: Callidusblackhawk

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Unfortunately, Reichel has been a nonfactor, at best, all year. Last game, he was the only player who did not have at least one shot attempt. He's lost all confidence and needs to be sent down to Rockford.

Can't let Hughes shoot there. Geez.
Hopefully he figures it out. I absolutely fell in love with his game last year, and my girlfriend is from Germany, so we have fun rooting for the germans.

Reactions: Mrfenn92 and Geoist

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
Vlasic is a stud!

Megna would make for a great 2-3 year deal at $850k-1M. He provides good depth for the price and could always be sent down and be the captain in Rockford to help the young guys

In the future...

Levshunov-Vlasic
Rinzel-KK
EDM

If that D-core pops, it will be pretty special!

Geoist

May 1, 2015
Hopefully he figures it out. I absolutely fell in love with his game last year, and my girlfriend is from Germany, so we have fun rooting for the germans.

I hope so, too! He played well last season and we were excited to see him play with Bedard. He's still young so I'm not ready to rule him a bust yet.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Reichel's play on a PP is not his issue. His 5-on-5 play is.
It was Kurashev that caved 5 on 5 Bobby. Remember that -2? LR is doing Reichel a favor reminding him that he needs to get going offensively. He needs to get selfish and stop passing the puck to team mates until it comes back to him. BTW, it was the plug Entwistle and Guttman who got stuck on the ice for a Kovalev-esque multi minute shift. Remember that? Reichel never overstays his shift. He should start. I'll agree with you about Reichel - he could use some Colin Blackwell aggression and grit.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
I think LR has mishandled the Reichel situation and I even made a thread about it. But I agree with benching Reichel for this game. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
I don't disagree with the benching. Reichel strikes me as a nice kid and he needs to be reminded that its a business and with his skill they expect him to put it into the net at a decent clip. This season is costing him money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad