Speculation: Has Peter Chiarelli Finally Learned His Lesson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Hey for the last time how in the hell is saying Barzal was an asset CHIA traded a lie , are you seriously this dense ? Or are you just making up crap like you always do on here , sorry man time to add you to the list of instiagtors on here that know little about hockey but just want instigate garbage . Grow up and don't bother replying I wont see it . Enough of the kids in here .

Asset - property owned by a person or company, regarded as having value and available to meet debts, commitments, or legacies.

Show me when the Oilers owned the rights to Matt Barzal please. You can't, because he was never an asset that the Oilers owned. They had a draft pick that could have been used on Barzal or any other prospect in the draft. It's a lie becausee it isn't true and you state it as fact despite its falsehood for the sake of propping up your arguement - which you wouldn't even need to do by the way, because its a bad trade even if the Islanders hadn't drafted Barzal.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Man been going around this pathetic circle over and over can anyone read on here lol:loony:
dDH3imm.png
Oh we can read. We are just pointing out that your logic is incredibly flawed and dishonest.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The argument is all moot anyways because the Oilers never owned Barzal's ass.
The Flames owned Barzal. That's right... Treliving traded away Barzal, damn Treliving's soul.
You see, the Flames had the 15th overall pick and Treliving traded it away. If Treliving had kept that pick the Flames would have drafted Barzal so he was ours, not the Oilers!!. The Oilers would have drafted Kyle Connor instead.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Lol of course he hasn’t. I hope Oilers fans don’t actually delude themselves into believing this. He went for extended periods of doing jackshit while Bruins GM, then would break the inactivity with a boneheaded move. More stupidity will come, just give it time.

Reactions: Godstin Matthews

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
lmao

The Oilers are touting Mikko Koskinen and Patrick Russell as prized acquisitions lmao

Lmao
No. No one with the Oilers and no fan has been touting them as anything special , Your just making crap up because you think your amusing. .

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Lmao
No. No one with the Oilers and no fan has been touting them as anything special , Your just making crap up because you think your amusing. .

There’s literally a link showing a letter Oilers management sent to a fan who wrote them a letter, where they say Chia has been working hard to improve the team, as shown by the signings of those two.

Get your facts straight

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Chiarelli will ever learn his lesson. He didnt learn after trading Wheeler, didnt learn after trading Seguin, and the absolute worst. Went backwards after trading the reigning league MVP Taylor Hall. The worst GM of all time is the moniker hes gunning for.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
The argument is all moot anyways because the Oilers never owned Barzal's ass.
The Flames owned Barzal. That's right... Treliving traded away Barzal, damn Treliving's soul.
You see, the Flames had the 15th overall pick and Treliving traded it away. If Treliving had kept that pick the Flames would have drafted Barzal so he was ours, not the Oilers!!. The Oilers would have drafted Kyle Connor instead.

The rumour at the time was the Oilers weren't even interested in picking Barzal at that slot (if they chose to keep the pick). I dunno what their choice would have been... maybe Joel Eriksson Ek or Jake DeBrusk (he was taking higher though) or Jakub Zboril (again picked before) or Kyle Connor or Travis Konecny from the various names through out. Any of them would have been better than GR :)

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I like to picture Chia as Grima Wormtongue whispering poison in Doug Armstrong/Denethor's ear. That way I can absolve Doug of blame when he signs players to crappy contracts. Now we just need a Gandalf equivalent to wake Doug up and boot Chia down some steps.

Traveled

Feb 10, 2021
The rumour at the time was the Oilers weren't even interested in picking Barzal at that slot (if they chose to keep the pick). I dunno what their choice would have been... maybe Joel Eriksson Ek or Jake DeBrusk (he was taking higher though) or Jakub Zboril (again picked before) or Kyle Connor or Travis Konecny from the various names through out. Any of them would have been better than GR :)
Of coarse they would leak that rumor. Think after all Chia had screwed up to that point, they would have admitted Barzal was an option?

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Don't know why this was bumped, but I thought some team was unfortunate enough to hire Chiarelli as their GM.

It's pretty amazing from a span of 15 years, he went from underling to GM of an eventual Stanley Cup winner in less than 5 years, then in remaining time he managed to be basically unhirable as a GM at the NHL level.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Wow was he a terrible GM when it came to trading.

This guy managed to trade Blake Wheeler, Phil Kessel, Tyler Seguin, Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle and the returns ended up Rich Peverly (Wheeler trade), Loui Erikson and Carlo (Kessel trade brought Seguin and Hamilton whose trade brough Erikson and 2nd rd pick Carlo, othe rpicks turned out being busts) and Larson.

So a #1 C, 3 first line W and a top 6 W for 2 top 9 W and 2 top 4 D...

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Of coarse they would leak that rumor. Think after all Chia had screwed up to that point, they would have admitted Barzal was an option?

The rumours were around draft day (I attended the Florida draft) and nobody knew Barzal would be Barzal then. I knew Oilers wanted Roope Hintz at the time... a cool name I thought on that day. Who knew he'd be so good.

Reactions: Traveled

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
Wow was he a terrible GM when it came to trading.

This guy managed to trade Blake Wheeler, Phil Kessel, Tyler Seguin, Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle and the returns ended up Rich Peverly (Wheeler trade), Loui Erikson and Carlo (Kessel trade brought Seguin and Hamilton whose trade brough Erikson and 2nd rd pick Carlo, othe rpicks turned out being busts) and Larson.

So a #1 C, 3 first line W and a top 6 W for 2 top 9 W and 2 top 4 D...

His trading wasnt the worst thing he did to Boston. He gave every player a NTC,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad