Pre-Game Talk: Hawks @ Canucks - 02.01.13 - CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
can one of the mods edit the title - I meant to say "- 8:00 pm CT" not just " - CT".

I'll have to be home for this one...the GDT will be entertaining b/c Canuck fans usually come here to troll during the game.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Just don't want Keith to get in a scrum where he ends up with a fighting major or a 10 minute misconduct because he ends up getting in a slap fight with Burrows or Lapierre.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Just don't want Keith to get in a scrum where he ends up with a fighting major or a 10 minute misconduct because he ends up getting in a slap fight with Burrows or Lapierre.

I think Keith is smart enough to avoid this. If it were Seabrook, probably wouldn't feel that way, but not too worried about Keith doing that.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Hosea Cheung ‏@hosea24hours
Schneider said its just adversity. Coach didn't tell him he wasn't starting, figured it out when didn't hear anything. #canucks

^^ nice coach :shakehead

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
toews1.jpg

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Just let him get in a slap fight and be done with it. That way it's over with and all the "he has to answer the bell for the hit" stuff is over with and it's done.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I think Keith is smart enough to avoid this. If it were Seabrook, probably wouldn't feel that way, but not too worried about Keith doing that.

Happened last time

4:25

Kevin Bieksa: 2 Minutes for Slashing

6:07

Alex Burrows: 2 Minutes for Roughing

9:09

Alex Burrows: 10 Minute Misconduct

Duncan Keith: 2 Minutes for Roughing

Alex Burrows: 2 Minutes for Roughing

Zack Kassian: 10 Minute Misconduct

Zack Kassian: 2 Minutes for Roughing (Served by Dale Weise)

Duncan Keith: 10 Minute Misconduct

13:06

Henrik Sedin: 2 Minutes for Hooking

15:28

Henrik Sedin: 2 Minutes for Goalkeeper Interference

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Nothing would satisfy me more than having our top PP line out there in the 3rd of a 7-0 game like two years ago.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Kassian is a tough kid but Milan Lucic he is not. Clowe hammered him and despite busting Eager open, Eager had the upper hand in their fight when Kassian was driven to the ice.

BBSeabs27

#freeseabs
Jan 27, 2011
Chicago
so excited for this game. only thing thats gonna get me through work tomorrow. Anybody takes a run at Keith you can bet Seabrook will make sure they pay. If you **** with DK, Seabs is right there to tear your face off. Quite interesting how close they are. All the better for us.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
so excited for this game. only thing thats gonna get me through work tomorrow. Anybody takes a run at Keith you can bet Seabrook will make sure they pay. If you **** with DK, Seabs is right there to tear your face off. Quite interesting how close they are. All the better for us.

It will be interesting to see what Seabrook does in this game. Although he doesn't fight a ton, he can hold his own against anyone the Canucks have.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Seabrook is tough. Period. Doesn't fight a lot because they don't want him to and it's not his game but he can hold his own and then some.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Seabrook is tough. Period. Doesn't fight a lot because they don't want him to and it's not his game but he can hold his own and then some.

Right. Which is why I'm not worried about Keith getting isolated out there with a guy like Kassian or Volpatti (even though he sucks at fighting)

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Doubt they try to match him up on them since he's on the 2nd line. We'll see if Shaw can bait Kassian into something though.

That's true, but I definitely wouldn't do that. They are top heavy with their injuries. Change the lines for this game or let them go toe to toe with the second line. Preferably I would just put Bolland back on the third line for this game and let him play his usual role against the Canucks.

BBSeabs27

#freeseabs
Jan 27, 2011
Chicago
+1. My thoughts exactly. Interesting seeing how Canucks fans view this game differs from ours. They care more about revenge on Keith than winning. I mean...I wanna win so that's fine with me.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Preferably I would just put Bolland back on the third line for this game and let him play his usual role against the Canucks.

I don't see any reason to change what's been working due to the opponent. Over-thinking like that is what loses teams games. Stick to the plan and play your game, not theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad