Pre-Game Talk: Hawks @ Canucks - 02.01.13 - CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Luongo is playing well albeit against some pretty limited offensive teams (Edmonton excluded)

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I don't see any reason to change what's been working due to the opponent. Over-thinking like that is what loses teams games. Stick to the plan and play your game, not theirs.

He's shut them down for years. Don't **** with the formula, that's how you lose games.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
The idea of Shaw's line taking on the Sedins is frightening from a Hawks perspective. I know it is easy to forget but those guys have a hell of a lot of offensive talent.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
The idea of Shaw's line taking on the Sedins is frightening from a Hawks perspective. I know it is easy to forget but those guys have a hell of a lot of offensive talent.

They did a hell of a job against a pretty good scoring line last night of Parise-Koivu-Heatley.

BBSeabs27

#freeseabs
Jan 27, 2011
Chicago
Here's to hoping the canucks/their fans dont piss me off to the point where i get in trouble like last time we played them :cheers:

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I don't condone Keith's cheapshot, but it's hilarious how blind Canucks fans are and won't even admit that Daniel started the whole thing. He doesn't go after Keith's head, then the whole thing never would have happened. Keith was deservedly suspended, and they still won't let it go.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I don't condone Keith's cheapshot, but it's hilarious how blind Canucks fans are and won't even admit that Daniel started the whole thing. He doesn't go after Keith's head, then the whole thing never would have happened. Keith was deservedly suspended, and they still won't let it go.

I'm not gonna lie, I completely forgot that he had done that first.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Good memory. I completely forgot about that till you mentioned it. Anyone have a video of it? Every time I look for it I just get results of when Keith hit Daniel.

edit: found it!

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Ok everyone

Wishing injuries on players , Laughing at concussions , Bringing up Torres , Trolling opposing fan GDT's (Both sides have been doing it) will not be tolerated

Keep discussion on actual hockey news/events/etc related to tommorrows game

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

I'd rather this team pit the 1st or 2nd line against the Sedins. If they don't have the puck they are no threat at all. Truth is those two feed off of PP's. We play disciplined and that should be enough to keep them at bay.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Question for Hawks fans...

How has the level of physicality, size and grit level changed in the Hawks lineup relative to the last time teams met in the playoffs?

Factually speaking, the Hawks were overmatched in that department during the early part of the series... and was priority in the offseason for Bowman to address at the time..
I know there were a few changes in that department, but unaware of the overall picture and how it manifested itself on the ice since.

Point being, i think this game tomorrow will be an intense one.. as close to a playoff type game as you're going to get in week 2 of the reg season, and that usually means a very physical affair.

Overall skill level at the moment, there is no question of the Hawk superiority presently...
They should be favored to win... but how have the hawks fared so far the other departments...
And who do you expect to get the better of the physical play tomorrow night?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
^
Hawks are alot softer

Literally dont hit very often outside of Bickell/Shaw/Hammer/Seabrook

Frolik and a few others try to hit but it really isn't successful

Hawks are more back to puck possession as primary means to cut down physical aspects of game

Keep puck away and stay a step faster then opponent there means to protect themselves.. Keep opponent struggling to contain transistion attack and not playing there game

Nothingman*

The tough stuff is not really part of their game with the roster we have. And with a short season spending, I don't think focusing on that too much is a good thing. As stated above, puck possession is the key and what has worked for them. And will continue to instead of bringing up knuckledraggers with no skill that can only do one thing and it has little to do with hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad