Confirmed with Link: Hawks Acquire Antoine Vermette for a 2015 1st & Dahlbeck

Status
Not open for further replies.

teddy83

Nov 2, 2013
That 4th line looked great, no need to start messing that up, if the faceoffs are a concern for that line TT can take those faceoffs?

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Faceoffs were a concern on all lines. Krüger is better at winning them than Teräväinen. Taking them against Gaustad will result in loses. He's great at the dot.

Nothingman*

Q like TT with Kruger because of so many D zone starts and having two Cs there to take FOs. I have no problem with that. My problem is why is Versteeg on the second PP unit when TTs creativity sits on the bench. That is stupid.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
That 4th line looked great, no need to start messing that up, if the faceoffs are a concern for that line TT can take those faceoffs?

Kruger is the 2nd best faceoff guy on the Hawks if we aren't counting Vermette. Faceoffs and strength are why TT isn't at center yet and what he needs to work on.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
We in the off season probably get less for Sharp and Crawford (if we traded them both and got to WCF) then we paid for Timmo and Vermette, IE a 1st 2 2nds and Dahlback. for a 1st and 2nd and dahlback we could have had Yandle 50% retained for next year as well.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Q like TT with Kruger because of so many D zone starts and having two Cs there to take FOs. I have no problem with that. My problem is why is Versteeg on the second PP unit when TTs creativity sits on the bench. That is stupid.

TT should be on the first PP unit, let alone the 2nd. I'd want both Kane and TT out there creating and making plays. Just another example of Q being a complete ****ing idiot.

DayNah

Ship it donk!
Feb 11, 2010
Alright I've really tried to be optimistic that Vermette would come around. But man this trade looks so bad. Hoping he plays game 4 and does something. Guess the bright side is Sharp is looking great and hopefully will fetch us a first rounder at the draft.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The value we traded for him is greater that the return we are getting. Don't blame Bowman for making the trade though because we needed to try and replace some Kane scoring and add a top 6 center. It just didn't turn out like the Hawks wanted.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The value we traded for him is greater that the return we are getting. Don't blame Bowman for making the trade though because we needed to try and replace some Kane scoring and add a top 6 center. It just didn't turn out like the Hawks wanted.

Vermette was never acquired to replace Patrick Kane's scoring.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Vermettes numbers were inflated because he played for Teams that aren't good. He isn't a Top6 Center, never was and never will be

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Is Richards? Is Handzus? Vermette isn't off to the kind of start we had all hoped for but your assessment is a little harsh IMO.

I can see arguments for him being better than Teräväinen... but not for him being better than Toews, Shaw, Krüger and Richards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad