GDT: Hawks @ Canucks 9pm 1/22/24 NBC Sports Chicago +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Just saw that Reichel is benched. A player I always rooted for. What's been his biggest issue this year? Just all around sucking or?

Geoist

May 1, 2015
Just saw that Reichel is benched. A player I always rooted for. What's been his biggest issue this year? Just all around sucking or?

Unfortunately, Reichel has been a nonfactor, at best, all year. Last game, he was the only player who did not have at least one shot attempt. He's lost all confidence and needs to be sent down to Rockford.

Can't let Hughes shoot there. Geez.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Some of the worst defensive coverage you’ll ever see on that goal. Pee wee house teams don’t even make that mistake

Reactions: Geoist

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Actually I’ve changed my mind. It’s probably better Reichel sits this game and let all the useless plugs get embarrassed instead.

Reactions: nmgrbhfn

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Not that it matters because he didn't fall but I was wrong to not be on the Quinn Hughes train that draft.

I recall many all over him after the WC where he played with Kane and got tons of praise.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Just saw that Reichel is benched. A player I always rooted for. What's been his biggest issue this year? Just all around sucki

Unfortunately, Reichel has been a nonfactor, at best, all year. Last game, he was the only player who did not have at least one shot attempt. He's lost all confidence and needs to be sent down to Rockford.

Can't let Hughes shoot there. Geez.
That's not what LR said. LR benched both Guttman and Reichel - the more offensively skilled players on their line. Although Reichel was playing better defensively, Guttman and Reichel didn't seem to work together on the o side. You can't win if you don't score so Guttman and Reichel should be trying to figure it out while they're sitting.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Vlasic might f*** around and score 10-15 goals a year if he ever figures out how to finish these breakaways. Never seen a defenseman (especially a 6’6 guy that plays his style) get in on goal so often

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Not that it matters because he didn't fall but I was wrong to not be on the Quinn Hughes train that draft.

I recall many all over him after the WC where he played with Kane and got tons of praise.
If it makes you feel any better I wasn’t either. Lots of high risk stuff in college and at the world junior and he was a train wreck defensively. Got much better at picking his spots as a pro (which we saw at the worlds in his draft year). Just one of those guys who tried to do too much against inferior competition and really unlocked his game playing within himself against better competition

Geoist

May 1, 2015
That's not what LR said. LR benched both Guttman and Reichel - the more offensively skilled players on their line. Although Reichel was playing better defensively, Guttman and Reichel didn't seem to work together on the o side. You can't win if you don't score so Guttman and Reichel should be trying to figure it out while they're sitting.

Not sure how this contradicts what I said.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Not sure how this contradicts what I said.
Reichel wasn't a non-factor - he was doing better defensively and was playing decent minutes in the Hawks recent defensively stronger games. He also looked better than others on the pp. But he wasn't converting his opportunities into points so he's sitting. As EO used to say they don't care how they go in for a player like Reichel as long as they're going in. Same goes for Guttman who has a little o skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad