Have players stopped wearing mouth guards?

dkhockey

May 27, 2007
Europe
I see so many players without mouth guards, some got lots of teeth left, but many more are missing lots ! What about Pat Kane for instance, used to chew on his guard 24/7... he no longer has one? have many players stopped using mouth guards?

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I'm pretty sure last time I watched Matt Tkachuk, he was chewing on it while playing. Pretty sure that defeats the purpose :laugh:

Reactions: dkhockey

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Some payers have never worn them, most do, but take them out immediately at the whistle... many have them but only chew on them , not really wearing them.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Pretty sure they have to wear mouth guards, which is why many don't wear them, they don't want to wear them, they likely have to.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Personal Question:

I'm a novice player here, been playing for 3 months. Been wearing a mouth guard but it's difficult to breathe.
Weird question but how do you breathe with it?
Do I breathe just with my mouth? Breath just with my nose?

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Anyone who didn't grow up with them knows how hard they can be to adapt. I remember when they first became mandatory in minor hockey, everyone was gasping for air, because they really do reduce your intake.

Erz8771

Aug 2, 2007
T.Bay
Personal Question:

I'm a novice player here, been playing for 3 months. Been wearing a mouth guard but it's difficult to breathe.
Weird question but how do you breathe with it?
Do I breathe just with my mouth? Breath just with my nose?

Keep your mouth closed and breath out of your nose while youre on the ice.

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
That chewing shit annoys me and Nylander is the worst. I just want to punch him in the face whenever I see him chewing on it. It’s f***ing disgusting.

I’ve trained and competed in muay thai for 15 years and not once did I remove my mouthpiece. It doesn’t feel great, but you get used to it, and nowdays there are mouthpieces that you barely feel. Chewing on it should result in a penalty shot and an automatic game misconduct for the chewing player.

Reactions: GeeoffBrown

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Tyler Seguin doesn't wear one. I would require it for my players/team though
Why, there is absolutely zero medical proof that mouth guards prevent concussions or loss of teeth. This is why they are not mandatory for anyone, pro or minors

Emerica

May 29, 2010
That chewing **** annoys me and Nylander is the worst. I just want to punch him in the face whenever I see him chewing on it. It’s ****ing disgusting.

I’ve trained and competed in muay thai for 15 years and not once did I remove my mouthpiece. It doesn’t feel great, but you get used to it, and nowdays there are mouthpieces that you barely feel. Chewing on it should result in a penalty shot and an automatic game misconduct for the chewing player.
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad