Hoglander Aman Lafferty
DiGuiseppe (DTD) Karlsson

Hughes Hronek
Zadorov Myers
Cole Juulsen
Friedman

Demko/Desmith

Injured: Soucy Poolman

Roster move will be needed for Foligno to come off of IR.

These were the lines as of yesterdays practice

Last edited:
Reactions: Giovi

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Not sure where to put this...
He leads all Blackhawks forwards and is 11th in the league in deflections causing turnovers per 60 minutes. Also, since making his season debut in November, 51.6 percent of his puck possession per game (31 seconds) has occurred in the offensive zone. That’s the highest rate on the Blackhawks.

According to Evolving Hockey’s goals above replacement (GAR) metric, only Alex Vlasic, Jason Dickinson and Nick Foligno have had more of an all-around impact on the Blackhawks than Anderson this season.

Reactions: d rake and Mrfenn92

ytsejam

May 15, 2023
I'll have my hockey watch box on tonight!
Probably only get to watch the 1st period though.
Rawr!

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

Let me get this straight. Reichel hasn’t been terrible defensively? And you need a spark offensively?

So your solution is to play Johnson, Entwistle, Pitlick etc? Yeah no that makes sense to me.

Guttman scratched for being a defensive liability apparently.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Hard to blame anyone but Reichel at this point. He just hasn't been good enough.
Yeah, he seems like one of those soft Euros that Don Cherry used to rant about.
/sarcasm

All joking aside, Reichel has to be better and while it's not time to give up yet, next year is pretty much do or die in terms of being part of this team. I'm kinda shocked he's been this bad after his first 2 AHL seasons and his cup o coffee last year were so promising.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Richardson is joke

He is one of the worst coaches in NHL and having him handle any development of kid is upfront is recipe for disaster

Hawks will eventually give away Reichel who will go elsewhere and thrive away from this fool

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
I mean you don't bring in tough, hardworking vets to establish a culture and then completely undermine that by rewarding a young, skilled player who plays as soft as he has been. I doubt Richardson is enjoying it.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Reichel has been shit. Is some of that coaching? You could probably say so. There comes a certain point when the player has to play himself into the lineup and hold himself accountable. Reichel hasn’t done that.

He can either use this as a springboard into a more consistent effort, or capitulate like he has up to this point. I’m rooting for the former but betting on the latter.

Reactions: Hakoon

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Richardson is joke

He is one of the worst coaches in NHL and having him handle any development of kid is upfront is recipe for disaster

Hawks will eventually give away Reichel who will go elsewhere and thrive away from this fool
You realize LR was his coach last year right, where he played well and looked like he was poised for a big year. He has had a ton of chances this year, has been put in a variety of roles and simply hasn’t done anything with it. At what point is it on the player?

Reactions: Kurtosis

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
He leads all Blackhawks forwards and is 11th in the league in deflections causing turnovers per 60 minutes. Also, since making his season debut in November, 51.6 percent of his puck possession per game (31 seconds) has occurred in the offensive zone. That’s the highest rate on the Blackhawks.

According to Evolving Hockey’s goals above replacement (GAR) metric, only Alex Vlasic, Jason Dickinson and Nick Foligno have had more of an all-around impact on the Blackhawks than Anderson this season.
You like stats, fine but what about an important one: 1 goal in half a season playing alongside some pretty decent linemates.

So Joey has a single goal but somehow he's good at an obscure stat named "deflections causing turnovers". What's next to try to inflate this bum?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well game starts 10pm in Eastern time xone where I live ((Ottawa)...so I have to ask myself it is worth starting late till end of the game to watch a lijely horror show with that lineup up front OR shoukdvI just watch periods and if the score is a laugher for Vancouver after 20 minutes...call it a night and leave the skatiing kdead to their fate ...else I will be walking dead likea zombie tomorro
Hawks must contebd with :

.super-depleted roster (IR overflow)

.a torrid Vancouver club

.long travel

.time zone change

. Knowledge that 3 more difficult games are in store on this road trip after this one before the schedule becomes easier the rest of the season in terms of strength of schedule ...do you might infer a surrender to the schedule on this road trip ..ie.save your A efforts for games you have a better chance of winning.

Facing all this adversity,Hawks should lose big tonight ...one might surnise....

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Well game starts 10pm in Eastern time xone where I live ((Ottawa)...so I have to ask myself it is worth starting late till end of the game to watch a lijely horror show with that lineup up front OR shoukdvI just watch periods and if the score is a laugher for Vancouver after 20 minutes...call it a night and leave the skatiing kdead to their fate ...else I will be walking dead likea zombie tomorro
Hawks must contebd with :

.super-depleted roster (IR overflow)

.a torrid Vancouver club

.long travel

.time zone change

. Knowledge that 3 more difficult games are in store on this road trip after this one before the schedule becomes easier the rest of the season in terms of strength of schedule ...do you might infer a surrender to the schedule on this road trip ..ie.save your A efforts for games you have a better chance of winning.

Facing all this adversity,Hawks should lose big tonight ...one might surnise....
How early do you work in the morning?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Let me get this straight. Reichel hasn’t been terrible defensively? And you need a spark offensively?

So your solution is to play Johnson, Entwistle, Pitlick etc? Yeah no that makes sense to me.

Guttman scratched for being a defensive liability apparently.
I’ll keep this straight. This isn’t about Johnson, Entwistle, Pitlick etc, it’s about Reichel and how he needs a game to sit because he’s been bad. LuRich is just being nice and not starting a controversy by not completely putting him on blast to the media.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
You like stats, fine but what about an important one: 1 goal in half a season playing alongside some pretty decent linemates.

So Joey has a single goal but somehow he's good at an obscure stat named "deflections causing turnovers". What's next to try to inflate this bum?
I posted the article with you in mind and expecting you to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I’ll keep this straight. This isn’t about Johnson, Entwistle, Pitlick etc, it’s about Reichel and how he needs a game to sit because he’s been bad. LuRich is just being nice and not starting a controversy by not completely putting him on blast to the media.
Whatever you say Luke

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I posted the article with you in mind and expecting you to make a mountain out of a mole hill.
Hawks need young prospects with potential, who may be part of the future and/or guys who get into the trenches and work hard every night. Or veterans like Foligno who will show the young players how to play the game properly. There is no room for ANY player who doesn't fit into that model.

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Richardson has not handled Reichel well, but at some point, the fault needs to fall on Reichel. He has not been good enough, not by a long shot.

I'm hoping he's like his buddy Kurashev and eventually will figure it out and not have to be constantly scratched, but for now, he's out and he's got no one to blame but himself.

Reactions: BobbyJet

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Richardson has not handled Reichel well, but at some point, the fault needs to fall on Reichel. He has not been good enough, not by a long shot.

I'm hoping he's like his buddy Kurashev and eventually will figure it out and not have to be constantly scratched, but for now, he's out and he's got no one to blame but himself.
I reckon Reichel will get one more chance for this season and if he doesn't show more will be sent back to RFD for the remainder of this season.
It's not a big deal for a guy like him to get more time in the AHL. He should have a good idea of exactly what he needs to work on.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
One of the gripes I had with LR's handling of Reichel is that he was being moved around with different players and couldn't develop any continuity. Well, LR has played Reichel consistently with Guttman and Entwistle for quite a while. Guttman is older and more defensively aggressive than Reichel but is a little selfish (I thought Tyler Johnson played selfish when lined with Reichel too). Entwistle is a hard working plug with little offensive skill and Reichel isn't 88 so he can't work a miracle with Entwistle. Well, Reichel and Guttman didn't develop any chemistry and didn't produce any O. So what does LR do? He sits BOTH Reichel and Guttman. That kinda makes sense to me because Guttman should know that he's only going to get bigger O numbers if he works with Reichel - Entwistle is a offensive black hole.

I don't think they will give up on Reichel until they see how he plays with other high draftees. In fact, I think they aren't playing him with Bedard and Kurashev because they don't want him to get comfortable with Bedard and Kurashev. One other thing, AA and TH are not blameless since they both had a slow start before they got injured. They were brought here to help young guys like Bedard and Reichel but they did very little helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad