Has Kyle Turris proven himself to be a #1C?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Turris is on Kesler's level. Maybe not physically but everything else. What made Kesler amazing was also his physical side. But Turris clutch af so they almost even, we jus need consistency from Turris now.

However Turris has proved me wrong. I actually can't believe it but I'm loving ever second of it. He's playing like Alfie out there.

The only piece we need is a top-4 D

If we wanna be a good playoff team, I agree. Not only top 4, more like top 3, in the mold of Petry.

However, if we wanna be a contender, we also need a top line forward. Like another Hoffman.

Tbh if Prince becomes a 50 point player than that's enough. But as of now we need top 3 D and top 4 F.

We have those in the system, Chabot and White/Gagne/Chlapik. Obvi the forwards are much less likely to be a top 4 F but still there.

However we'd need at least 2 years for that to happen and at this stage we just wasting Karlsson prime years which we can not afford to do.

Chicago started competing with Keith at 27 that's what we must aim for as well with Erik. Next year could be the year we compete. I think easily possible, imo. A trade for top 4 F during summer and signing or deadline deal for top 4 D this deadline/free agency.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This is an argument I have had on here for the last few yrs that Turris is & has been a #1 centre since he took over for Spezza & what I like the most about him is that he continues to improve & helps to improve the players around him. The Turris trade could be BMs best trade since he has been the GM in Ottawa & Turris continues to be the most improved player every yr & gotten better at everything (faceoffs, offensively, defensively & special teams). I think he is surprising everyone.

Turris seems to be able to play with anyone & at some point it might make sense to reunite him with Ryan since he seems to be the only guy who can get Ryan scoring again. A line of Hoffman or Michalek - Zibanejad - Stone would probably work & another line with MacArthur or Hoffman - Turris - Ryan could also work as it has in the past. I don't get why coaches have to keep the same lineups when they barely win even though it's obvious some lines are just not working.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad