Pre-Game Talk: Hawks @ Canucks - 02.01.13 - CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
First match up of the year against our butthurt rivals, w/ their fans still whining over Keith's hit on Sedin.

Unlike last year's President's Cup run (after which they went on to lose after 5 games in the first round) they look much shakier this year - with injuries, little elite offense, and of course the ongoing goalie fiasco...they currently have one less win (in one more game) than the Edmonton Oilers.

I predict 4-1 Hawks...fingers crossed their goalie ends up getting pulled.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
I am going to make a hopefully nice GDT.

Crawford is going to be in net. Their top lines are depleted. Just have to be on the attack and not take penalties so you can really take advantage of them. We have much better depth than they do.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Think its going to be a blood bath early, if its a 2 or 3 goal game, gets ugly late as well.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Even taking any revenge factor out of it just the general nature of the games makes it nice to muscle the lineup up a bit seeing as you have a couple of the horses to do it and they're fairly regular players anyhow.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
If the Hawks play it right, I think they can goad the Canucks into a ton of penalties. I think you'll see a Shaw-Volpatti scrap, maybe Kassian and Bollig get in to it in the first period and then things calm down until late in the game (unless its a really close game)

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
If the Hawks play it right, I think they can goad the Canucks into a ton of penalties. I think you'll see a Shaw-Volpatti scrap, maybe Kassian and Bollig get in to it in the first period and then things calm down until late in the game (unless its a really close game)

Was thinking the same about trying to suck them into penalties.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
duncan-keith.460.tx.jpg

Diver

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Luongo gets the start from what I heard. Just another game, just another possible 2 points for the Hawks. If AV had a brain he'd worry about the same thing but I'm sure hell be in
Kassians, Bieksas and Volpatties ears as the game goes by.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Luongo has already took over his #1 spot in vancouver It looks like.

Luongo plays 3 games in a row, nuts.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Bolland-Kane
Bickell-Shaw-Stalberg
Frolik-Kruger-Bollig

Can't afford to sit Frolik or Kruger as they are 2 of our penalty killers. Maybe you sit Frolik and move Kruger to 4th line wing and let Mayers play center.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I have Lu in fantasy. I am in a serious pickle here.

No you're not. You can sacrifice one night of fantasy stats to see 7uongo.

I am hoping Keith can finish the job he started and take out Henrik.

PS: Canucks fans tears are like an elixir for me.

Oh god, now our board is going to be flooded all night :laugh:

I agree, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad