Confirmed with Link: Hartman and 5th to Preds for Ejdsell, 1st and 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Who drew the penalty on delay of game, unsportsmanlike conduct, interference, amongst others? The NHL doesn't keep track, because a lot are subjective. Lordy, everything is a battle with Morty.

On delay of game, no one drew the penalty, duh. Obviously for drawn penalties, only the penalties that are actually committed on a player are counted, that's pretty simple stuff. For penalties taken, ALL are counted. He commits fewer penalties than he draws. An objective fact, argue it if you like, but like I said, it's fact.

Man I do not want to keep arguing with you. It is getting tiring. Point is he is never put up large amount of goals or been a goal scorer. He is not some saviour. He is a fourth line maybe third line hockey player and we did not have to make a move for a guy we have plenty of already in our bottom six. My facts are in hockeydb.com if you look up Ryan Hartman. The numbers are there. I can post the link if you want, what I am saying is I do not agree that throughout an entire NHL hockey season of 82 games of 60 minutes in length that those two were only in the ice for 22 minutes together. That has not been proven. And if you can prove it that’s great, I am shocked. But he okayed 22.8 % of his time with Toews who is one of the best centres in the league. I said he was in Chicago with the likes of Kane, Toews and Panarin. Do not know how much they played together but it sounds like a fair amount with Toews.

1.) Toews is not one of the best centers in the league, not anymore.
2.) His numbers were better away from Toews, when together on the ice, their entire line and the two D-men only scored 8 total goals.
3.) No one called him a "savior", certainly not myself.

I could go on, I'd just like you to check things out before posting your "facts", like how he leeches off of Kane and Panarin, somehow pretty much without ever playing with them. That's not too much to ask.

Last edited:

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
On delay of game, no one drew the penalty, duh. Obviously for drawn penalties, only the penalties that are actually committed on a player are counted, that's pretty simple stuff. For penalties taken, ALL are counted. He commits fewer penalties than he draws. An objective fact, argue it if you like, but like I said, it's fact.
NONE are counted officially on drawn penalties-- FACT. Of course they are counted for penalties committed. Lordy.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Poile chose to spend the assets to get an asset,not a rental. I have no idea of the level of the prospect SJ gave up but it was probably a higher level one than we gave. And we didn't give up a second pick we just moved down one round. So we didn't give up as much as SJ did, And the got we got will be ours for at least 4 more years whereas Kane will only be a shark until they are bounced from the playoffs.

San Jose gave up a 2nd that only turns into a 1st if they win the Cup or resign Kane. Neither seems super likely. The prospect, Dan O'Regan is like Aberg- he's 24 and he puts up great numbers in the AHL, but he's never done much in the NHL. And they also gave up either a 3rd in 2019 or a 4th in 2020.

I think we gave up more since we included a 1st.

Reactions: HITMAN88

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
San Jose gave up a 2nd that only turns into a 1st if they win the Cup or resign Kane. Neither seems super likely. The prospect, Dan O'Regan is like Aberg- he's 24 and he puts up great numbers in the AHL, but he's never done much in the NHL. And they also gave up either a 3rd in 2019 or a 4th in 2020.

I think we gave up more since we included a 1st.

Even if the sharks give up the least possible, a 2nd, 4th, and prospect that has seen nhl time is more than a very late 1st and a prospect who may never see the nhl, and moving down about 15 spots in the draft, especially given the asset vs rental aspect.

Reading the Hawks board, they believe Hartman was traded because they thought he' command 2 mil on his next deal. That' the kind of cap hell they are in.

They also think Edjsell is NHL ready next year. I'm guessing they will be disappointed.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Even if the sharks give up the least possible, a 2nd, 4th, and prospect that has seen nhl time is more than a very late 1st and a prospect who may never see the nhl, and moving down about 15 spots in the draft, especially given the asset vs rental aspect.

Reading the Hawks board, they believe Hartman was traded because they thought he' command 2 mil on his next deal. That' the kind of cap hell they are in.

They also think Edjsell is NHL ready next year. I'm guessing they will be disappointed.

That's fair, but I do think the value is at least pretty close.

We shouldn't have much trouble resigning him. And we'll see with Edjsell I guess. He always seemed less sure than some of our other guys.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017

I haven't seen him play, so I have no idea, but I bet Poile and his scouts don't think he'll be ready next year. If they did, I don't think they would've moved him. Not if they thought he was ready to step into the top 9 himself.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I haven't seen him play, so I have no idea, but I bet Poile and his scouts don't think he'll be ready next year. If they did, I don't think they would've moved him.

Exactly. Is he in the top Swedish league or second tier? I just cant see him leapfrogging everyone in line including Gadreau anytime soon

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Exactly. Is he in the top Swedish league or second tier? I just cant see him leapfrogging everyone in line including Gadreau anytime soon

He's in the top league this year, was in the 2nd tier league last year. He has 30 points in 44 games, so not too bad, I believe he's playing pretty big minutes and on the PP. The knock on him that I've seen is that he's a poor skater. Big and pretty strong, strong on his skates, but slow and not agile.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
He's in the top league this year, was in the 2nd tier league last year. He has 30 points in 44 games, so not too bad, I believe he's playing pretty big minutes and on the PP. The knock on him that I've seen is that he's a poor skater. Big and pretty strong, strong on his skates, but slow and not agile.

Then I'd say if he makes the Hawks roster next year that sounds good for us

Reactions: maplepred

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
I'm going to wait to actually see Hartman play with the team 1st before deciding one way or another on how good or bad the trade was. He is a young guy who will have for another 4 yrs not a rental. Poile and Lavy wanted the guy enough to give up what we did so we'll see.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Morty and Voldy... Don't waste your time on posters who haven't been through the thick and thin with us all year only to show up and dump on the trade. Everyone who's anyone in our community recognizes it for what it is, good or bad, but these jokers obviously can't be reasoned with.

I've also spotted a few "Preds fan" posters on the main boards that I've never seen around here before. I guess it's the price of success.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty

I am ABSOLUTELY not in any way a scout, but the last prospect I watched struggle skating and in the agility drills to the extent Ejdsell did at prospect camp last year.. .it was Diaby.

I haven't missed a prospect camp since 2010.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Lol at this thread. It’s amazing what some folks perceived value is of certain assets relative to what the market actually demonstrates.

One might think Poile just traded Tolvanen for Erat’s dog or something.

Reactions: adurbin

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
People forget that he is still an asset. At the very least, he is worth a 2nd /3rd rounder if he doesn’t fit and we need to move him.

This is a solid deal. Maybe a slight overpay, but he is a young controlled asset. We don’t need a late first. We need depth and young depth with ability will bolster this team in its cup window.

Some of you are really overreacting. We would have killed to put this guy in the lineup last year in the playoffs.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Poile chose to spend the assets to get an asset,not a rental. I have no idea of the level of the prospect SJ gave up but it was probably a higher level one than we gave. And we didn't give up a second pick we just moved down one round. So we didn't give up as much as SJ did, And the got we got will be ours for at least 4 more years whereas Kane will only be a shark until they are bounced from the playoffs.

Bingo.

Hartman is still an asset and retains all of his value heading into next season.

Reactions: HITMAN88

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I may not like the trade, but considering his track record lately I'll give it time to see what happens.

I think the Subban, Forsberg, Joey and Turris trades should do that.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I don't mind getting Hartman. He always seems to be around the puck when I've watched the hawks play. He brings depth and I would definitely put him on the bonino jarnkrok line. I know hartnell has played good as of late but I want to see that line with a little more speed. I think Hartman will do good with them 2. Fisher and hartnell line is what I want to see.
Saying that I wish we would of got tartar instead but what's done is done. Hartman will be a cost friendly 3rd liner and I'm glad we got him

Reactions: FierceFalcon

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
I don't mind getting Hartman. He always seems to be around the puck when I've watched the hawks play. He brings depth and I would definitely put him on the bonino jarnkrok line. I know hartnell has played good as of late but I want to see that line with a little more speed. I think Hartman will do good with them 2. Fisher and hartnell line is what I want to see.
Saying that I wish we would of got tartar instead but what's done is done. Hartman will be a cost friendly 3rd liner and I'm glad we got him

I will remember these posts when he sucker punches a downed player

Or when he commits so many dumb penalties he gets benched
Blackhawks bench Ryan Hartman after rash of penalties

Poile overpaid, but that is fine, he got a young gritty player with some skill that is still RFA. I personally am indifferent to the trade.

But he also is a pest that can hurt the team; and we better pray he doesn’t pull that crap costing a playoff game.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
I remembered that he did that as well, didn't want to bring it up in a thread about him being traded to the Preds, especially since some people are already trying to crap on the trade for no reason.

Like I said, he'll make some penalty mistakes. He's a pest, that's to be expected. The fact is, he draws more penalties than he takes and that works just fine for me. Hartman has drawn 7 more penalties than he's taken. Johansen, as an example, has taken 5 more than he's drawn. In fact, only Fiala has a better penalty differential on the Preds. So what some of you are presenting as a weakness, penalties in relation to the player, is actually a strength if you ask me.

Last edited:

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Some think Poile overpaid. That is hardly no reason.

Cool. I said some people. I didn't say most and I didn't say everyone that wasn't in favor of the trade had no reason. Not sure why you felt offended, or personally called out. Given who I've been responding to in this thread, I think it's pretty clear who the intended target of my statement was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad